TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
jkrowas

Xfinity on Demand in Boston

Does anyone in Boston have it? I saw the tweet last week, and then a billboard on I-93(!) but no menu option on my Premiere. Any updates on this?
jkrowas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
innocentfreak

No official start date last I heard. Some are hearing June 6th when they call and ask from the Xfinity thread iirc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
jcianciar

Saw a tweet from @TiVo that it has already begun...

Any word on Verizon FiOS On Demand being available on TiVo?
jcianciar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

It went live this morning.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
sbiller

XFINITY On Demand on TiVo - The Greater Boston Area

The embargo was lifted at midnight last night.

http://www.gizmolovers.com/2012/06/0...ivo-users-now/

http://www.techofthehub.com/2012/06/...ching-hub.html

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/07/c...d-tivo-boston/

http://www3.tivo.com/products/source...oducts_comcast

http://blog.tivo.com/2012/06/xfinity...ast-customers/
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

If you happened to have one of the old Motorola TiVos, TiVo is offering a FREE TiVo (45HR) w/ discounted service to those customers.

If you already have the Motorola Comcast DVR with TiVo service in Boston your current TiVo service will end on or about August 1, 2012. Not to worry, we’ve put together a great offer to get you set up with TiVo Premiere at no additional cost and with a lower monthly fee than you pay now! Visit www.tivo.com/bostonoffer to get your new TiVo Premiere DVR now.

http://www3.tivo.com/promo/buy-premi..._id=OTBostonTE
Exclusive offer on a TiVo® Premiere DVR
The amazing TiVo® Premiere DVR delivers your XFINITY® TV and On Demand* plus great web entertainment. It's two worlds of entertainment in one box, with one remote control and one simple search across everything. Get it all now with this exclusive special offer for Comcast DVR with TiVo service customers.

FREE replacement box + only $12.95/mo. service
  • Records up to 45 hours of HD programming

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Woot! Boston area includes NH! It says I have it. Going to have to test that when I get home.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
markp99
TakoKichi

I was included in the first wave of TiVo-enabled MOT cable boxes a few years back (early deployment testing). I'm in southern NH, and the roll-out was called a "Boston Roll-out" back then.

So, maybe we'll be up soon! Can't wait to dump that MOT box.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
I was included in the first wave of TiVo-enabled MOT cable boxes a few years back (early deployment testing). I'm in southern NH, and the roll-out was called a "Boston Roll-out" back then.

So, maybe we'll be up soon! Can't wait to dump that MOT box.
Tivo has a zip code look up (the link is in at least one of those articles) and Durham supposedly has it. I suspect Nashua does too.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

http://www3.tivo.com/products/source...oducts_comcast

Is the website. It says Nashua (06063) has it.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
markp99
TakoKichi

Just forced a connection, not luck yet.

I just did re-submit my email/zipcode to TiVo to notify me when available. Apparently I already submitted my info. No email from TiVo received yet.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
megazone
Hardcore TiVo Geek

Yeah, it looks like 'Boston area' is pretty liberal. Zip codes from New Hampshire, Waltham, Cape Cod - all show as having the service.

Note that they have a few specials for the Comcast DVR with TiVo customers (the old Motorola TiVo) - there is the 'free' 320GB Premire, but also $100 off the Premiere XL and Premiere XL4 (though Amazon might still be cheaper). And they're offering a lower $12.95 monthly rate instead of $14.99, if you go monthly.

|
|
|
megazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
markp99
TakoKichi

Ha! Just for yucks I forced a 3rd connection and got the update!

So, off to Comcast to return: HD, SD boxes and 2 S3 cable cards. Woohoo!!

megazone - only drawback, I suppose, is I lose the second device attached to my SlingboxHD that permitted me to watch a different channel than my wife while travelling. Any new stuff on the horizon at Sling to address this? How about a media sender device?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
markp99
TakoKichi

Update:

All the Xfinity interface elements are there, but no content is streaming. I did get an an err msg asking to disconnect, then reconnect the cable. Did that, cleared the err message, but still no content (blank/black screen, but progress bar is visible and progressing).

I'll give it a few hours to catch up...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Update:

All the Xfinity interface elements are there, but no content is streaming. I did get an an err msg asking to disconnect, then reconnect the cable. Did that, cleared the err message, but still no content (blank/black screen, but progress bar is visible and progressing).

I'll give it a few hours to catch up...
See if you can work all the bugs out of the entire system so by the time I get to my house tonight, it will be working.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
jfalkingham

It took a couple of forced connections but my elite just got it. My premiere after a few connections still does not have it. I'm in Epping.

