TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
CubsWin

MLB.tv on TiVo Premiere?

Will I be able to view MLB.tv on the TiVo Premiere DVR, similar to what is possible with the Roku? Roku sounds like a great box, but I really don't want two separate receivers with a lot of duplicate functionality.
CubsWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
AandFDakota2001

As of right now there is no mention of an MLB.tv app or any other app other than Netflix, Blockbuster, Rhapsody, Youtube, Music Choice, Jamen, and Pandora. (Please let me know if I missed any that are on TiVo right now).
AandFDakota2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
rainwater

MLB seems pretty big on pushing MLB.tv to many devices. I think it would be a great fit. I'm sure it can be done technically. It will be interesting to see if it happens during this season. I wouldn't be shocked if it did. However, considering there's been no announcement yet and the season is beginning soon, it seems unlikely.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
CubsWin

I guess I'll wait on the Roku and hold out hope that TiVo eventually adds MLB.tv support. I imagine they would be a big revenue source for MLB, so hopefully we'll see it pushed through sooner than later.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
scurby2

playon now allows you to watch mlb.tv through your tv. Software Costs $40 and you need a compatable device (xbox 360, ps2 wii.....more), but a few times a year they offer it for half price ($20).

http://www.playon.tv/
scurby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
CubsWin

MLB.tv launched last week for PS3.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...pp-live-today/

Come on TiVo, it's your turn.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

I used MLB.TV on my PC last year, paid for the premium package, nothing but headaches. Their supposedly DVR functionality is buggy and slow when it worked at all, HD feed is not very reliable (I have 15Mbps downstream on my broadband). The blackout policy is ridiculous, since the only way I can get my local team on TV is going through Comcast with a $60/month tier, when the only other stuff I watch are just OTA locals anyway. Last and certainly not least, even though I'm always watching it on delay due to blackout, MLB.TV still makes me sit through commercials of MLB.TV in between innings, no way to skip through them. This is the most idiotic thing.
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Pyraetheus

MLB is also available on the Roku but, like the PC version, it's a really crummy service. Blackout policy is insane, bad connections, constant lagging out, no way to fast forward thru commercials, etc. Totally not worth the $25/month or $120/year. And if TiVO has problems with Netflix I don't even want to think how much worse MLB could be on the TiVO...
Pyraetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

I still don't see TiVo on the list of supported playback devices for 2011. What's the problem? I would think this would get more MLB.TV subscribers so you don't have to pay almost double to the cable company for the same thing. I really liked it in 2010 on my PC...let's get it on TiVo!!!

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 AM   #10
Ed_Hunt
Pokerpro

I've used MLB.TV for the past two years and it is very buggy, not much fun. However it is my only option to get the Red Sox in Ca. You can skip the commercials if you start to FF before the commercial starts, once it starts you can't do it. I'm hoping they might get it right this year. By the way, I have my computer hooked to my 60" Plasma and the HD games really look pretty good, better than I would have imagined.
1 Roamio OTA only
60" LG Plasma
60" Vizio 1080P
36" LG HD
Ed_Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
Hilltopper06

Disappointed

I've had MLB.tv before but decided to buy the MLB package on DirecTV last year so I did not have to worry about all of the bugs.
In October I cancelled DirecTV and am using OTA/Netflix and then buying the 2011 MLB.tv version. I have had problems before these posts make it sound like there hasn't been any improvement in 2010. I was thinking it was on my end and I planned on upgrading my 756MB Ram to 2GB but I'm now thinking that may not make a difference.

Anyway I was hoping the new Tivo Premiere would have MLB.tv like Boxee, Roku, PS3, etc. and sorely dissappointed that it does not! Hopefully by April they can suprise us like they did with the PS3.
Tivo Series 2 w/Lifetime Subscription
Hilltopper06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Salty Gator

Anything new on this for 2012? Comcast here can't make the MLB package work with the cable card. Is there any other way to get the MLB package through the TIVO so that it can be saved/fast forwarded etc?
Salty Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
compnurd

Honestly, i dont want this on Tivo. Rather have it do what is supposed to do. Enhance TV, this is however a great program on the PS3 and Ipad/phone
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
riffjim4069

Any word on MLB.TV being supported by Tivo? I have PS3s, but I prefer to do all my TV watching on my Tivos, if possible. Regardless, I'm looking at subscribing to the $49 Fathers Day special and would also like to know if the MLB.TV service has improved over the past couple years. It's not worth a penny if I'm going to have connection and quality issues.

Thanks!
riffjim4069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
sneagle
Addicted Member

I use MLB on my iPad and Apple TV. Works fine most of the time. It takes a few secs for the feed to optimize. The biggest problem is black outs.
sneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
rayik

I've used mlb.tv this year (2012) on the original Roku and a new Roku 2 box as well as an Xbox 360.

On the current Roku 2 box and Xbox 360 it has been very stable with no problems at all. The Xbox 360 interface is actually nicer with more information available.

On the older original Roku 1 box, we have had issues at time with rebuffering. This may be due to the roku mlb.tv app using adaptive streaming which is only supported on the new Roku 2 boxes.

I've had no problems and the HD picture quality has been excellent. This was our first year with a mlb.tv subscription. Definitely re-subscribing next year.
rayik is offline   Reply With Quote