TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
kk7cu

Tivo Premiere Not compatable with Optimum West

Starting in June I tried to add a Tivo Premiere in addition to my 8 year old Series 2. After 5 tech visits, 8 cable cards, and 2 Tivo Premiers the Premiere got sent back to Tivo. The techs were also telling me about other people on their system that had more that 20 cable cards tried with no success. They say that no Series 4 Tivos have ever worked on Optimum West (Formerly Bresnan). I purchased a Tivo HD (series 3) off Ebay, and the first cable card tried worked perfectly the first time. Anyone else had similar problems with a Tivo Premier on their network?
kk7cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
bcronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk7cu View Post
Starting in June I tried to add a Tivo Premiere in addition to my 8 year old Series 2. After 5 tech visits, 8 cable cards, and 2 Tivo Premiers the Premiere got sent back to Tivo. The techs were also telling me about other people on their system that had more that 20 cable cards tried with no success. They say that no Series 4 Tivos have ever worked on Optimum West (Formerly Bresnan). I purchased a Tivo HD (series 3) off Ebay, and the first cable card tried worked perfectly the first time. Anyone else had similar problems with a Tivo Premier on their network?
You're using M-cards, yes? Silly question but I had to ask ...
--
bc
bcronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
LI-SVT

Did they use a tuning adaptor? Here in NY the tuning adaptors don't work well with the series 4. They work better with the series 3.
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
kk7cu

They are Motorola M cards, and I have two Tivo HDs working with them now. There is no tuning adapter on Optimum West. The cards just refuse to authorize on the Tivo Premiere.

Auth = MP
kk7cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
danjw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk7cu View Post
They are Motorola M cards, and I have two Tivo HDs working with them now. There is no tuning adapter on Optimum West. The cards just refuse to authorize on the Tivo Premiere.

Auth = MP
File a complaint with the FCC. That is likely the only way they will get around to fixing it.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
ShellKing

Has this been resolved? I have Optimum as my cable company and was thinking of buying a Tivo Premiere to use with an M card. I currently have an HD Tivo with a cable card and it works fine.
ShellKing is offline   Reply With Quote