TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
bcampbe1974

XFinity (Forsyth, GA) channel line-up (lost a ton of channels)

We have XFinity from Forsyth, GA and in general have had a great experience with the service and the 3 TiVo machines that use it (1 series 2 with cable settop box, 1 series 3 with dual cable-card, 1 premier with dual cable-card). We just received a "channel line-up change" message and tivo dropped 20-30 HD channels from our line-up. The channels are there on the channel list and I can re-add them (they are working fine), but content won't download for them (meaning no TiVo'ing anything on them).

Called TiVo and they said that the Tribune Media Services database had been updated recently with those channels dropped. They said Comcast would have to re-update the national database before they could do anything. Called Comcast and the 800# support has no idea what to do and kept wanting to just forward me around the company. They have no idea who owns the responsibility for updating the database...

Anyone having or had this problem in the past? ...and what can I do to get my problem resolved???

Thanks in advance,
Brian
bcampbe1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Grey Griffin

Turning in the problem to Tivo is the best thing you could do. You can also go to zap2it and turn in a line-up change request. That website is owned by Tribune.

"I'd call you a genius but I'm in the room."
-The Doctor
Grey Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
lpwcomp

Just FYI, there's no such thing as a "dual cable card". Just s-cards (single stream) and m-cards (up to 6 streams). The original S3 TiVo needs 2 cards, either s or m type. The TiVo HD and HD XL need 2 s-cards or 1 m-card. The Premieres, even the XL/4, have only 1 slot so need an m-card.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
bcampbe1974

Thanks grey, just submitted a request to zap2it. Hopefully this gets resolved within the next few days.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
bwroberts

Same problem here. I thought maybe it would just take a day to refresh after adding back in the channels, but no luck. A chat with Jessica at Tivo says basically the same thing, "Your lineup was updated at your providers request." I've submitted a channel lineup issue, but it states it will take 5-7 business days to process. In the mean time, I guess it is back to old school recording. Pick a channel and time.
bwroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
bcampbe1974

Problem resolved. Just got my "you're lineup has changed" correction. Thanks again for the info...