TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Shows not transferring between TiVo's

I have two HD TiVo's, both hard wired into my network. My router is an Apple Time Capsule. The TiVo's can see each other, and I can browse the programs, but when I try to transfer a show from one to another, it just tells me it will transfer when other shows are finished, but there are no other transfers to finish. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
I have two HD TiVo's, both hard wired into my network. My router is an Apple Time Capsule. The TiVo's can see each other, and I can browse the programs, but when I try to transfer a show from one to another, it just tells me it will transfer when other shows are finished, but there are no other transfers to finish. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Check the todo list and see if there are any zombie transfers pending and cancel them if there are. Reboot both TiVos.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Thanks. There were no pending transfers, but I rebooted both, and still get the same thing: it will transfer after pending transfers are completed.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
moyekj

Unplug ethernet connections and then reboot and let them sit there for a while without ethernet connection. Should clear out any ghost queue items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Unplug ethernet connections and then reboot and let them sit there for a while without ethernet connection. Should clear out any ghost queue items.
That should work.

While investigating a different problem on one of my Premieres, I created a "ghost" transfer. I ended up removing power from the Ethernet switch to which it was connected and doing a soft boot. As soon as the TiVo got back up, I reconnected power to the switch and everything is copacetic again.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote