TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel
 
Johnny Dancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Detroit
Posts: 688
The Killing - Donnie or Marie S02E12 6/10/12

I am not sure how they can wrap up even a small portion of the loose ends so my guess is we don't find out who the Killer is next week.

The AMC SUSPECT TRACKER SWEEPSTAKES continues on a week after the final episode next week.

Could be a red herring or data entry error

If there is a surprise person we see going to the meeting on the 10 floor it will be one of these two:

Terry (the aunt)
Rick (ex-fiance)

Can't think of anyone else since I forgot more than I remember about the case. I love the show but I wish they would have kept it to a murder a season just so I could remember all the details.
__________________
1%er...
Johnny Dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
I am not sure how they can wrap up even a small portion of the loose ends so my guess is we don't find out who the Killer is next week.

The AMC SUSPECT TRACKER SWEEPSTAKES continues on a week after the final episode next week.

Could be a red herring or data entry error

If there is a surprise person we see going to the meeting on the 10 floor it will be one of these two:

Terry (the aunt)
Rick (ex-fiance)

Can't think of anyone else since I forgot more than I remember about the case. I love the show but I wish they would have kept it to a murder a season just so I could remember all the details.


I'm pretty sure we'll find out the killer next week. They said as much. I agree with you about it being another person though. Why would Rosie seeing those people cause one of them to kill her? Unless she saw something far worse than a meeting.

Last edited by fliptheflop : 06-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize
 
bryhamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis area
Posts: 2,224
Yeah, the way this past show ended with Jaime getting on the elevator makes me think it is not really him.
__________________
I just want bryhamm on top -- dthmj

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
curt222
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 18
After the first season I swore I would never watch this show again. But I forgot to delete the season pass and after I watched the first episode of season 2 I decided to give it another try. I am fairly certain, however, that I will give up for good on this show after next week. There is no payoff. It is the same thing over and over. Someone becomes a suspect, it looks like he did it, than they throw you a curve ball. I almost don't even care who they said did it at this point. My gut is they are going to tell us who did it next episode, but they won't give us any resolution on that. And for all I know, they'll just give that person an out at the start of season 3. This show had a lot of potential, but right now its back to where I was at the end of season 1, which is very frustrating.
curt222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
ADG
Allan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,878
At the end of last season the producer GUARANTEED that the killer will be revealed by the end of this season.
__________________
Allan
Forum Admin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,695
I think he's been revealed, and all that's left is the why and the capture.

It's hard to tell with such an...unstructured show, but that's my hunch.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
The killer is Gwen's father.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I think he's been revealed, and all that's left is the why and the capture.
Are you saying it is Jamie?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 299
Oh well, what the hell, I'll take a swing at this......the killer(s) is both Jamie and Gwen....one did the deed (knocking her out), while the other made sure she was dead by driving the car into Puget Sound (or an inlet thereof), and the two of them worked together to cover it up....
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel
 
Johnny Dancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Detroit
Posts: 688
If it was a single killer, Aunt Terry would make sense since Rosie may have seen something related to Ames (or did something with) and Terry ended up killing her to hang on to her dream man.

One person I am 90% sure that did not do it is Jamie. So you take Jamie out of the equation, who is left? Maybe Gwen, but her going out of her way and playing hardball to get the cops the warrant to the 10th floor does not add up. Anyone else would be so far out of left field, I don't see how they could connect the dots in 45 minutes unless they leave some of that for next Season as they move on to the next Killing.
__________________
1%er...
Johnny Dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
I just don't see why Jamie would kill her for seeing a meeting. Or for that matter any of them. I'm way more interested in why than who.
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
Help me out here; who was the old dude at the end with Richmond and Jamie? Gwen's father?

EDIT: I found one place that speculates he is Ted Wright, the maybe/maybe not amputee whose inspirational story, as related by Jaime, convinced the then-hospital bed bound candidate to remain in the race.

EDIT #2: ...and some interesting speculation on the killer at the bottom of this page...

Last edited by Bierboy : 06-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Help me out here; who was the old dude at the end with Richmond and Jamie? Gwen's father?
No. Gwen's father is the senator. The old guy must be the man Jamie told Richmond about as an inspirational story.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
CraigK
(unspecified)
 
CraigK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North of Seattle
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2margaret View Post
...one did the deed (knocking her out), while the other made sure she was dead by driving the car into Puget Sound (or an inlet thereof), ....
Nitpick: It was a lake in Discovery Park not in Puget Sound.

Nitpick II: There is no lake in the real Discovery Park.
__________________
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em!"
CraigK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
curt222
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 18
If this show has proven anything it is that the writers don't care about continuity. But wasn't the very first scene in this show Rosie running through the woods and scared? So if they cared about the viewer, which I am pretty sure they don't, they'd need to come back to that scene. Not sure how Terry, Gwen, the senator, or even Jaime fit into what they showed us at the very beginning.
curt222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
sieglinde
Registered User
 
sieglinde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sebastopol, CA
Posts: 5,370
I am more interested in motive. Sounds like the girl was working at the casino and not necessarily as a hooker. Even if she was, this does not seem to be a sexually motivated murder. She must have seen something.
__________________
Science over Superstition
sieglinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I am more interested in motive. Sounds like the girl was working at the casino and not necessarily as a hooker. Even if she was, this does not seem to be a sexually motivated murder. She must have seen something.

Agreed. Did they ever check to see who's blood was on the card? Perhaps she saw something like someone else getting murdered.
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptheflop View Post
Agreed. Did they ever check to see who's blood was on the card? Perhaps she saw something like someone else getting murdered.
That would be out of left field.

I thought it was reasonably well-established that Rosie saw and/or heard a meeting that got her killed. Who exactly was in the meeting (and what was discussed) is vague, but it would be a good guess it was the people we just saw on the elevator surveillance tape. In which case it was probably a backroom deal, probably involving the Richmond campaign, the Indian reservation, and Ames.

Last edited by john4200 : 06-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
That would be out of left field.

I thought it was reasonably well-established that Rosie saw and/or heard a meeting that got her killed. Who exactly was in the meeting (and what was discussed) is vague, but it would be a good guess it was the people we just saw on the elevator surveillance tape. In which case it was probably a backroom deal, probably involving the Richmond campaign, the Indian reservation, and Ames.
Yes it would, I agree. But there has to have been more done or said to have killed Rosie over. At least I would hope so.
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #20
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptheflop View Post
Yes it would, I agree. But there has to have been more done or said to have killed Rosie over. At least I would hope so.
Bad assumption. Jackson and crew nearly killed Holder for knowing much less. Jackson or Ames could easily kill Rosie for witnessing their backroom deal. I'm not sure about Jamie, it does not seem like he would kill her. But the others, definitely.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
fliptheflop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Bad assumption. Jackson and crew nearly killed Holder for knowing much less. Jackson or Ames could easily kill Rosie for witnessing their backroom deal. I'm not sure about Jamie, it does not seem like he would kill her. But the others, definitely.
Holder was a message sent to Linden also...not just what he knew
fliptheflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptheflop View Post
Holder was a message sent to Linden also...not just what he knew
Nevertheless, it shows that Jackson is capable of nearly killing someone for very little reason. Of the three from the elevator, I think it is beyond a doubt that Jackson would be capable of killing Rosie. I think it is very likely that Michael Ames would do it (or have someone do it for him) -- his character is not well developed, but from what others have said about him, he seems like a ruthless guy. Jamie is the only one that seems to me not capable of killing Rosie. I suppose they could introduce some new twist that could make him seem more ruthless, but that would be a bit of a cheat.

Linden did speculate that there was more than one killer. Maybe Jamie was taking Rosie somewhere (not intending to kill her) when she ran away. Then perhaps someone else chased her through the woods and eventually caught and killed her (but the Richmond campaign car Rosie was drowned in complicates that line of thought).

Last edited by john4200 : 06-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #23
sieglinde
Registered User
 
sieglinde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sebastopol, CA
Posts: 5,370
I just hope they nail Jackson. She is stealing from the tribe and is a ruthless jack hole.
__________________
Science over Superstition
sieglinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #24
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
No. Gwen's father is the senator. The old guy must be the man Jamie told Richmond about as an inspirational story.
Wiki, in its recap, says the old man is Jamie's grandfather.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
stellie93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Wiki, in its recap, says the old man is Jamie's grandfather.
That was what I thought since they were joking about him living with him. But then I thought the apartment looked way too shabby to be Jamie's.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
mostman
Registered User
 
mostman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
That was what I thought since they were joking about him living with him. But then I thought the apartment looked way too shabby to be Jamie's.
My guess is that there is a lot we don't know about Jamie.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
DLiquid
Progressive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,388
I found this show on Netflix a few weeks ago, and now I'm totally caught up. I enjoy it a lot, though I wish they would do one case per season. I think the Larson case has dragged on too much. It was funny to read the threads here for season one after I had already watched it. Everyone was so sure things would be wrapped up at the end of the season, I couldn't wait to see the responses to the finale .

Holder is a good character, and the actor does a great job. I find Linden to be pretty annoying, especially as the series has progressed. I wish they would make her more likeable. Toward the beginning of the series, I was really rooting for her, but now I just tend to roll my eyes at her strange actions and behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
My guess is that there is a lot we don't know about Jamie.
Agreed. I'd almost expect that Jamie's room in that house is a shrine to Richmond, with pictures of him plastered on the walls, indicating Jamie was obsessed with the man. The thing is, they already kind of did that with the Larson family friend who shot himself, so it would be kind of strange to do it again.

The red herring formula for this show would indicate that Jamie is not the killer, but there's a lot of evidence linking him: campaign car, elevator camera, bloody card. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.
DLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #28
smak
TV MA SLV
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NoHo, CA USA
Posts: 16,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid View Post
I found this show on Netflix a few weeks ago, and now I'm totally caught up. I enjoy it a lot, though I wish they would do one case per season.
The problem is it'd be weird for there to be another big case right after this case assigned to the same people.

So they'd have to change cities, and as we've seen in shoes like Heroes and Glee, even though thery may plan to recycle the cast, they come in with good ratings, and nobody wants to change anything.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #29
DLiquid
Progressive User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
The problem is it'd be weird for there to be another big case right after this case assigned to the same people.

So they'd have to change cities, and as we've seen in shoes like Heroes and Glee, even though thery may plan to recycle the cast, they come in with good ratings, and nobody wants to change anything.

-smak-
The next case will be in season three. They can easily say that it's been a while since the Larsen case was solved, in which case it wouldn't be right after. Anyway, it's a TV show, who cares if them getting the next big case isn't realistic?
DLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,356
TC CLUB MEMBER
More realistic to me (a total layman and not involved in law enforcement) would be that they have several cases they are working on at relatively the same time. Not that they would need to be showing them working on more than one case, but it seems to me detectives probably don't only work exclusively on one case from start to finish - especially something that drags out over weeks.

I also didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, so I could be totally off base here.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |