TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
dadrepus

Go get Plex for Tivo

Why don't you people go talk the the developers for Plex and get them to build a Plex Client for their server software. If you did then you would have not only the ability to seamlessly display all the content one has saved on a computer or NAS but also all the channels they offer as well (and side-stepping many of the license problems with direct apps, such as hulu), since they are actually being accesses through a computer and not the TV or Tivo.

I really want this. No developer at Plex has picked up the idea because of the cost factor of purchasing a tivo and license. Maybe you can give them the stuff they need and allow them to SELL their app for a small fee. They get $5 for their appletv app and it is great.

I really want just 1 box I can display all my media with (and 1 remote) please!
dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
macrho

Hear! Hear!
macrho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
johnner

yes this is really a must. there is a thread on the plex forums about users willing to help fund the programming of this, see here: forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/38085-tivo-opens-up-sdk/page__gopid__261422#entry261422 sign up there and lets get people on board to get it done.
johnner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
dadrepus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnner View Post
yes this is really a must. there is a thread on the plex forums about users willing to help fund the programming of this, see here: forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/38085-tivo-opens-up-sdk/page__gopid__261422#entry261422 sign up there and lets get people on board to get it done.
Yes, I started that thread as well.
dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
ebf

What happened to this: http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/TiVo The download link is broken.
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf
What happened to this: http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/TiVo The download link is broken.
Maybe it's on the app store like the page says or maybe not. I don't see it in the appstore either.

Last edited by magnus : 06-03-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: not in appstore
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote