TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #31
tlc

What was burying them about? We've seen people turned before haven't we? I don't recall any burying. If it was about daylight, Sookie's house would still have the super cellar.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
vertigo235

Jessica was buried with bill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #33
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

They do seem pretty consistent that TB vampires need to be buried with their maker in order for it to take.

I guess maybe you're right about Pam trying to kill Sookie being what she's sorry for. That would work a lot better given Pam's demeanor. I cannot keep all the action straight--maybe I'll save the last couple of episodes of this season to watch just before next season starts. I do wonder how Russell got out then... hm...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #34
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
+1
I was pissed off that Tara was only just merely dead and not really most sincerely dead. But then I realized that as a vamp, she might not be the huge bunt that she's been for the whole series.
Whoa! I don't get the extreme "Tara hate". There is no regular on TB that gets me that riled up.

She was comic relief in two Seasons:
S1 - loyal (to a fault) friend of Sookie, panting after skanky Jason but "not boyfriend material" to Sam, bantering with cousin La La and her crazy mom.
S3 - kidnapped by a psycho-vamp and kicking Bill off of that truck into the sun.

(She was "meh" in most of S2 & S3 though.)
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I don't remember why the Authority wants to kill Bill (ha ha) and Eric. Can someone remind me?

also, I liked this line "I'm a gay Vampire-American"
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
getreal
postcrastinator

Glad I watched the last episode of last season immediately before this episode. I had forgotten most of what had transpired.

Sadly, this show doesn't glamour me as it once did.

Jessica, however, is a stand-out character. And I always liked Pam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getreal : 06-14-2012 at 05:57 AM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I don't remember why the Authority wants to kill Bill (ha ha) and Eric. Can someone remind me?
Yes! Why does the Authority want to kill Bill and Eric. I thought Bill was a pretty good king, certainly better than the provious one (which was Russell, wasn't it?). And although Eric wasn't a very good sheriff, that shouldn't be enough reason to get the "True Death."

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #38
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Yes! Why does the Authority want to kill Bill and Eric. I thought Bill was a pretty good king, certainly better than the provious one (which was Russell, wasn't it?). And although Eric wasn't a very good sheriff, that shouldn't be enough reason to get the "True Death."

Gerry
I think Russell was the king of another state. The queen of Louisiana was that girl who was dealing in vampire blood on the side (Eric worked for her on that). Bill took over for her.

But please, someone remind us why bill and Eric are in trouble!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I don't think the Authority necessarily wants to kill Eric and Bill. There were two times in this episode when it would have been trivial to kill them, but instead they were captured both times.

That said, I don't know why the Authority wants them in captivity so badly.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #40
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I don't think the Authority necessarily wants to kill Eric and Bill. There were two times in this episode when it would have been trivial to kill them, but instead they were captured both times.

That said, I don't know why the Authority wants them in captivity so badly.
That PR vampire in charge told Bill that she was to give him true death. So Bill killed her (that is who Eric was cleaning). It seems the Authority wants it to be long and painful, not just a quick death.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #41
stellie93

Eric's sister was supposed to have them killed, wasn't she? How else could she get away with letting them disappear?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #42
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Eric's sister was supposed to have them killed, wasn't she? How else could she get away with letting them disappear?
Yes. She even told her bosses over the phone that both were dead.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #43
pmyers

Didn't Bill and Eric go against the "Authority's" wishes by going after the witch?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #44
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Didn't Bill and Eric go against the "Authority's" wishes by going after the witch?
So what? The witch was killed, the general populace knew nothing about the battle. If that's the only issue, a successful result like that hardly seems to warrant regicide...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
So what? The witch was killed, the general populace knew nothing about the battle. If that's the only issue, a successful result like that hardly seems to warrant regicide...
LOL...regicide? you forgot Sherifcide!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

I'd never seen the show before.

I didn't hate it, but I'm confused. Is it supposed to be goofy?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #47
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I'd never seen the show before.

I didn't hate it, but I'm confused. Is it supposed to be goofy?
Yes it is.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #48
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
Yes it is.
That helps a lot.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #49
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
That helps a lot.
Yeah if you watch the show thinking it is taking its self seriously as a vampire drama then you will be dissapointed.

True Blood is to Dracula as Alf is to Alien.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #50
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I agree Pam is the best her lines about "wearing a wal-mart sweater" and "dirt my bra" were perfectly delivered.
Pam is th Sue Sylvester of Bon Temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I thought the "henchmen" last episode were human, while this episode they were vampires.
You are thinking of Bill's security force. They were human and they worked for him. These vampires are employees of The Authority.

I guess they gave up on the part about Jessica's hymen growing back after every time she has sex, making sex painful every time.

The title of this episode is Turn! Turn! Turn!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #51
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
LOL...regicide? you forgot Sherifcide!
No, I could imagine them killing an area Sheriff just to send the message that people can't ignore the Authority's...um...authority, but it just seems strange for them to be willing to kill a king/queen for the same reason.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #52
Gerryex

Quote:
I think Russell was the king of another state. The queen of Louisiana was that girl who was dealing in vampire blood on the side (Eric worked for her on that). Bill took over for her.
Yes, you're right!

