TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Larry in TN

Time for new activation to become fully functional

Does anyone have any recent experience with how long it takes for a new activation to become fully functional? i.e. multi-room viewing, etc.

The new TiVo shows up on my account on the web site but under the future payment plan column it says, "We're still processing your activation. Try again in 24 hours."

On the DVR preferences page I have Video Sharing and "Video Downloads" enabled but the DVR doesn't seem to know about it yet. Attempts to MRV fail with an error message that the DVR must be on my account first and miscellaneous other video stuff isn't working yet. All the major features work and the DVR does know that it has lifetime service. I was also able to transfer season passes via the online season pass manager (though they're all scrambled on the priority).

I'm wondering if this will take hours, days, or a week?
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

It's been a few years since I activated a Tivo, but I think the Tivo will show that it is activated after the next time it calls home and MRV will be available shortly after (maybe the 2nd call home).
If you don't have full functionality within 24-36 hours, call TiVo and ask them "WTF is taking so long?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

24 to 72 hours for everything to settle in, some times faster, but occasionally it can take the 72
Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Larry in TN

Thanks...

It was interesting watching the season passes transfer. I moved 59 season passes over and they all showed up at once but it took some time for the box to work through them all and populate the to-do list. Some shows would be there while others weren't. I checked some season passes, of the ones that weren't in the to-do list yet, and they were all showing that there were no upcoming episodes. It must work it's way through the season pass list one-by-one searching the guide data for matching shows.

I was certainly glad the the online season pass manager worked for moving all of those over. So many of the shows in there don't have any episodes in the next two-weeks so it would have be real pain to do it manually.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Larry in TN

This morning everything was working so it took less than 24 hours. I just finished watching my first program via multi-room streaming. Very nice! I particularly like how i can delete shows from the other DVR.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
ShayL

I activated mine on Monday (June 18th) evening. It took 10 or so minutes. I forced connection 2 or 3 times before it went active. Then I had to force another connection before the guide data got populated.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Larry in TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
I activated mine on Monday (June 18th) evening. It took 10 or so minutes. I forced connection 2 or 3 times before it went active. Then I had to force another connection before the guide data got populated.
The lifetime subscription was active right away but video streaming (MRV/MRS) doesn't work until they finish processing the activation. In my case that took between 12 and 18 hours (overnight).
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #8
brian1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
I was certainly glad the the online season pass manager worked for moving all of those over. So many of the shows in there don't have any episodes in the next two-weeks so it would have be real pain to do it manually.
I used the online season pass manager to transfer about 115 from my Series 3 to my new Premiere Elite, and most of them copied over but it did not keep the order. They were all scrambled. Anyone know how to make them keep the right order?
brian1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
Larry in TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1269 View Post
They were all scrambled. Anyone know how to make them keep the right order?
Yep, mine were scrambled as well. Luckily, with the Elite's four tuners, getting it straightened out isn't urgent.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
brian1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
Yep, mine were scrambled as well. Luckily, with the Elite's four tuners, getting it straightened out isn't urgent.
True that! It's great isn't it?
brian1269 is offline   Reply With Quote