This is one time I don't mind being called a suburb of Boston.
1 Roamio pro
Comcast service
jfalkingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
jadziedzic

Same results as Mark here in Nashua - took about 5 connect attempts followed by a system restart before I saw the Xfinity option. I'll try again later tonight.
jadziedzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
DPhillips

Based on a quick zip search on the Tivo site, it looks like those of us Comcast users that were former Adelphia (Londonderry\Windham\etc...) and still on SA/Cisco equipment are not included. Bummer, that horrible user experience is part of what convinced me to get a Tivo.

Hopefully it will come around soon but I'm not overly hopeful.
DPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
sideshot

i just checked raymond nh is a go 03077
sideshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
markp99
TakoKichi

TiVo Xfinity OnDemand is not streaming any content Just a blank screen.

I contacted TiVo support; CSR was quick to say, "if you can see the app (which I can), then the problem belongs to Comcast, you need to call them..." Helpful.

I called Comcast support. They were initially clueless, sent a few refresh signals, no change, but then a call to a supervisor noted the service is "NOT READY YET" from Comcast's end. They will not be streaming for 72 hours (per their estimate).

So, I am curious what the other Boston Area users will find...
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
monsjic

I have same issue in Watertown. Keep me posted on your end if it starts to stream. I will do the same.
monsjic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #22
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

If you are in the Boston area and aren't seeing Xfinity On Demand on your TiVo Premiere, try these steps:

1. Connect to the TiVo Service TWICE
2. From TiVo Central, press THUMBS DOWN - THUMBS UP - PLAY - PLAY

If you see Xfinity On Demand on TiVo Central, but you are unable to play video, try these troubleshooting steps:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261

The most common problem is that your CableCARD is not paired. You'll need to contact Comcast and have them send a validation signal to pair your CableCARD. You'll need to provide them with three numbers that are shown on the gray CableCARD screen you can get to from Settings > CableCARD > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD options > CableCARD Menu > CableCARD pairing.

Host ID:
Data:
Card S/N:

I have had luck using Comcast's Online Chat to pair CableCARDs if I provide them with those three numbers.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
jrlbc06

Interestingly, in the link posted:

Quote:
IMPORTANT: For a limited time, only existing TiVo Premiere DVRs installed prior to April 9th 2012 in eligible markets will have access to the XFINITY On Demand feature. TiVo Premiere DVRs in eligible markets installed after April 9th 2012 will receive the feature when it is fully launched over the coming weeks. It is possible to see the application, but it may not be fully functional. You will receive a notification on your TiVo box when the full functionality of the feature is available.
So from reading that, it looks like people like me who are recent Premiere purchasers will not have access to the feature. That's kind of ridiculous. I actually bought an Elite today largely because On Demand is now available in my area. I guess it's my fault for not reading all the fine print. Kind of considering cancelling my order because my HD still works fine and I only bought the Elite to have access to On Demand.
jrlbc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

That looks like an old note from when it launched in the San Francisco Bay Area back in April.

If you *just* purchased a TiVo Premiere, it will take more than two connections to the TiVo Service before you see Xfinity On Demand. (First it will need to update to the 20.2a software.) Other than the additional connections and software update, and possibly a day for some authorizations to make it to your box, I don't know why it wouldn't work on your new TiVo Premiere.
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
jrlbc06

Awesome, thanks for the info. Like I said, I just bought it today so I don't know either way for sure yet. I'll play around with it when it arrives.
jrlbc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #26
sideshot

i have it but when the video starts playing it stops and locks up
sideshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
I have had luck using Comcast's Online Chat to pair CableCARDs if I provide them with those three numbers.
--Margret
Thanks Margaret,

I am in a chat session right now with Maricor. He sent over a pairing signal, then a refresh, rebooted TiVo, then refreshed again. Same result.

He's off chasing something other idea.

He kept saying "Cable Box" (vs TiVo), so I suppose we are a bit off-script still.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #28
markp99
TakoKichi

Ha, this was his last reply:

Quote:
While CableCARDs will allow you to access the Digital Cable channels you currently subscribe to, the TiVo device does not support Comcast interactive services, such as ON DEMAND. If you are interested in maintaining your ON DEMAND service, we suggest using your Digital Cable set-top box in conjunction with your TiVo device.
Yeesh!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #29
markp99
TakoKichi

Someone on the TiVo Support forum noted he got it to work by paying Comcast $7.50/mo for on demand service on TiVo, plus $1.99 change fee.

Huh? Maybe I missed the email, but I thought this service via TiVo would involve no additional fees over my current comcast fees.

Am I wrong?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #30
blackngold75

There are not supposed to be any additional fees for OnDemand to start working with your TiVo Premiere.
blackngold75 is offline   Reply With Quote