TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Beryl

Pam is my favorite character of the show followed by LaLa.

So Pam makes Tara a vampire.... This is going to be a hot mess.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

They're certainly starting us out with a lot of plot lines. I suspect vampire Tara isn't going to be a pleasant person.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Rickvz
TiVoholic

I'm not sure vampire Tara is going to be all there. Half of her brain was blown away. I have to wonder
Spoiler:
if Tara will be a bit like Bubba in the books.

Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickvz View Post
I'm not sure vampire Tara is going to be all there. Half of her brain was blown away. I have to wonder
That actually might make her less annoying.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
dimented
Comfortably Numb

I really didn't like this episode. They left way too many questions at the end of last season and then added even more plot lines this episode. It just seemed like way too much and nothing seemed to be connected. It was like watching 5 different shows at the same time.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
mwhip
All better

I agree Pam is the best her lines about "wearing a wal-mart sweater" and "dirt my bra" were perfectly delivered.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
I really didn't like this episode. They left way too many questions at the end of last season and then added even more plot lines this episode. It just seemed like way too much and nothing seemed to be connected. It was like watching 5 different shows at the same time.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can hardly believe I'm saying this given how much I loved this show in the past, but it's on the bubble in our house. My wife and I both had real trouble staying interested last season and were hoping to be pulled back in this time around, but if last night was any indication, things aren't looking too good.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can hardly believe I'm saying this given how much I loved this show in the past, but it's on the bubble in our house. My wife and I both had real trouble staying interested last season and were hoping to be pulled back in this time around, but if last night was any indication, things aren't looking too good.
I wouldn't say it is on the bubble in our house as it is summer tv and there isn't a lot on, but I was expecting a lot more from it.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
I agree but last season with the witch storyline sucked. This year from what I have read the storylines seem much better. It is summer and there is not much else on, I can give this an hour a week.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I agree but last season with the witch storyline sucked. This year from what I have read the storylines seem much better....
I hope this is true, but neither of us was feeling it last night. We'll give it another episode or two to see how it goes.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'm surprised that there are so few posts. I thought this was an excellent start to the season. I agree that last season was bad but I am totally excited with this direction.

And, Jesus, Jessica is so fraking hot!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
danterner
Not it!

In TB, do you still have to be alive in order to be turned? I thought it was pretty clear that Tara was fully dead, with half the back of her head blown off. She was just mostly dead, enabling her to be made undead?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I agree Pam is the best her lines about "wearing a wal-mart sweater" and "dirt my bra" were perfectly delivered.
I fell on the floor laughing when she said the Wal-mart line, which was a Wal-mart sweat suit, I believe. At first I didn't like the Pam character, but now I agree with some other comments and she is one of my favorites!

I liked the episode quite a bit even though there are multiple plot lines. I'm usually not into vampire stories but this show has been and still is one of my favorites. The only season that I wasn't too crazy about (but still liked) was the one with Ensign Ro, I mean Michelle Forbes.

Gerry
Gerryex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I'm surprised that there are so few posts. I thought this was an excellent start to the season. I agree that last season was bad but I am totally excited with this direction.
I agree!!

Quote:
I AGREE!!!!!
Gerryex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

The authority henchmen went from completely useless to unbelievably bad-ass since last episode...???
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
Rcam10
Whatever

I liked it, and at least didn't find it boring. They do have a lot of plot lines and not sure why that's needed in True Blood, but I assume during the season they will work it out. I like it much better than last years first show.

Pam's WallMart sweatsuit - Funny.
Bill and Eric on the run. Eric having had enough of Sookie's rejection is realistic behavior for him. He's no longer the 'spelled' amnesic who is dependent on her. He's back to his old self, and he's more concerned with his and Bill's escape than Sookie's fear. That is totally in character for him. Bill, also in character, runs to her aid, and then both being caught by the Authority.

Then we had them breaking the gas tank together and causing the explosion. Eric refusing to leave Bill was a surprise, but one I appreciated. It signals that Eric no longer sees Bill as his rival - which he is not, since Eric is done with Sookie.
Of course, that will probably change in the future, but for now he and Bill need to work together, and seem to actually have some loyalty to each other.

I liked that there was not so much of Sookie (she gets on my nerves in season 4), and also she gets some other aspect rather than being object of desire of 2 dead guys.

I've heard this was suppose to be the year of Pam, and I do look forward to that. She's hilarious, she says all the things everyone wants to.

Since this is the last year Alan Ball will be involved who knows what direction another season might go. Just hope its not another teen age vamp/were, (were panther)/ witch shifter mess like *gasp*Twilight..
Rcam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
The authority henchmen went from completely useless to unbelievably bad-ass since last episode...???
I thought the "henchmen" last episode were human, while this episode they were vampires.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I thought the "henchmen" last episode were human, while this episode they were vampires.
Yeah I believe you are correct. Big change in < 1 hour.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
vertigo235

Maybe that is their Elite Henchman force.

vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

In any case it makes a lot more sense for them to be vampires than slow-as-mud humans.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcam10
Eric having had enough of Sookie's rejection is realistic behavior for him. He's no longer the 'spelled' amnesic who is dependent on her. He's back to his old self, and he's more concerned with his and Bill's escape than Sookie's fear. That is totally in character for him.
So this. Last season made me sick of most of the characters.

Eric, the 'tall drink of water' who can fill up my screen, is best when he is downright evil. 'Off the wall horny Tara' is better than 'Melancholy lesbian Tara' so making her a brain damaged vampire is intriguing -- especially since she loathed vampires.

I'm still chuckling over Pam's comment about Sookie's magical 'nether region.'

There must be something about the Stackhouse genitalia..... (shaking my head)
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
mwhip
All better

All I know is I hate Tara and was really hoping she would be gone for good.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 06-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Eric cleaning and vacuuming while Bill leaves a voice mail was a pretty funny scene.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
IMO, Rutina Wesley isn't good enough an actress to pull that off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
They're certainly starting us out with a lot of plot lines.
The one I was surprised that they didn't follow up on was the Andy-slept-with-a-fairy one. Did they even mention it in the "previously on" bit?

And can someone remind me: Why didn't Bill/Eric kill Russell?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Wasn't it just that they wanted to torture him by leaving him chained in silver forever?

Here's the thing I didn't like. So, Pam goes to Sookie's house to ask Sookie to tell Eric, when she sees him next, that she (Pam) is sorry. For what? I would guess it's because Pam is the one who released Russell... no? She's the only one besides Alcide, Eric, and Bill who knew where he was and it's obvious the other three didn't release him.

So, Pam wants to protect Eric (?) but instead of that she agrees to spend the entire night in the dirt, for fairly little incentive: Sookie's magic hoo-hoo is a lot less potent since Eric woke up and Sookie kicked Eric and Bill to the curb.

I agree the scene was funny and brainless vampire Tara could be good for some fun. I just think there was some serious hand-waving there to get it all set up.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #26
Amnesia
The Question

I can't believe that Pam let Russell out. I don't care how pissed she was with Eric---Russell would kill Eric, Pam and everyone else who had a part in his imprisonment and the death of his boy-toy.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I seem to recall that Eric is mad at Pam because she fired an RPG at Sookie towards the end of last season. There's no way she released Russell.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #28
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I seem to recall that Eric is mad at Pam because she fired an RPG at Sookie towards the end of last season.
That would do it.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
+1

I was pissed off that Tara was only just merely dead and not really most sincerely dead. But then I realized that as a vamp, she might not be the huge bunt that she's been for the whole series.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote