TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #91
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

While I think of it. I agree Thanks TivoMargret. I didn't need your personal attention but the fact that your here helping us goes a LONG way toward making me happy about Tivo CS.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #92
wackymann

Mine was not fixed by the automated refresh. I am currently on the phone with Comcast and they say I need a new cablecard to support this feature. I told him mine is only like 6 months old...
wackymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #93
wackymann

Never mind - he got it working. He said he had to add some rate code to my account. I just watched a show and it worked great!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #94
JoeTaxpayer

Amazing. I called Comcast to work on the pairing and as soon as I said "TiVo" they transferred me to TiVo.
TiVo guy confirmed that my area was set and Comcast needed to pair the card correctly.
Called Comcast, the CSR said I loked good, needed to talk to billing to activate account for on-demand. I could hear the billing guy roll his eyes and sent me back to a tech. He said give it about 15 min.
2 hours passed, and I'm on line with new CSR.
She updated the card data, and said to give it 45 minutes to load. So back in an hour.
Edit - An hour later, nothing.
Back with CSR, who said numbers were entered in the wrong fields, and she says she fixed it, TiVo should now work in another hour. We'll see.

Last edited by JoeTaxpayer : 06-13-2012 at 08:37 PM.
JoeTaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #95
Adaptel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTaxpayer View Post
Back with CSR, who said numbers were entered in the wrong fields, and she says she fixed it, TiVo should now work in another hour. We'll see.
Wait an hour, then give it a try. Assuming they fixed the pairnig issures with your cablecard, and it still doesn't work REBOOT YOUR TIVO. Even if you tried rebooting before, my units required a reboot AFTER the correct provisioning data was sent to my cablecards before it would start streaming. Good Luck!!
Adaptel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #96
mikebeuler

I'm up and running! Thank for all the posts on this (especially TiVoMargret).

This is a great feature.
mikebeuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #97
JoeTaxpayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaptel View Post
Wait an hour, then give it a try. Assuming they fixed the pairnig issures with your cablecard, and it still doesn't work REBOOT YOUR TIVO. Even if you tried rebooting before, my units required a reboot AFTER the correct provisioning data was sent to my cablecards before it would start streaming. Good Luck!!
Rebooted. Still nothing. 6 hrs on and off with Comcast, no progress. Will try again tomorrow. Ordered a 4 tuner TiVo XL4 tonight. Looking forward to doing this all over again when it gets here.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #98
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTaxpayer View Post
Rebooted. Still nothing. 6 hrs on and off with Comcast, no progress. Will try again tomorrow. Ordered a 4 tuner TiVo XL4 tonight. Looking forward to doing this all over again when it gets here.
Have you already emailed me your info? If not, please send me the following:

TiVo Service Number:
and from the CableCARD Pairing screen
Host ID:
Data:
Card S/N:

margret@tivo.com
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #99
steverm2

Wonder why there are so many different results here.Some got it right away,others solved it thru comcast,some thru tivo.some people say they still are frustrated.Itried comcast,tivo,reboots.TivoMargret jumped in on my posts and suggested Iemail her my onfo and,voila!The CS is awesome ,IMO!
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #100
klambert

Up and running on Cape Cod without any calls to anyone.
klambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #101
JoeTaxpayer

Margret - I sent you an email, I'm guessing you are either left coast, or are on line till mid-night? I hope it's left coast.... again, thanks for helping the folk here.

steverm2 - Comcast needs to beef up their training. When I carded my first TiVo, a tech came who have never done it before, and was on the phone for hours in my house trying to pair the cards. Not they have card hotline, but still seem to lack the understanding of what needs to be done. Whatever Margret is doing, Comcast needs a quick CSR seminar/training so these guys can just do it for all of us the first time.
(A self-serve page to enter my card pairing info would help, too, and save Comcast the hours of CSR time)
Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #102
markp99
TakoKichi

CAUTION:

I just looked at my Comcast Statement - the new "Additional Outlet" to my TiVo box appears on my bill as a new $7.45 fee - not expected.

I will be returning the old MOT Cablebox, which should remove that AO/box fee and cancel out this new fee.

We like OnDemand, but rarely actually use it (lack of trick play is a pain in the butt), may not be worth the $7.45/mo fee for us.

I'll be heading over the local office today to drop off a couple boxes and the old S3 cable cards. Hopefully the net change in service fee will be agreeable.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #103
mrlajoie

Here's my situation.... ZIP CODE:03063

Last week I saw the announcement for the Greater Boston Area, which, the last time I checked included my city Nashua NH. I checked TiVo's site and it says CONGRATULATIONS... blah, blah. So I check my TiVo and there is no icon or anything. I call TiVo and they say that 03063 isn't included in the Greater Boston Area. I check the website again and it still says CONGRATULATIONS... blah, blah. So I call TiVo back and we check the configuration on the box and they say everything is fine. I call COMCAST and they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I give up for the weekend thinking that maybe Nashua isn't included yet. Then I see posts from MARK from Nashua who got his TiVo working recently.
So I start the process over again. I force a couple of downloads, a couple of restarts. Still nothing. Call TiVo and the box looks good. They give me a TiVo Cable Card Tier #2 number to call at COMCAST. Now I've got the ICON for XFINITY at least. They did a refresh on the card and I still don't have service but I have an error V301.
Forwarded all this info to Margaret at TiVo last night. I'm REALLY hoping that she can get it straightened out!
mrlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #104
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlajoie View Post
Here's my situation.... ZIP CODE:03063

Last week I saw the announcement for the Greater Boston Area, which, the last time I checked included my city Nashua NH. I checked TiVo's site and it says CONGRATULATIONS... blah, blah. So I check my TiVo and there is no icon or anything. I call TiVo and they say that 03063 isn't included in the Greater Boston Area. I check the website again and it still says CONGRATULATIONS... blah, blah. So I call TiVo back and we check the configuration on the box and they say everything is fine. I call COMCAST and they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I give up for the weekend thinking that maybe Nashua isn't included yet. Then I see posts from MARK from Nashua who got his TiVo working recently.
So I start the process over again. I force a couple of downloads, a couple of restarts. Still nothing. Call TiVo and the box looks good. They give me a TiVo Cable Card Tier #2 number to call at COMCAST. Now I've got the ICON for XFINITY at least. They did a refresh on the card and I still don't have service but I have an error V301.
Forwarded all this info to Margaret at TiVo last night. I'm REALLY hoping that she can get it straightened out!
TIvo told me my zip codes wasn't included either even though it is.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #105
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
CAUTION:

I just looked at my Comcast Statement - the new "Additional Outlet" to my TiVo box appears on my bill as a new $7.45 fee - not expected.

I will be returning the old MOT Cablebox, which should remove that AO/box fee and cancel out this new fee.

We like OnDemand, but rarely actually use it (lack of trick play is a pain in the butt), may not be worth the $7.45/mo fee for us.

I'll be heading over the local office today to drop off a couple boxes and the old S3 cable cards. Hopefully the net change in service fee will be agreeable.
That's the fee I am being charged too. How much should it be?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #106
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
CAUTION:

Do you have just one TiVo? If so you should be fine. The first cable card is free if you don't have one of their boxes. You will probably get hosed for every one after the first one though.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #107
markp99
TakoKichi

Once I return the 2 x S3 old cable cards and 2 MOT cable boxes, things should be much clearer.

I presume I will ONLY need to pay for the single M-Card, and not the new/additional "AO" fee I see today.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #108
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Aadam101 and markp99:

From my experience (and what I've heard is supposed to happen) you get one 'outlet' with your service. That could be their box or yours. After that outlet you will pay for each additional 'outlet'. I used to have 2 TiVos and one Comcast box and I paid $7.75 (or so) for each of my two Tivos. I then replaced the Comcast box with a Premier and now pay $7.75 (or so) for the two Tivos (just like I used to) and the new TiVo is included in the normally FREAKING HUGE cable bill.

