TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #61
jadziedzic

Working here in Nashua - called 800-934-6489, option 1 (trouble with your service), option 2 (refresh your service), and a few minutes later all was well!

Marvelous! Thanks to TiVo and Comcast folks who made this happen!
jadziedzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #62
gzub

Big Grin

Thanks, that worked like a charm, I love it when I don't have to talk to anyone in customer support...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziedzic View Post
Working here in Nashua - called 800-934-6489, option 1 (trouble with your service), option 2 (refresh your service), and a few minutes later all was well!

gzub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #63
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I was getting a black screen tonight (as opposed to frozen video last night). I called for a refresh and the Tivo went back to the frozen video again.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #64
markp99
TakoKichi

Called in that number noted above. Requested the refresh. Nothing.

Hmm...
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #65
mld3ep

Smile

Happy in Cambridge, MA after requesting the refresh - yeay!
mld3ep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #66
Adaptel

Quote:

Calling for a refresh caused both my Premiere units to start streaming on-demand content like a champ in Concord, NH. WooHoo!!!!! Awesome job Margret and comcast techies!
Adaptel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #67
timeshift

Ditto for me - used the phone menu to request a refresh and now it works.
timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #68
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I just chatted with a rep. I asked him to ask the ATS group to add an "AO" code. I think he may have been in the ATS group because it felt like he did it himself. He had it working in under five minutes.

Thank you Margret!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #69
wackymann

I could start the videos, but they would freeze after a split second.

So I just called and requested a refresh... I'll check it again in the morning.
wackymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #70
MACCTVO

Finally worked

Tried last night - no go.

Tried again this morning ... yes, it worked. The question is why did I have to do anything, since this was "fixed" last night? Why didn't Comcast send out a reset automatically?
MACCTVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #71
markp99
TakoKichi

I may have figured out the issue with using the automated card refresh approach!

I have a total of 3 cable cards in the house at the moment, but only ONE is plugged-in. It seems as if the auto-refresh might have been directed to the wrong card, or failed when the first card was not detected/plugged-in (just guessing).

My last call to to Comcast noted, "there have been multiple refreshes sent to this account", and was then auto-forwarded to a CSR. I read my Card S/N to the friendly/helpful CSR, he sent the refresh signal, and PRESTO, streaming is now functional.

Thanks Margret and other users here!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #72
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
I may have figured out the issue with using the automated card refresh approach!

I have a total of 3 cable cards in the house at the moment, but only ONE is plugged-in. It seems as if the auto-refresh might have been directed to the wrong card, or failed when the first card was not detected/plugged-in (just guessing).

My last call to to Comcast noted, "there have been multiple refreshes sent to this account", and was then auto-forwarded to a CSR. I read my Card S/N to the friendly/helpful CSR, he sent the refresh signal, and PRESTO, streaming is now functional.

Thanks Margret and other users here!
I was under the impression that a refresh reset all boxes and cards on the accounts. Is that not the case?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #73
markp99
TakoKichi

I would have thought this to be true, but until I directed a refresh explicitly to the XL4 Card by S/N, OnDemand was not enabled.

It could have been an issue of not finding the other TWO cards not currently plugged-in.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #74
LegacyCX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
What is the AO code? Area of Operation?
Additional Outlet. Each AO needs to be tied to a service code. For example, if a rep doesn't assign HBO to the A/O #2, then that box (whichever it is) won't get HBO.

So if they add the TiVO code to the correct A/O (cablecard), then the service will work.
LegacyCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #75
racolang
Raphael

I had the same issue in Clinton, MA

Quote:

I had the same issue where the video froze after it started playing. I have two tivo's in the house (TiVo HD and Premier Elite). I called comcast and they did a refresh but it did not work. After reading this thread I am not sure which cablecard they refreshed, so I tried the auto refresh as mentioned in the above quote and it worked. Please note I had a couple more menu options then mentioned above, but was able to navigate thanks to what jadziedzic put in parenthesis. Before I did this, I did verify that my cable card was properly paired.
racolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
Minollo

Is anyone else seeing this problem? An example: I can navigate through the XFinity OnDemand icon to the HD TV series Battlestar Galactica, and watch Episode One without problems. But if I try to do Find, search for Battlestar Galactica, select the same Episode One (HD) offered by XFinity VOD (btw, nice that it appears in the search result!), when I try playing it, I get a CL-14 error from XFinity (Service Error). I tried with other shows (for example, the movie Ghostbusters), and I see the same behavior; it looks like I can see VOD without problems if I access the content from the XFinity ondemand app, but if I try to access the show directly from a search result, that error comes up...
Minollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #77
mjfalk

I also think that there are different codes for TIVOHDs and TIVO Premieres. My premieres still did not stream correctly this morning even with multiple calls to Comcast to do hits to the Box/cables. I then called and talked to a Comcast rep and he said that I had AO codes, but not TIVO Premiere codes. He the removed an AO code and added it back as a Premiere AO code. He the sent a hit to the cards. I then checked VOD on my XL4 and it now is streaming correctly. I am in Cambridge,MA
mjfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #78
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfalk View Post
I also think that there are different codes for TIVOHDs and TIVO Premieres. My premieres still did not stream correctly this morning even with multiple calls to Comcast to do hits to the Box/cables. I then called and talked to a Comcast rep and he said that I had AO codes, but not TIVO Premiere codes. He the removed an AO code and added it back as a Premiere AO code. He the sent a hit to the cards. I then checked VOD on my XL4 and it now is streaming correctly. I am in Cambridge,MA
Ah yes. The rep asked me what model I had and I told him a Premiere. He responded back with "Is it a Series 4?" I told him yes. I am guessing the system calls it a Series 4.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #79
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Ah yes. The rep asked me what model I had and I told him a Premiere. He responded back with "Is it a Series 4?" I told him yes. I am guessing the system calls it a Series 4.
I'm confused. Isn't Xfinity On Demand limited to Series 4 (Premiere) only?
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #80
steverm2

Quote:
Also had a comcast rep ask "is it a series 4?"I then got transferred to tivo.Tivo tech told me to contact comcast with cable card id ,host id,data,and card s/n.I called 877-405 2291.busy.busy,busy.will keep trying
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #81
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverm2

Also had a comcast rep ask "is it a series 4?"I then got transferred to tivo.Tivo tech told me to contact comcast with cable card id ,host id,data,and card s/n.I called 877-405 2291.busy.busy,busy.will keep trying
Give the online chat a try. That's how I got it done.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #82
steverm2

Quote:
Give the online chat a try. That's how I got it done.
Tried your suggestion.no luck.next try will be local comcast office.it is close by,but the last time i was there and mentioned Tivo the reaction was"huh?"lets see what happens tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #83
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverm2 View Post
Tried your suggestion.no luck.next try will be local comcast office.it is close by,but the last time i was there and mentioned Tivo the reaction was"huh?"lets see what happens tomorrow.
Rather than head in to the Comcast office, why don't you email me the following info:

From the System Information screen I need...
TiVo Serial Number:

and from the CableCARD Pairing screen in Settings I need...
Host ID:
Data:
Card S/N:

Please send the info to margret@tivo.com

Then I can send your specific info on to the team that is resolving these issues.

Thanks,
--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #84
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

I spent 25 minutes on hold last night then finally got to someone who got it working with a refresh. Of course, it took long enough after the refresh that by the time I saw it working I was on hold again while he talked to someone else about the problem, thus maximizing the amount of time I was on the phone.

Still it's working. Woot!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #85
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Did they have these problems in San Francisco?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
steverm2

Went back to chat with a comcast tech again this a.m.After passing on all the same info as last nite he said the problem was in my tivo unit;but.i could trade my cable card for no charge.is it the box or the card?beats him!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #87
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

The M-Card that is installed in your TiVo Premiere is the same one that is needed to access Xfinity On Demand. There should never be a reason to swap a CableCARD. There should also be no reason for a technician to visit your home.

My understanding is that all issues should be resolved by the end of day on Thursday. If it still isn't working at that point, please email me your TiVo Service Number, and the Host ID, Data, and Card S/N that are showing on the CableCARD Pairing screen in Settings.

We are really sorry this has been such a bumpy experience. We appreciate your patience!

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #88
Adaptel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We are really sorry this has been such a bumpy experience. We appreciate your patience!
I initially had trouble, but my 2 Premieres are now working great. The most frustrating part of this problem IMO was due to how un-informed the Comcast phone techs were about this new Tivo feature. The first two techs I spoke to on the phone insisted that "Tivos do not support Xfinity On-Demand, you need a Motorola cable box to get on-demand". One of them got really mad when I tried to explain that this is not the case anymore and I had to direct them to the page on Comcast's own website that states that tivo premieres now do On-Demand. I don't mind dealing with the bumps of new technology, but what made it frustrating is not knowing who to turn to for potential solutions.

My 2 cents for anyone still having problems..... call the automated system for a refresh....then wait an hour adn REBOOT YOUR TIVO. The reboot was required for me after refresh for VOD to start working.
Adaptel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #89
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaptel View Post
I initially had trouble, but my 2 Premieres are now working great. The most frustrating part of this problem IMO was due to how un-informed the Comcast phone techs were about this new Tivo feature. The first two techs I spoke to on the phone insisted that "Tivos do not support Xfinity On-Demand, you need a Motorola cable box to get on-demand". One of them got really mad when I tried to explain that this is not the case anymore and I had to direct them to the page on Comcast's own website that states that tivo premieres now do On-Demand. I don't mind dealing with the bumps of new technology, but what made it frustrating is not knowing who to turn to for potential solutions.

My 2 cents for anyone still having problems..... call the automated system for a refresh....then wait an hour adn REBOOT YOUR TIVO. The reboot was required for me after refresh for VOD to start working.
I had the same trouble when dealing with the initial cable card installation a few weeks ago. The Comcast reps did not have a very good understanding of what a Tivo is or how to get a cable card working. I had to have a tech visit and she was clueless too but she did get it working.

What was most concerning to me was how clueless the Tivo rep was. I decided to call Tivo first about the Xfinity app since my Comcast experience is usually always bad. The Tivo rep blamed my Xfinity problem on a networking issue. I didn't even bother to tell him that the Xfinity app was not using internet to supply the video on demand. I just gave up and called Comcast.

I really appreciate how active Margret has been through this.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #90
steverm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
The M-Card that is installed in your TiVo Premiere is the same one that is needed to access Xfinity On Demand. There should never be a reason to swap a CableCARD. There should also be no reason for a technician to visit your home.

My understanding is that all issues should be resolved by the end of day on Thursday. If it still isn't working at that point, please email me your TiVo Service Number, and the Host ID, Data, and Card S/N that are showing on the CableCARD Pairing screen in Settings.

--Margret
Ijust checked my tivo and xfinity is up and running!Thank you TivoMargret for all your help