TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
compnurd

MRS Issues with new Software

Anyone one having MRS Issues?

Several times while streaming now i have a new error pop up saying there was a problem streaming the program and to Try again. I click try again, it resumes for a good amount of time and the error pops up again...

have never really had MRS issues

anyone else?
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Test

Yes, same here
Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
innocentfreak

Are both TiVos running the same versions? They might have tweaked something that is causing conflicts. If not you might want to email Margret @ TiVo.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Quake97

Or, maybe, you could contact TiVo support.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Are both TiVos running the same versions? They might have tweaked something that is causing conflicts. If not you might want to email Margret @ TiVo.com
They both are. going to reboot both again then will email her
Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
compnurd

Running some tests with Margret Still having issues
Old 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Running some tests with Margret Still having issues
Have you checked the image quality of the source material? I've experienced an issue with MRS when my source had some pixelation/stuttering due to a signal cable issue on the source channel. The receiving TiVo Premiere saw the signal degradation as an MRS issue and gave an error similar to yours.

When I went back and viewed the source material I saw definite degradation and pixelation in the source program at the location where the receiving Premiere was declaring an MRS failure.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
compnurd

Good call but the source is fine i tried several videos... i have never seen this error before this update.... not sure if they changed the tolerance of the error
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
GoEagles

Ran into the same error, Error 68. Both devices are running 20.2.1.1. One device is Premiere and the other Premiere Elite.
GoEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Ran into the same error, Error 68. Both devices are running 20.2.1.1. One device is Premiere and the other Premiere Elite.
i sent them some logs. will let you know what they come back with
Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
moyekj

Is any part of your network between 2 MRS units wireless or non-ethernet? That's always suspect #1 when it comes to MRS issues.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Is any part of your network between 2 MRS units wireless or non-ethernet? That's always suspect #1 when it comes to MRS issues.
at the time of testing this error, No However i have never had wireless issues either when streaming
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
sharkster

MRS has been the same for me since the update. That said, however, every now and then when I am streaming btwn Tivos I will get an interruption (it implies loss of wireless connection) during a show/movie but when I click on 'try again' or 'play' I'm right back in.

I don't know why this happens as I have a good internet connection and I cannot even remember the last time I lost service. So I just figure it as a momentary glitch somewhere, probably outside of the Tivos or with the wireless adapter/s. It might happen every few times I am streaming or it might happen in 1 in 10. But it doesn't happen that often and I am always able to immediately get back to the program.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
MRS has been the same for me since the update. That said, however, every now and then when I am streaming btwn Tivos I will get an interruption (it implies loss of wireless connection) during a show/movie but when I click on 'try again' or 'play' I'm right back in.

I don't know why this happens as I have a good internet connection and I cannot even remember the last time I lost service. So I just figure it as a momentary glitch somewhere, probably outside of the Tivos or with the wireless adapter/s. It might happen every few times I am streaming or it might happen in 1 in 10. But it doesn't happen that often and I am always able to immediately get back to the program.
Right but i would rather get a few seconds of video shudder, compared to a message popping up every time
Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
sharkster

Yeah, good point, Compnurd. For me, it has happened so infrequently, and never more than one time during a given program, that it hasn't been too frustrating.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
jcole66

Streaming issues with 20.2.1.1 also

I'm having streaming issues with the 20.2.1.1 software update on my 2 TiVo Premieres as well.

When I attempt to stream between them, which worked perfectly before this update, I'm getting a paragraph error message stating that my 2 devices may not be on the same network (they are). When this first happened after the 20.2.1.1 update, I just rebooted both boxes and then was able to stream between them. About 5 hours later when attempting to stream a different show, I got the network error message again. Even tho streaming 'thinks' my 2 TiVo's are on different networks, I'm able to transfer shows between them without issue.
Hopefully this is something TiVo is looking into....
jcole66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole66 View Post
I'm having streaming issues with the 20.2.1.1 software update on my 2 TiVo Premieres as well.

When I attempt to stream between them, which worked perfectly before this update, I'm getting a paragraph error message stating that my 2 devices may not be on the same network (they are). When this first happened after the 20.2.1.1 update, I just rebooted both boxes and then was able to stream between them. About 5 hours later when attempting to stream a different show, I got the network error message again. Even tho streaming 'thinks' my 2 TiVo's are on different networks, I'm able to transfer shows between them without issue.
Hopefully this is something TiVo is looking into....
If you see a message questioning whether your two devices are on the same home network, please email me the TiVo Service Numbers of both boxes, and let me know how your network is configured. (Wired, wireless, MoCA) etc.
margret@tivo.com

Thanks!
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
jdmaxell

Same Problem here! Going to email Margret.
jdmaxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
sharkster

This is kind of funny that I just happened to be here, while I was streaming a show from my other Premiere and I suddenly got an interruption with the message -

Problem Playing Video
There is either a temporary problem with your home network, or the DVR BDRM may have been unplugged or restarted. (V68)
For more info, visit tivo.com/help/V68

So, since I just happened to be online too, I decided to go to that url to see what it had to say. Imagine my surprise when it was 'Page not found' on the Tivo site. ha!

As usual, I was able to get back to my show, but I thought I'd share that message while it was right in front of me in case it has any major meaning.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
h00ligan

Add me to the list. TiVo screwed the pooch.

Streaming...error.

Copy over same program....2x real time.

The network is fine, the TiVo is broken....again.

And...they will never ever fix their channel lineup....I'm getting sick of this. Cable dvr with Mrv, TiVo can kiss my butt goodbye.
h00ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #21
moyekj

All I can say is that with a wired network I use MRS every day between 2 Premieres and it has been flawless for me before and after this latest software update. Best feature added by TiVo in many, many years. MRS requires a stable network without temporary dropouts or high packet losses that can plague wireless networks.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #22
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
All I can say is that with a wired network I use MRS every day between 2 Premieres and it has been flawless for me before and after this latest software update. Best feature added by TiVo in many, many years. MRS requires a stable network without temporary dropouts or high packet losses that can plague wireless networks.
As stated in the thread, wired network with error
Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #23
aaronwt
HD Addict

I've not seen anything yet using Elite to Elite for MRS. But I've only used MRS for about six total hours since the update.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #24
h00ligan

I'm a 20 year vet of IT and for half of that a network engineer creating transcontinental LANs. Believe me when I tell you my LAN has no pl or dropouts. It easily triples tivos transfer capability. Steadily. I know because I monitor it.

Additionall let's just think Occam's Razor here. TiVo introduced streaming when a network was in place. It streamed easily. TiVo released a software update and that same day it started to fail to stream. Transfer throughput on non flagged content is maxed. People with wired networks have this issue.

It's obvious TiVo screwed it. Like they do every time they force feed their mandatory beta upgrades. Clearly they have an extremely limited beta pool either in expertise or size, perhaps both.

They constantly screw up...raise rates...then wonder why people say why bother.

Can anyone really recommend a TiVo premiere with cable card and tuning adaptor to a person who just wants to watch tv?

Oh and just for kicks they advertise to you on top of your monthly charges.

It's just shocking they still have a user base. When Mrv or central dvr hits all major cable....TiVo is going to be out of business. The only good thing they have is customer service.....service not support. Support people are never told anything but they sure are nice.
h00ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #25
aaronwt
HD Addict

Most people aren't having an issue are they? I have not seen any issues yet using MRS on my gigabit network. If TiVo screwed it I would think most people woul be having this issue. Not just a handful.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Most people aren't having an issue are they? I have not seen any issues yet using MRS on my gigabit network. If TiVo screwed it I would think most people woul be having this issue. Not just a handful.
There is something still changed here as i never saw this error before the update. Either they changed the level of tolerance for this error or it is new
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #27
cherry ghost

I've only had it happen once and that was while transferring and streaming at the same time. It streamed properly on the third try.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #28
randyb359

I have seen it a couple time. It always resumes play right away so I find it only slightly annoying.
randyb359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #29
moyekj

I haven't seen the error yet (fingers crossed) and I use MRS for at least 2 hours per day during the week and more during the weekend.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
WeBoat

1 Premiere and 2 Elite's. Mostly wired network with 1 on new 500mbs Powerline. One of the units keeps disappearing from the available MRS list. On reboot it shows back up for 2 or 3 days and disappears again. Streaming works great though. Love it when the devices are there.
WeBoat is offline   Reply With Quote