TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #121
efilippi

Talk about the Peggy pact makes me wonder whether we will see her again. I think she is gone, not in the same way as Lane, of course, but just as abruptly.
efilippi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #122
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
How Pete gets his name on the door:

The check is out there. The partners will all come to know that Lane paid himself $7500 without permission. It's totally in character for Pete to want to chase down the widow Pryce and get that money back!

The other partners, starting with Don, will accede to Pete's demand to be a name partner in exchange for Pete giving up his demand to go after Mrs. Pryce for the $7500.
That would be irredeemably dooshy, even for Pete.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #123
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Soze View Post
That would be irredeemably dooshy, even for Pete.
Glad you're on board with me!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #124
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
The pact was that if one leaves, they both leave. Peggy left without a glance back or a consideration to Ken. And Ken is angling for his future at the company, promising not to get in the way of Dow and getting a guarantee he'll be on the account.

The pact is over! It might get briefly mentioned if we have a Peggy/Ken scene and he gives her a dig, but there's no more pact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by efilippi View Post
Talk about the Peggy pact makes me wonder whether we will see her again. I think she is gone, not in the same way as Lane, of course, but just as abruptly.
I think the pact is over, too. Peggy's comment about it being "silly" or "stupid" or whatever she said was essentially saying it's over. And she left without any regard for the pact or Ken. I think part of the point of that episode was to show that Peggy was independent and didn't need Don, Ken or anyone else at SCDP. And, as Zevida mentioned, it's probably in Ken's best interest to stay, anyway.

If I had to bet, I'd say it's more likely that Peggy is gone than that we'll see her at the new firm next season. Or maybe this will all end with Don coming to her (after she's become a partner at the new place) and asking for a job after Don and/or SCDP goes down in flames.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #125
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Glad you're on board with me!
Hmm. The guy who banged his train-pal's wife, whored out Joan, letched after a high school girl, stole mail intended for someone else then tried blackmail that someone, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. What's hounding a broke, grieving widow after all that?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #126
WhiskeyTango

Jared Harris may have let something slip with regards to Peggy's status.

Spoiler:
Harris said he didn’t get a going-away party from the cast and crew because so many actors were leaving the show.

“Actors are always ending jobs.” he told the paper. “It isn’t a big deal in that sense. . . . Elisabeth [Moss] left the episode before, and she’d been there since the beginning.”

Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #127
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Quote:
Hmm. The guy who banged his train-pal's wife, whored out Joan, letched after a high school girl, stole mail intended for someone else then tried blackmail that someone, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. What's hounding a broke, grieving widow after all that?
You left out sexually harassing 20 year old Peggy Olson then impregnating her, and possibly statutory-raping a German au pair!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #128
WhiskeyTango

What a stupid article:

Quote:
Hands off Sally
By LINDA STASI

Last Updated: 10:29 AM, June 6, 2012

Posted: 10:42 PM, June 5, 2012

In Hollywood, absolute power doesn’t just corrupt absolutely, it also causes absolute crotch rot.

Take “Mad Men” genius-creator/TV power-lister Matthew Weiner. What in hell is he doing with little Sally Draper?

Whatever it is, I think it requires a call to Child Protective Services to make it stop.

Maybe the parents of the 12-year-old actress who plays Sally, Kiernan Shipka, are too caught up in the glamour of the show to stop the harm it has caused their child — harm that is being played out before the country.

Sorry, but what Weiner has done over the last two seasons to the character of this child smacks not just of Hollywood perversity, but of child exploitation disguised as art.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #129
lpamelaa

You know...we've all been so focused on the ramifications of Lane's $7500 embezzlement that we haven't looked at the larger thread that will be unraveled. He extended SCDP's credit line by $50k to fund those Christmas bonuses. What's going to happen when that's uncovered? Longterm harm to their business??
Old 06-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #130
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
You left out sexually harassing 20 year old Peggy Olson then impregnating her, and possibly statutory-raping a German au pair!
Now you're just piling on. Leave Pete alone!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #131
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
What a stupid article:
Is this writer saying Child Protective services for the actor or the character?
He does know that she never gets to see the other side of things in her scenes right.

For example her underpants which was filmed separately or the BJ scene which was also filmed separately.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #132
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpamelaa View Post
You know...we've all been so focused on the ramifications of Lane's $7500 embezzlement that we haven't looked at the larger thread that will be unraveled. He extended SCDP's credit line by $50k to fund those Christmas bonuses. What's going to happen when that's uncovered? Longterm harm to their business??
Probably not. Extending it and drawing it down are two different things. