TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Sons of Anarchy 10/8/13 "The Mad King"

I can almost...ALMOST...believe Jax is stupid enough to fall for that. To believe that when the people who have already murdered two of his men, and who he has learned are secretly plotting to destroy his club, say "Take our call right here on this "X", and make sure all your big guns are there," they are planning to make a deal with people they hate for his benefit. I can ALMOST believe Jax is that %@^#ing stupid.

But Chib?!?!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Linnemir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I can almost...ALMOST...believe Jax is stupid enough to fall for that. To believe that when the people who have already murdered two of his men, and who he has learned are secretly plotting to destroy his club, say "Take our call right here on this "X", and make sure all your big guns are there," they are planning to make a deal with people they hate for his benefit. I can ALMOST believe Jax is that %@^#ing stupid.

But Chib?!?!
Agreed. Yes, Jax is that bloody stupid. Or is it arrogant? Blind? But I can come up with no reason for Chibbs not to be really really suspicious.
Linnemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Interesting, though, that Clay is now more or less on Team Jax, in a plausible way.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Linnemir

I've just gotten to the point where I'm suspicious of almost everything - Like, what's Clay's ulterior motive?
Linnemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
BlearyEyed
BlearyEyed

First off I want to say I can't believe they blew up Rat in that explosion

And yes, I thought the bomb should have been obvious to Jax, and especially to Chibs. I'm going with arrogance and blindness more than stupid though. For everything the club has gone through, they have always portrayed Jax's as a pretty solid strategist, or at least pretty smart for a biker boy. I'm saying his arrogance based on past maneuvering caught up to him here.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

Heck, even I knew something bad was going to happen at 8 o'clock in the club house. They might as well have had that dramatic "Dun Dah Dun DUNNNNNN!!!" music playing in the background. The funny part was that Jax (and Chibs) was so oblivious to the 500 lb elephant in the room but he picked up on the fact that a strange pen was on the table and linked it to the keg bomb.

Why the heck were the whores on lock down? Just go home. It's not like the Irish know where they live.

Who (in their right mind) would get off on Gemma and Clay doing it? Ew. I'm guessing there'll be two missing prison guards, presumed dead, in a couple of episodes.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Why the heck were the whores on lock down? Just go home. It's not like the Irish know where they live.
I don't think they were on lockdown I think it was the 'old ladies' (and kids) although some may be one in the same.
UTV2TiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlearyEyed View Post
First off I want to say I can't believe they blew up Rat in that explosion
+1
Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

So the two COs have nothing to do with the Irish? Just a couple of a-holes with a death wish? DUMB!!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
So the two COs have nothing to do with the Irish? Just a couple of a-holes with a death wish? DUMB!!
Didn't they hear about the other Corrections Officer that messed with SAMCRO?

Waiting to see what run of the mill everyday object not normally associated with death they'll meet their end with.

Ashamed of myself, but my first thought when the bomb(s) went off was those poor bikes (that were tipped over by the blast wave) and I hope JT's bike survives somehow.
This was of course after we saw everyone get out of the clubhouse safely.

Mentioned in other discussion forums, but folks are also worried about the club table.
Being it's a solid slab of Redwood, and behind a wall, it can survive.
It survived the cops serving a search warrant and tossing everything around, even being axed a bit.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Ashamed of myself, but my first thought when the bomb(s) went off was those poor bikes (that were tipped over by the blast wave) and I hope JT's bike survives somehow.
I was cooking dinner while watching so this was the first time I'd heard the commercials indicating the show was sponsored by Harley Davidson. So, having an excuse for new bikes on the show might have been request from the sponsor.

When I heard the commercials I had to chuckle. Once upon a time car makers would offer their vehicles for use in TV shows, but would only do so if they weren't doing involved in doing anything bad. So either Harley doesn't worry about those things ( any publicity is good publicity) or they represent one of their target demographic groups.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'll throw my shoe at the tv if Gemma continues her unending quest to keep Jax's two sons in Charming and around motorcycle gangsters after they barely escaped getting blowed up. I'm pretty sure I'll be introducing Mr. Shoe to Mr. Tv, probably next week.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
It survived the cops serving a search warrant and tossing everything around, even being axed a bit.

phox
I have always appreciated the fact that you can still see the axe marks to this day from when Roosevelt whacked it a few times.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #14
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Think of the TABLE, people! Yes, I thought that, too.

I also deduced that something was going to happen as soon as I heard the King's instructions. I think "all gather together at precisely 8:00pm because you'll need to vote on it immediately" is one heck of a give-away!

I'm still sad at the loss of Filthy Phil!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

It was pretty obvious when Irish said they had to vote immediately that there would be a hit of some kind at 8:00. Why oh why didn't Gemma and Tara get blown up. THAT would have been a sweet episode ending.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Locked down Samcro members NEED whores.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
Langree
The Gimp

I don't think Jax is stupid, I think he lives by this "code of honor" and still doesn't get that others, like the Irish, don't care about collateral damage or innocents.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #18
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Remember, they have one dead whore, they don't yet know who did it.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Remember, they have one dead whore, they don't yet know who did it.
And they'll never know because they killed Toric!! lol. I still can't believe that.

Anyway, maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention but I didn't really see the bomb coming... although, to be fair to myself, I did assume something was coming since the episode was over...I just didn't try to figure out what. I don't think Jax is dumb for missing it mainly because he had no way of knowing that the Irish had direct access to the club. It was supposed to be on lock down so I don't think he'd be thinking that they would be able to set something up... I think he was definitely suspicious after learning what they said to Clay, and knew something could be coming, but I think them being able to infiltrate like that so quickly didn't occur to him.

That was a pretty big ending though, story-wise. They blew that place UUUUP. Nothing left. And pretty much every club member and all their b**ches (and kids) were there, so that's a pretty bold statement the Irish were trying to make... War will be coming. Plus the Sheriff was there which I'm guessing will draw him into things more. Hopefully it makes Gemma realize the boys need to be taken out of Charming but let's be real here. It would be nice if this was a legit wake up call for her, but I doubt it. If the look on Tara's face is any indication, if she did have any lingering doubts about what she was doing, they're gone now, lol.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hey, at lest we know where the writers from Dexter got jobs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
And they'll never know because they killed Toric!! lol. I still can't believe that.
Actually, I suspect they will, eventually.

That was a very sloppy murder. There will probably be plenty of forensic evidence in the motel room. I think the main question is, will this come to light in time to help Nero? Or will he already be doomed/dead for other reasons?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
cheesesteak
Meh.

I wonder how and if the Irish are going to jail break Clay now.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
Idearat

Quote:
I wonder how and if the Irish are going to jail break Clay now.
I thought during prisoner transport was the popular method these days, at least in TV shows and movies.

The blowing up of TM did make the "cutting all ties" part of the Irish plan pretty clear. But was the bringing of Clay to Belfast to run the distribution really part of the plan? It was odd that Clay asked Jax what he should do with the offer.

Perhaps have Clay accept the offer only to get in close to the Irish? He might not be popular with the biker chapters in Northern Ireland when he got there if he tried to work with the Irish who just blew up his business.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yup Clay said they were going to break him out when he was transported. I was kind of hoping he'd take off his shirt and reveal detailed tats of the prison layout so he could break himself out.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #25
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
But was the bringing of Clay to Belfast to run the distribution really part of the plan? It was odd that Clay asked Jax what he should do with the offer.

Perhaps have Clay accept the offer only to get in close to the Irish? He might not be popular with the biker chapters in Northern Ireland when he got there if he tried to work with the Irish who just blew up his business.
I didn't understand any of that.

On the show, that is.

I didn't see the bomb coming, didn't understand what the Irish want from Clay, didn't understand why Clay wanted Jax opinion, etc. I'm feeling kind of stupid. Of course I was playing Candy Crush the whole episode.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

That coerced conjugal visit was very uncomfortable to watch. Unless you're a soon-to-be-tortured-and-dead guard. I'm guessing Nero has the pleasure of that.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
ncsercs
DirecTivo fan.......

Nero ought to make the two guards have a conjugal visit of their own first.....

Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of consecutive
days I've stayed alive. - George Carlin - 1996

1 TiVo Series3 / 1 DTV H24 / 2 DTV HR24
ncsercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #28
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I didn't see the bomb coming, didn't understand what the Irish want from Clay, didn't understand why Clay wanted Jax opinion, etc.
The irish want to use Clay to use his old contacts in N. Cal to continue to sell guns.
Why Clay wants Jax opinion... who knows. Sympathy from Gemma? Maybe he still has loyalties to the club.
I didn't see the bomb coming either but in retrospect I should have.

Why did the Irish leave the shamrock pen? If they hadn't left it Jax never would have realized and would be dead now.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

The pen was kind of lame.

So where was the bomb? Do we know?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post
Maybe he still has loyalties to the club.
Absolutely this. As soon as he realized the Irish planned to destroy the Sons, he was on Team Jax.

His disagreements over how the club should be run were vicious and brutal, but no matter how willing he was to kill members, his ultimate goal was to make the club thrive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
So where was the bomb? Do we know?
It was in the "kegs" the Irish delivered.