Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #121
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmail24 View Post
I am not sure I am having the same problem as everyone else. When I go to open the On Demand, I get the message. "Service Error. We are unable to process your request. Please call Customer Service" There is no error code or number. I never get to a menu screen or anything. My card is paired (Val :V) and I've cold rebooted several times. I contacted Comcast but they are clueless as they keep telling me On Demand doesn't exist with Cable Cards. I'm not sure what else to do.
Please email me your TiVo Service Number,
and from the CableCARD pairing screen I need:
Host ID:
Data:
Card S/N:

margret@tivo.com
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #122
jadziedzic

I'm impressed. I received a call from a Comcast employee today to check that the VOD problems I reported (probably originating from TiVo via my e-mail to Margret, since I never did call Comcast directly) were resolved. I was glad to report that things were working fine.
jadziedzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #123
markp99
TakoKichi

Got the same call just now. Yes, impressive.
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #124
Jkmail24
Joe K

Margret. I sent this info a few days ago, but have heard nothing, and nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Please email me your TiVo Service Number,
and from the CableCARD pairing screen I need:
Host ID:
Data:
Card S/N:

margret@tivo.com

Jkmail24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #125
steverm2

Comcast called me too at 9pm.I was really surprised.
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #126
sideshot

i installed a new xl4 last night and i got the spring update right off then forced the connection twice + reboot and got nothing but it showed up a few hours later and it works
sideshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #127
jmilender

3D On Demand

Has anyone been able to watch something in 3D on Xfinity On Demand. When I try it I get vertical banding on both sides.
jmilender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #128
titsataki

bummer I thought the said New England but alas it was only Boston.

Maybe they will spread it to the rest of us soon.
titsataki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #129
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilender View Post
Has anyone been able to watch something in 3D on Xfinity On Demand. When I try it I get vertical banding on both sides.
Please go to tivo.com/priority and sign up for the software update (20.2.1.2). After it installs, you shouldn't see the vertical banding.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #130
Jkmail24
Joe K

No improvement with my situation yet. Still no Xfinity on Demand. Keeps erroring out.
Jkmail24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #131
ebf

So, you lucky East and West coasters, have you figured out if there really is supposed to be (yet another) "additional outlet" charge just for activating this on-demand feature? Don't we already pay an AO for each cable box or card(s) beyond the first one? Why would turning on on-demand on TiVo cost anything?
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #132
JoeTaxpayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf View Post
So, you lucky East and West coasters, have you figured out if there really is supposed to be (yet another) "additional outlet" charge just for activating this on-demand feature?
On demand is part of the package. The STB the TiVo replaced would have on demand, so now that the TiVo has it, there's no upcharge. Anybody experiences otherwise should comment.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #133
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
So, you lucky East and West coasters, have you figured out if there really is supposed to be (yet another) "additional outlet" charge just for activating this on-demand feature? Don't we already pay an AO for each cable box or card(s) beyond the first one? Why would turning on on-demand on TiVo cost anything?
The additional outlet charge is what they charge for every TiVo that you have after the first box. It only came up in the conversation because there is an AO flag that someone technical mentioned which may or may not be short for additional outlet and some people were switching service around at the same time as this rolled out. So it nothing to do with the on demand.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #134
rick123

My Comcast service charges per cable card. When I had HD's, I had two single streams in each, the first card in each was the "primary" charge (I think around 6.50) and the second was the "additional outlet" card for 1.50. Imagine, now that I use M cards the charge for each has risen to 7.95 (I think), so I now save .05 cents...

1 Premiere Elite, Lifetime Sub
1 Premiere, 2TB DVR Dude HD, Lifetime Sub
TiVo Stream
TiVo Mini
Comcast Digital Cable, XFinity On Demand
Wired Network Connections
rick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #135
Larry in TN

Make sure you get your customer owned equipment credit.

http://www.comcast.com/equipmentpolicy/?SCRedirect=true
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #136
ebf

Quote:
I was referring to these earlier posts. markp99 didn't say anything about getting NEW cable cards (which would incur a new AO charge).

