Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
TZR916

Cannot Create Season Pass for ABC Final Witness

Final Witness
ABC June 27th 10pm

The option to create the Season Pass is there but...

Trying to make a season pass using Tivo remote. When I go to edit pass options, the little spinning circle center of Tv screen spins for 5 seconds then it dumps me back to the show's details. Won't schedule the pass.

Trying to make a season pass using iPad app. I notice in the options it says channel "null". When I press Ok, I get Error 0x30046 and won't confirm that it's scheduled. Just makes me press Ok to exit the error message.

I can create a pass for the show(s) that air right before/after on that same channel just fine. I can create passes for this time slot on other channels just fine. It's just this show this channel.

I'll do a reboot tonight. Then try again in the morning...
TZR916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
TZR916

Reboot did not fix. Exact same problem.

Can anyone please try to create a season pass for this show and see if it works for you?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
sharkster

Well, that's weird! I just went down to my bdrm Tivo to try it and had the same experience. Just wouldn't go anywhere.

FWIW, I was trying on the HD version of the local ABC affiliate. I'm about 2 hours east of you and we have Charter Cable. Don't know if any of those elements matter.

I've never had that happen before!
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Well, that's weird! I just went down to my bdrm Tivo to try it and had the same experience. Just wouldn't go anywhere.

FWIW, I was trying on the HD version of the local ABC affiliate. I'm about 2 hours east of you and we have Charter Cable. Don't know if any of those elements matter.

I've never had that happen before!
This appears to be yet another bug in the HD menus. I temporarily switched back to the SD menus and had no problem creating an SP for it. I also note that an HD menu search fails while the SD one succeeds. The two problems probably have the same root cause.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
sharkster

I do have a couple of issues with the HD menus and one of them is the crappy search. I'm frequently having to tweak a search to find something that I already know is there somewhere. Or, if I know about when the show is, I will just jump through the Tivo guide instead of dealing with search.

But I've never had a problem setting up an SP for a show before I tried doing this for TZR.

I think they need to complete the HD thing where you aren't jumping between the HDUI and the SDUI for some things. I can't see that being a good thing. I don't understand why that wasn't all done at once, but then there is probably a lot I don't understand.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I do have a couple of issues with the HD menus and one of them is the crappy search. I'm frequently having to tweak a search to find something that I already know is there somewhere. Or, if I know about when the show is, I will just jump through the Tivo guide instead of dealing with search.

But I've never had a problem setting up an SP for a show before I tried doing this for TZR.

I think they need to complete the HD thing where you aren't jumping between the HDUI and the SDUI for some things. I can't see that being a good thing. I don't understand why that wasn't all done at once, but then there is probably a lot I don't understand.
I suspect that the HD menus are sometimes looking for data on the web and giving up when it isn't there for some reason.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
sharkster

Interesting! I've gotten that same vibe. I would have expected that the search would first be from programming, THEN outside the Tivo guide. Sometimes it seems like it just jets outside the tv programming and searching inside is an afterthought.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
lpwcomp

I just verified something I thought I 'd noticed before - if you are using the HD menus and you lose connection to the web, the "Search" option is greyed out.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
morac
Cat God

This is a side effect of the HD menus using the server data for all functionality (including scheduling), while the scheduler and season pass manager using the local data.

This can happen when the HD guide data doesn't match the SD guide data. As stated a work around is to switch to the SD menus which does all scheduling using local data. Though sometimes the SP doesn't show up correctly when switching back to HD.

Another work around used to be to go through the guide, but since that's HD now I don't think that works anymore.

The problem should theoretically clear up when the server guide data and local guide data get back in sync.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
This can happen when the HD guide data doesn't match the SD guide data. As stated a work around is to switch to the SD menus which does all scheduling using local data. Though sometimes the SP doesn't show up correctly when switching back to HD.
If you don't want to explicitly switch to the SD menus and you know the date, time, and channel, use:

Manage Recordings & Downloads->Set up a Manual Recording->Browse by Channel.

This is still SD. I created a an SP and when I later brought up the HD guide and navigated to 6/27, it was flagged with 2 check marks and I could modify the SP via the HD menu options.