The $7.75 is a $10.00 outlet fee with a $2.50 customer owned equipment credit (these numbers may be be exact). I think I am being screwed royally by comcast - with phone, internet, and TV the bill is $200. But I don't see any alternative and that is with a $10 "loyalty" credit.

Hope that helps clarify.

You should NOT have to pay for the cable card in the first unit. When I say outlet that fee includes the cable card.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #109
mrlajoie

I'm at $105 (with taxes, etc) for High Speed Internet and Cable TV (w/ HBO). I'm on some kind of special rate which is going to expire soon...
mrlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #110
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlajoie View Post
I'm at $105 (with taxes, etc) for High Speed Internet and Cable TV (w/ HBO). I'm on some kind of special rate which is going to expire soon...
That's a good rate. I have the same service (with phone added) and three TiVos (which costs me a premium).
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #111
JoeTaxpayer

Quote:
Once I return the 2 x S3 old cable cards and 2 MOT cable boxes, things should be much clearer.

I presume I will ONLY need to pay for the single M-Card, and not the new/additional "AO" fee I see today.
If you have no Set Top Box, the first TiVo is included in the digital package. Additional carded TiVos get an outlet fee with one free card. So the $7.50 or so looks right on the additional outlets.
The TiVo OLED S3 needs two cards, and it has an extra $1.50 card fee.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #112
markp99
TakoKichi

Excellent, should be a small net monthly savings! Nice.

My current statement just crossed $230 for cable, internet, 2 phones, no premium channels. Yikes!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #113
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

You should be paying less than $200 for that. You are getting extra specially hosed.

You should be paying less than what I am unless by two phones you mean two separate lines. I don't know what that does to you.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #114
JoeTaxpayer

I now have VOD on my Premiere

Margret wrote back to me quickly, and advised that the Val: ? meant my pairing was still wrong.

Coincidentally, a higher level tech from Comcast called me, and was able to fix it while I was on the call. No reboot. When I flipped in/out of the page Margret advised:
Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD options (for Installers) > CableCARD Menu > Conditional Access

I saw the ? was now a V. And the VOD menu now showed a full menu.

For what it's worth, I have a 4 Tuner TiVo on the way and the tech said he was responding to a trouble ticket. I politely tried to ask "so is there any way to get someone at your level directly, by dialing in?" No, he and his team answer tickets, outbound only. So when I go to set up the new one, I'll do it late in the afternoon, and have a beer ready.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #115
steverm2

Quote:
Excellent, should be a small net monthly savings! Nice.

My current statement just crossed $230 for cable, internet, 2 phones, no premium channels. Yikes!
Wow! waaay yikes
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #116
wackymann

They are charging an extra fee for on-demand??
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #117
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymann View Post
They are charging an extra fee for on-demand??
To-be-determined. The new "AO" fee appeared on my on-line statement @ $7.45. I think there is either confusion, or an error.

I just dropped off my 2 cable boxes and 2 TiVo S3 cable cards at lunchtime. Should be no new "AO" charge as a result. We shall see once their system catches up with my returns.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #118
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

I think the AO fee is for "additional outlet"s. When you had cable boxes the TiVo required an "additional outlet" to be hooked up.

Now that you've returned the cable boxes, if that is the ONLY box you have then it should go away.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #119
Adaptel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerock View Post
I think the AO fee is for "additional outlet"s. When you had cable boxes the TiVo required an "additional outlet" to be hooked up.

Now that you've returned the cable boxes, if that is the ONLY box you have then it should go away.
"AO" does stand for Additional Outlet and is Comcast-Speak for "CableCard Rental Fee".
Adaptel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #120
Jkmail24
Joe K

I am not sure I am having the same problem as everyone else. When I go to open the On Demand, I get the message. "Service Error. We are unable to process your request. Please call Customer Service" There is no error code or number. I never get to a menu screen or anything. My card is paired (Val :V) and I've cold rebooted several times. I contacted Comcast but they are clueless as they keep telling me On Demand doesn't exist with Cable Cards. I'm not sure what else to do.
Jkmail24 is offline   Reply With Quote