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
CAUTION:

I just looked at my Comcast Statement - the new "Additional Outlet" to my TiVo box appears on my bill as a new $7.45 fee - not expected.

I will be returning the old MOT Cablebox, which should remove that AO/box fee and cancel out this new fee.

We like OnDemand, but rarely actually use it (lack of trick play is a pain in the butt), may not be worth the $7.45/mo fee for us.

I'll be heading over the local office today to drop off a couple boxes and the old S3 cable cards. Hopefully the net change in service fee will be agreeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
That's the fee I am being charged too. How much should it be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
To-be-determined. The new "AO" fee appeared on my on-line statement @ $7.45. I think there is either confusion, or an error.

I just dropped off my 2 cable boxes and 2 TiVo S3 cable cards at lunchtime. Should be no new "AO" charge as a result. We shall see once their system catches up with my returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerock View Post
I think the AO fee is for "additional outlet"s. When you had cable boxes the TiVo required an "additional outlet" to be hooked up.

Now that you've returned the cable boxes, if that is the ONLY box you have then it should go away.

ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #137
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I noticed this screen tonight showing up under showcases. Selecting it brings me to main Xfinity page.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #138
cybah
Tivo Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I noticed this screen tonight showing up under showcases. Selecting it brings me to main Xfinity page.

Highslide JS
Yes I have this too, funny its the same version (I wonder if we're on the same head end?)

This just must be how the app is delivered to the Tivo, as an external App. *shrug*

Of course the app doesn't work for me. It plays for 2 seconds, freezes, then either stays like that until I hit the Tivo button OR after 30 seconds displays a message stating to disconnect and reconnect the cable again (yes odd). I just attribute this to my CableCard not working correctly.

(My cable card doesn't get premium channels.. I get everything else, except the premium channels, and yes I subscribe to every channel (well, roommate does) I've just been too busy/lazy to call Craptastic to complain, its never worked since I got this new TiVo. I just don't care enough to call LOL but I should to hope that this fixes the App)

"If its not on Tivo, its not worth watching!"
cybah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #139
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybah View Post
Yes I have this too, funny its the same version (I wonder if we're on the same head end?)

This just must be how the app is delivered to the Tivo, as an external App. *shrug*

Of course the app doesn't work for me. It plays for 2 seconds, freezes, then either stays like that until I hit the Tivo button OR after 30 seconds displays a message stating to disconnect and reconnect the cable again (yes odd). I just attribute this to my CableCard not working correctly.

(My cable card doesn't get premium channels.. I get everything else, except the premium channels, and yes I subscribe to every channel (well, roommate does) I've just been too busy/lazy to call Craptastic to complain, its never worked since I got this new TiVo. I just don't care enough to call LOL but I should to hope that this fixes the App)
Same thing happened to me. I used online chat with a rep and asked them to add a Tivo AO code at TIvoMargret's advice. It only took a few minutes and the app was up and running properly.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #140
seattlewendell

Yeayyyyy Boston. Any other cities?
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #141
rick123

Was watching red sox last night on NESN and saw an ad for tivo premiere/VOD. First time I can ever recall seeing a retail ad for a TiVo box.

1 Premiere Elite, Lifetime Sub
1 Premiere, 2TB DVR Dude HD, Lifetime Sub
TiVo Stream
TiVo Mini
Comcast Digital Cable, XFinity On Demand
Wired Network Connections
rick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #142
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick123 View Post
Was watching red sox last night on NESN and saw an ad for tivo premiere/VOD. First time I can ever recall seeing a retail ad for a TiVo box.
I think they had some a very long time ago. There are billboards all over the place here.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #143
philw1776

Had my TiVo since 2001 lifetime. Trying to buy a new XL4 with my TiVo discount but TiVo can't get my Comcrap user # to register. Escalated thru tech support. Maybe next week....
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #144
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Had my TiVo since 2001 lifetime. Trying to buy a new XL4 with my TiVo discount but TiVo can't get my Comcrap user # to register. Escalated thru tech support. Maybe next week....
What discount?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #145
JoeTaxpayer

Update - apparently when I enabled the card for the TiVo premiere, someone in billings looked at my account saw 4 cable cards, (with two in a Series 3) and updated my billing for 3 additional cards all at $7.45. Since my new XL4 came in, I am retiring the dual card series 3, an hour on the phone wasn't going to fix the billing issue and I've lost patience.