Or just use kmttg. Naturally, it also uses the local data.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
If you don't want to explicitly switch to the SD menus and you know the date, time, and channel, use:

This is still SD. I created a an SP and when I later brought up the HD guide and navigated to 6/27, it was flagged with 2 check marks and I could modify the SP via the HD menu options.

Or just use kmttg. Naturally, it also uses the local data.
Or go to your tivo.com account and set up the SP from there.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Or go to your tivo.com account and set up the SP from there.
Doubtful, since it obviously uses the server data.

Just tried it. Not only does a search fail, the TV Listings Guide only goes through 6/26.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
TZR916

Quote:

Manage Recordings & Downloads->Set up a Manual Recording->Browse by Channel...
Thanks, worked perfectly.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp
I'm pretty sure that creates a SP for a specific time and channel, not for the show on at that time, so if the program changes times the SP will still record whatever is on that channel at that time.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
TZR916

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I'm pretty sure that creates a SP for a specific time and channel, not for the show on at that time, so if the program changes times the SP will still record whatever is on that channel at that time.
Nope. It's looks like the same SD screen as if you selected the show from the guide. It lets you choose Record This Showing or Get a Season Pass > Options > Keep X episodes, Type Repeats/First Run, Keep Space Needed, Start/Stop On-time.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #16
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZR916 View Post
Nope. It's looks like the same SD screen as if you selected the show from the guide. It lets you choose Record This Showing or Get a Season Pass > Options > Keep X episodes, Type Repeats/First Run, Keep Space Needed, Start/Stop On-time.
You are correct sir. Although I'd like to have a little talk with the idiot who made it "Set up a Manual Recording" since it is actually the SD menu item "Record by Time/Channel" which has three menu items of it's own - Browse by Time, Browse by Channel, and Set up a Manual Recording, the latter being what Morac is referring to.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
sharkster

Thanks for that info, James. I never would have thought of going to 'set manual recording' and finding the ability to set an SP there.

T - glad it worked for you!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Doubtful, since it obviously uses the server data.

Just tried it. Not only does a search fail, the TV Listings Guide only goes through 6/26.
Don't know why you had a problem, I made sure I could set up the SP online before I posted.
I didn't look for the program in the grid, I did a search for it.

Last edited by scandia101 : 06-17-2012 at 11:42 AM.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Don't know why you had a problem, I made sure I could set up the SP online before I posted.
I didn't look for the program in the grid, I did a search for it.
I suspect they were having a problem with one of the servers or even a group of servers.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
ajwees41

I seem to be running into the problem at least with the server. both my tivo's only have guide data until Friday June 29th at 7P.M.

zap2it's missing data also

Last edited by ajwees41 : 06-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
I seem to be running into the problem at least with the server. both my tivo's only have guide data until Friday June 29th at 7P.M.

zap2it's missing data also
Why do you expect more guide data? What you have seems about right to me.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #22
sharkster

12 days is standard, isn't it? In the 8+ years I've had Tivos it was always 12 days. (First Series 2 and now Premieres, if that makes a dif)

In the rare occasion that I've seen less, I look and find that a connection was missed, so I just forced a connection myself. But that hasn't happened since I got my Premieres and they connect via my network. With the old ones it was telephone connection and I found that that was sometimes faulty.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
ajwees41

I see the confusion the tivo goes back 2 days that's how it has 2 weeks of data
Old 06-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
I see the confusion the tivo goes back 2 days that's how it has 2 weeks of data
Oh wow! I can't believe I'm JUST getting that after all these years. I remember, early on, hearing how they had 2 weeks of programming, yet I always just had 12 days ahead. Never thought about the part behind. d'oh!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
ajwees41

from http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=444083

The TiVo features an electronic program guide (EPG) with 14-days of guide information from Tribune Media and Rovi. The guide is customizable, so one can remove any channels they do not want to see; filters and favorites are supported. Program information is downloaded nightly and saved to the hard drive. During setup, the user selects whether they want to use ethernet, wireless, or a phone line adapter for guide downloads; the user enters their zip code and selects whether they use an antenna, cable, or both. When cable or both is selected, the user is asked to pick their provider from a list.