TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
stlarenas

Season pass shows not added to ToDo list

Recently my tivo hasn't been recording my season passes (some of which I've had recording for years)

When I go to the show in the season pass manager it shows the upcoming shows listed but not set to record. There are no keep until I delete or priority conflicts.

If I click into each upcoming episode I can manually force it to record, and it adds it to the to do list with no problem (no conflict note or anything) But it only fixes it for that episode... Next week or as new episodes are added the problem is back

I have this problem with EVERY SINGLE season pass I have.

What happened? My tivo is nearly useless now.

Please help.
stlarenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
mattack

Have you checked the Recording History? Top item of To Do list.

Also, unfortunately, try rebooting the TiVo. While Tivos are generally more reliable than a full fledged computer, sometimes a reboot helps.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
stlarenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Have you checked the Recording History? Top item of To Do list.

Also, unfortunately, try rebooting the TiVo. While Tivos are generally more reliable than a full fledged computer, sometimes a reboot helps.
My recording history is practically empty. The season pass shows don't show up there either.

In the season pass manager, upcoming shows, and then each episode description is says "this show will not be recorded" but I have no idea why. Because like I said I can force it to record without any issue or conflict.

I will try a reboot, but I am sure I tried that a few weeks ago with not success.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
innocentfreak

Is it possible the season pass is for a wrong channel? You would still see episodes under view upcoming since it shows all channels.

If it is the correct channel, you might want to recreate the season passes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
stlarenas

I just noticed that TiVo suggestions aren't recording either...even though I now, and have always, had them turned on.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
innocentfreak

I would definitely reboot then and worst case repeat guided setup.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
stlarenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I would definitely reboot then and worst case repeat guided setup.
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will try a reboot again. But the baseball game is on right now...so it will have to wait
Old 10-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Is it possible the season pass is for a wrong channel? You would still see episodes under view upcoming since it shows all channels.

If it is the correct channel, you might want to recreate the season passes.
Is there even channel number listed for the SP (not just the station name/call letters, but the numeric channel number)?

I've heard of oddball situations where a bad channel update "divorces" a season pass from the channel; (which causes the channel number to disappear from the SP and for it to no longer work).

Also, when you bring up an episode through "Upcoming Episodes" does it still give the option to modify the season pass? Or does it offer to let you set a season pass? (The later would be another indication that the SP is no longer linked to that channel and those episodes)

Before redoing all of guided set-up you might try (or maybe you already did) if a brand new season pass worked. (If so maybe this glitch was a one time thing that broke your existing SPs; rather than an ongoing issue even with new SPs.)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
alarson83

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlarenas View Post
Recently my tivo hasn't been recording my season passes (some of which I've had recording for years)

When I go to the show in the season pass manager it shows the upcoming shows listed but not set to record. There are no keep until I delete or priority conflicts.

If I click into each upcoming episode I can manually force it to record, and it adds it to the to do list with no problem (no conflict note or anything) But it only fixes it for that episode... Next week or as new episodes are added the problem is back

I have this problem with EVERY SINGLE season pass I have.

What happened? My tivo is nearly useless now.

Please help.
I dont know if we had the same issue, but awhile back i went into my season pass manager and found that all of my season passes had been changed to be o different channel (98, iirc). All of a sudden i wasnt getting any shows recorded. I had to delete all and start over.
alarson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
billscott122

Season Pass unreliability

On Sundays I check what shows are actually going to be on for the week, and then check Tivo to make sure they're set to record via my Season Pass. Just now I found that CSI was not set to record next week, even though we have a Season Pass, and even though it is not a rerun. So I had to manually set it to record as part of the Season Pass.

Could someone at Tivo try to figure out why this is happening? I depend on Season Passes to record the shows that we like, and should not have to check on Tivo to make sure it's doing its job!

