TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
jay_winter
P4+PXL4+Mini+FIOS

Amazon HD Download Lockup and Restart - S3

I have been experiencing a recurring theme in that after purchasing a movie for download from Amazon (usually I select HD) through the TiVo UI, TiVo locks up and becomes totally unresponsive to the remote after just a few minutes. The only way to resolve the problem has been to restart the TiVo.

Today, I purchased another HD movie from Amazon, and after a couple of minutes TiVo displayed the reboot screen with all front panel lights on.
Shortly thereafter, TiVo displayed a "green screen of death" instructing me that it had encountered a serious problem and was attempting to fix it, and that I dare not remove power for the next three hours!

Has anybody else had this experience??

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
bjreed

I've the same problem

Just happened for the second time. The first time I unplugged it expecting that the download would pick up where it left off. But it did not and I ended up paying for the movie twice.

Now I'm just sitting here looking at a frozen screen. I've waited 15 minutes already. The blue light is on, the tivo flashes the light when I press a remote button, but nothing happens....
bjreed is offline   Reply With Quote