I pulled the 2 cards out of the S3, returned one to Comcast, put one in the XL4 and it only took 2 hours to work my way to the right person to properly pair the card and activate for VOD. I watched the screen that Margret pointed to, and while I was on the call, flipped on and off the screen. It went from "?" to "V" while I waited. No reboot, no waiting for the system to update.

For what it's worth, the gal (from Comcast) that I finally got to help did a great job. It took 45 minutes of holding, explaining, and transferring to get her. If Comcast would simply make a trained team available with this level of expertise (the card pairing) they'd save a lot of time and customer frustration. There's no dialing directly into that team, and very tough to talk your way to the right group.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #146
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTaxpayer View Post
For what it's worth, the gal (from Comcast) that I finally got to help did a great job. It took 45 minutes of holding, explaining, and transferring to get her. If Comcast would simply make a trained team available with this level of expertise (the card pairing) they'd save a lot of time and customer frustration. There's no dialing directly into that team, and very tough to talk your way to the right group.
Too late for you, but perhaps helpful for anyone who finds this thread. There is a (fairly) well known and trained group at Comcast that handles cards. Among others, see this thread (its all over, and on the last page): http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...16310&page=286
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #147
JoeTaxpayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
There is a (fairly) well known and trained group at Comcast that handles cards.
from that thread - The official Comcast CableCARD number is 877-405-2298.

Which prompts the question - Why does the local office tell me there's no number? When I returned the extra card, I specifically asked "is there a hotline for cable card activation/pairing?" And they said no. Just the 800#.

I called the number above, just to reconfirm the third TiVo pairing was right, as I switched it around. No automated system. A guy answered and helped me. The exact thing I was looking for. Now if only Comcast actually knew about this hotline.....
Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #148
Tennberg

I got a letter a couple weeks ago from Comcast, saying that my Tivo service on my Motorola box would be ending. There was an offer to get a Tivo Premiere DVR for free if I signed up for 1-year of Tivo, which I did.

Today, I exchanged my Comcast box for a CableCARD. I went through the Tivo setup process, downloaded the spring update, and got everything else configured. I installed the CableCARD, which was recognized. A diagnostic screen then popped up with Comcast's number and other relevant info for activation. I called Comcast, and they went through the activation. No video showed up while I was on the phone, so I told the rep I'd call back if nothing came through in 30 mins or so.

30 mins later, still no picture. The box seemed to be downloading most guide info (e.g., it'll show the channel name, number, and show name, but no show description), but there is no video. When I went to "Test Channels" in the CableCARD settings, it says, "No channels found".

I called Comcast back, and got bounced around a lot with no resolution. I called the "Comcast CableCARD activation group" phone number listed in another post. After being on hold for 50+ mins, someone finally picked up but couldn't hear me, so they hung up.

Just now, when I went to "Test channels", it said, "Acquiring channel list" and then showed something like, "CS BOOT 0 - 0% - 0 Channels, CS BOOT 1 - 100% - 466 Channels, CS BOOT 2 - 0 % - 21 Channels." A while later, it finally said, "Error acquiring channels".

Any thoughts on what I need to do or who I need to call (and what info to tell them) to get all of this working?
Tennberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #149
JoeTaxpayer

Val: V on all TiVos?

My Premiere and Elite are now both happy.

Does the Val: V apply to the Series 3 HD as well? Just as an indicator the pairing is correct, I understand this model won't stream. Just want to be sure the card is paired properly.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #150
kylen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennberg View Post
I got a letter a couple weeks ago from Comcast, saying that my Tivo service on my Motorola box would be ending. There was an offer to get a Tivo Premiere DVR for free if I signed up for 1-year of Tivo, which I did.
I remember seeing this letter but can't find it. Does anyone remember the URL or phone number it sends you to? I currently have 2 series 3. Wanted to see if somehow I am eligible for the discount on the XL4 even if I don't have an existing box from Comcast.
kylen is offline   Reply With Quote