Quote:
But please, someone remind us why bill and Eric are in trouble!
Please!

Quote:
That PR vampire in charge told Bill that she was to give him true death. So Bill killed her (that is who Eric was cleaning). It seems the Authority wants it to be long and painful, not just a quick death.
Yes, she was very specific that she was ordered by the Authority to administer the True Death to both Bill and Eric. She wasn't too clear though as to why she didn't do it.

Eric's "sister" was ordered to bring them to the Authority so I don't think she was to give them the True Death, but certainly they both are on the SUPER S**T-LIST of the Authority. But again, WHY?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #53
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
You are thinking of Bill's security force.
No, I was thinking of the three Authority henchmen that Nan brought with her, which Eric beheaded just before Bill staked Nan. They were clearly human, since they did not "burst" like vampires when they died.

Last edited by john4200 : 06-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #54
john4200

Quote:
Yes, she was very specific that she was ordered by the Authority to administer the True Death to both Bill and Eric. She wasn't too clear though as to why she didn't do it.
I thought she was fairly clear. She thought the Authority would kill her next, and besides, she wanted in on some fairy action.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
I really didn't like this episode. They left way too many questions at the end of last season and then added even more plot lines this episode. It just seemed like way too much and nothing seemed to be connected. It was like watching 5 different shows at the same time.
The questions they left at the end of last season were the cliffhangers, which were all resumed a minute later, so those stories are all ongoing...

Quote:
I fell on the floor laughing when she said the Wal-mart line, which was a Wal-mart sweat suit, I believe. At first I didn't like the Pam character, but now I agree with some other comments and she is one of my favorites!
Best Pam line ever was when she flies into the house, looks at the total carnage in the kitchen and says "color me impressed, you guys know how to party..." hilarious. Her delivery was spot-on.

Quote:
I liked the episode quite a bit even though there are multiple plot lines. I'm usually not into vampire stories but this show has been and still is one of my favorites. The only season that I wasn't too crazy about (but still liked) was the one with Ensign Ro, I mean Michelle Forbes.
I'm the same way--I don't like vampire stories (Buffy excluded) and I don't like the corny romance angle of the show, but there enough redeeming qualities that I stick with it...

As for the amount of story lines, that's actually what I like about it--everything is separate in the first couple of episodes and as the season goes on all the stories start to blend more and more and then usually by the last couple everything is tied in--it's one of my favorite things about the show. As a writer I love that aspect, this is one of the most heavily serialized shows out there. The first three seasons took place over less than a month.

Quote:
I just watched the episode before the premiere (which is good because I didn't remember any of it)... Nan says in her last scene that she was fired from the Authority and her last duty was supposed to be to kill them both. She doesn't because she knows she'd be next, so instead tells them there is a mutiny brewing and tries to get them on board since they're all dead anyway. She uses her knowledge of Sookie's powers to entice them but it backfires and they kill her, and the show loses one of it's best comedic resources.

As for why the authority wants to Kill Bill, I'm pretty sure it's because of the Marnie situation getting so out of control... he let a necromancer nearly bring down the entire species and it happened on his watch. I don't remember enough about last season though, if something specific happened. But Nan did mention in that scene that they were F'ed for letting the witch situation get so bad.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
And can someone remind me: Why didn't Bill/Eric kill Russell?
Exactly... I'm usually pretty content with the direction things go in from a writing standpoint but that was easily the dumbest move they made to date. Not killing Russell was so dumbfoundingly stupid that it kills any credibility this upcoming story line has...

There was no reason for them to not kill him other than the fact that the writers wanted to bring him back later, that's really it. It's just poor writing. I hope they don't spend a ton of time on it this season because to me, anything to do with it doesn't have any resonance... WORST CASE scenario for him would be a hundred years, maybe 200 TOPS, and then he'd get out and have 200 years of laser-focused rage aimed right at you. Dumb.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #57
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I guess they gave up on the part about Jessica's hymen growing back after every time she has sex, making sex painful every time.
I'm sure it still happens. She's just gotten over it. Vamps like pain.

The main drama over that was when it first happened, not so much for the inconvenience factor, as the additional reminder of her being "different". Like most things for young girls that ultimately turn out to be trivial, at first they seem like the ned of the world.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #58
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

This was one of the least enjoyable episodes for me, only redeemed by Jessica. She got an out loud "Holy Schitt" from me which balanced Mrs. S.'s droolfest whenever Eric is on the screen. Smokin!

Pam had great lines too, but she looks a mess, even when not dressed in Walmart sweats.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #59
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I was really lost during this episode as I remembered nothing that happened last season. I had to watch the first episode off HBO GO and it didn't have the "previously on" thing.

I thought the episode was good enough. I haven't loved this show since the first season or two, but it is better than a lot of stuff on TV.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #60
Amnesia
The Question

Yeah, my TiVo recorded S04E10 for me and then I watched S04E11 OnDemand and strangely enough, S04E12 was only available in SD OnDemand (but I watched it that way anyway).

I think I would have been a bit lost without rewatching that stuff...