As for rebooting, we just did that after Sandy, twice. 99% of the Season Passes record as they are supposed to - why not the other 1%?
billscott122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
I dont know if we had the same issue, but awhile back i went into my season pass manager and found that all of my season passes had been changed to be o different channel (98, iirc). All of a sudden i wasnt getting any shows recorded. I had to delete all and start over.
Yikes, that's weird! We cannot even have the option to change the channel on our own SPs, yet the Tivo can do it on its own, eh? Since I switched over to HD with my new Premieres early this year it's been a major PITA having to wait for show seasons to start to re-do all of my SPs so I could change them to the new HD channels. That should be one of the things we can change ourselves in existing SPs instead of having to delete the old one and start a whole new one. (yeah, major peeve)

I've been having weird little problems since the latest update, but nothing like what the OP is having happen.

Last edited by sharkster : 11-12-2012 at 10:45 AM.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by billscott122 View Post
On Sundays I check what shows are actually going to be on for the week, and then check Tivo to make sure they're set to record via my Season Pass. Just now I found that CSI was not set to record next week, even though we have a Season Pass, and even though it is not a rerun. So I had to manually set it to record as part of the Season Pass.

Could someone at Tivo try to figure out why this is happening? I depend on Season Passes to record the shows that we like, and should not have to check on Tivo to make sure it's doing its job!

As for rebooting, we just did that after Sandy, twice. 99% of the Season Passes record as they are supposed to - why not the other 1%?
Did you check to see why it said it wasn't recording?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by billscott122 View Post
WHEN next week? If it was near the end of your guide data, it POSSIBLY would have fixed itself within a day or two when the SP manager reran.

Yes, I probably would have set it to manually record right away too.. Then again, I would call myself a little bit OCD with checking the To Do list. (Tivos are great, but NOT perfect.. so I have to check up on them. Now with 4 tuners in one box, I have to check up on them LESS.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
Nihilator
Rebate Whore

Same here. I have four TiVos running in the house right now, including an old Toshiba DVD-TiVo combo unit, a Series2 unit, an HD unit, and a Premiere (running 20.2.1.2-01-2-746). All have lifetime subs. I've been a TiVo user since 1999 (Sony SVR-2000!).

Recently I noticed that I didn't get Season Passes on the Premiere unit recorded like they should be; I didn't pay it much mind, but I just checked the ToDo list and there are NO Season Pass shows set to be recorded at all. The only items on the To Do list are shows that my wife picked out (and none of them would conflict with the Season Pass shows). It's just the Premiere unit. Every other unit is fine.

In addition, I have an "orphan" Season Pass show that's set to be recorded ... four weeks ago. It's at the top of the ToDo list, and it's dated 10/23. It won't go away. I've tried cancelling the Season Pass it's associated with, but it just stays there.

What's going on here?

--Chris
Nihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
HairyBuffalo

I just noticed that my Season Pass for Big Bang Theory failed to record last week's new episode. The History has no entry for the time slot where it should have recorded but there were 3 other shows set to record at that time on my Premiere XL4. Upcoming episodes recognizes a new episode on 11/29 but is not planning to record it. History again has no entry for the future time slot. History shows plenty of other time slots that are skipped due to repeats.

I tried deleting and recreating the Season Pass with no effect. My channel lineup has not changed. Channel numbers are visible in Season Pass and upcoming episodes. Have guide data through 12/3. Am running the prior software version (SD Season Pass manager).

Is it possible that paused live TV on the 4th tuner prevents a scheduled recording with no record in History?
HairyBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBuffalo View Post
I just noticed that my Season Pass for Big Bang Theory failed to record last week's new episode. The History has no entry for the time slot where it should have recorded but there were 3 other shows set to record at that time on my Premiere XL4. Upcoming episodes recognizes a new episode on 11/29 but is not planning to record it. History again has no entry for the future time slot. History shows plenty of other time slots that are skipped due to repeats.

I tried deleting and recreating the Season Pass with no effect. My channel lineup has not changed. Channel numbers are visible in Season Pass and upcoming episodes. Have guide data through 12/3. Am running the prior software version (SD Season Pass manager).

Is it possible that paused live TV on the 4th tuner prevents a scheduled recording with no record in History?
Both those Big Bang Theory shows were 31 minutes long. Could it have not recorded because of the 8:30PM block of shows ?
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
HairyBuffalo

On 11/15, only two tuners were in use from 8 to 9pm. On 11/29, only one tuner will be in use from 8 to 9pm. I thought I set the default to clip a minute if necessary. If all tuners were in use by higher priority recordings, wouldn't History show that the episode will not record due to a conflict?

I rebooted but no change. I moved Big Bang Theory to the top of the Season Pass list but no change. The info on 11/29 episode says original air date is 11/29 and there is no (R) for repeat at the end of the description, so the episode should be checked in the Season Pass upcoming episodes and show in the To Do List. The Season Pass is set to record New only and Keep Until I Delete. The unit is around 12% full. The last guide update was successful. The unit is plugged into a UPS to protect from minor power issues.

I started reading through the 3000 related posts in forums.tivo.com and got directed to a tivo community post with a list of progressively dire suggestions. I'll start with restart and unplug for 15 minutes.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
HairyBuffalo

Restart did not help. Final solution was to delete the Season Pass, create a new Season Pass recording both new and repeats, verify To Do list showed 11/29 episode, change Season Pass to record only new, and verify To Do list still showed 11/29 episode.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBuffalo View Post
Restart did not help. Final solution was to delete the Season Pass, create a new Season Pass recording both new and repeats, verify To Do list showed 11/29 episode, change Season Pass to record only new, and verify To Do list still showed 11/29 episode.
I noticed both of my Premieres wouldn't record new season passes.
Season pass manager for show was grayed out, meaning no upcoming episodes, even tho there are airings the following 2 tuesdays with no conflicts ( Flashpoint)

I also tried to add season pass from the My.Tivo web and it also addeded the season pass, but doesn't record anything.

I'm thinking these are the 1st i've added since the update. I did what you did above and it worked, a hassle but it worked.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
I noticed both of my Premieres wouldn't record new season passes.
Season pass manager for show was grayed out, meaning no upcoming episodes, even tho there are airings the following 2 tuesdays with no conflicts ( Flashpoint)

I also tried to add season pass from the My.Tivo web and it also addeded the season pass, but doesn't record anything.

I'm thinking these are the 1st i've added since the update. I did what you did above and it worked, a hassle but it worked.
Flashpoint is originally a Canadian show so you may need to set it to New and repeats, because the original air date will be the Canadian dates so TiVo won't know the episodes are new.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #21
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Duh... I knew that... LOL.

thanks.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
Heinrich

This is some SERIOUS STUFF. I have relied on my Tivo for over 10 years now I no longer trust it. I have about 10 shows a week and a friend who watches General Hospital. Suddenly NOTHING on "to do list" AT ALL. "RECORDING HISTORY" part of to-do list reveals nothing. In fact, I went in and individually asked for tonight's shows since tonight is TV-heavy. The season pass part of my TO DO LIST still shows all of those programs as "NONE SCHEDULED."

I have to delete all of these season passes and re enter them? More importantly, how do I ever trust this thing again?
Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
stlarenas

I had to run the guided setup again. Once I did that all of my season passes started working again.

I am pretty sure the cable company changed something on their end that broke them.... The guided setup resolved it.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
TheDarkPhoenix

Hello:
I just wanted add to the solutions in the event someone is like me and none of the solutions on this thread work.

I was able to connect to Tivo Service but everytime it would succeed, the status would say, "Pending Restart". If this is the case, go to:
MESSAGES&SETTINGS > SETTINGS > PHONE & NETWORK > VIEW NETWORK DIAGNOSTICS > TIVO SERVICE CONNECTION
If you have any error here, you need to remove your ntwork connection. Either unplug your ethernet cable or disconnect from the WiFi. Wait 3 days and reconnect.

This worked for me. My To-Do list actually showed up and all the missing information (upcoming episodes, etc) reappeared. Hope this helps someone.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
JoeKustra
Cable only

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkPhoenix View Post
Hello:
I just wanted add to the solutions in the event someone is like me and none of the solutions on this thread work.
After over a year with no activity, plus several firmware changes, I don't think this is a problem anymore.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote