TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo for android ?

I forget where it was or who made it but where can I get the app that makes m.tivo.com look bad ass ?

I was thinking of using the official app but I remember the one that overhauls the look of m.tivo.com people were saying is waaaay better.

On that note, thoughts on the two anyone ?

Interested in trying to earn a free PSVita, then check
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
out & PM me for help.
TiVo_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Are you thinking of TiVo Commander, perhaps?

Personally, I like the official TiVo iOS and Android apps (although the iOS version is still more polished IMHO).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
TiVo_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Are you thinking of TiVo Commander, perhaps?

Personally, I like the official TiVo iOS and Android apps (although the iOS version is still more polished IMHO).
I'll hav to look em both over but I just want whatever is gonna be ethe easiest to use for scheduling while out of the house if I forget something. I don't care about to much of what the official app is supposed to havee like the remote stuff or whatever it is.

out & PM me for help.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo_Fanatic View Post
I'll hav to look em both over but I just want whatever is gonna be ethe easiest to use for scheduling while out of the house if I forget something. I don't care about to much of what the official app is supposed to havee like the remote stuff or whatever it is.

aside from the slow startup the official app is pretty easy. Besides that it's officially supported so you know that when they futz with their website or the way they schedule thigns or anything like that it will just work and you wont need to wait for the work around to make it to the 3rd party app.

(not saying that Tivo Commander ever had issues- but tivo does seem to regularly break pytivo in annoying little ways as an example)
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
royfernandez

Quote:

I liked the iPhone app better
royfernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
TiVo_Fanatic

Ok, o I've been mesing around with the official app and can't seem to do anything outside of the home let alone in it in regards to scheduling etc.

This is why I was askin about the app I can't recall the name of that baically skins m.tivo.com to make it more user friendly / better looking. I don't really care much for the functionality that comes with the official app, jut something user friendly that will let me schedual recordings, SP's etc.

out & PM me for help.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
windracer
joined the 10k club

While the TiVo apps are limited when outside of your home network, you should still be able to browse the Guide and schedule recordings when logged into Away mode. You just can't see your My Shows list or manage your To Do List and Season Passes.

|
Old 05-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
TiVo_Fanatic

Quote:
While the TiVo apps are limited when outside of your home network, you should still be able to browse the Guide and schedule recordings when logged into Away mode. You just can't see your My Shows list or manage your To Do List and Season Passes.
I must have missed the away mode thing but that aside, I finally got scheduling to work. So back to the away mode thing, hows it work and how do I get to it ?

out & PM me for help.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
windracer
joined the 10k club

When you launch the app outside of your network, it will scan for TiVos and fail. You should then get a screen that gives you three options: check again for boxes, Sign in to tivo.com, and continue as a guest. Use the tivo.com option and login using your TCO credentials. You should then be able to use the Guide and Browse features of the app.

|
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
markn

Tivo Commander Git Hub New Certificate Virgin UK

I'm curious if anyone has built and tested Tivo Commander with the UK Virgin Media Tivo?

I see a new certificate was added to its git repository. Its a big deal for me to set up an android build environment just to test it so I wondered if anyone had given it a go?

https://github.com/arantius/TiVo-Commander
markn is offline   Reply With Quote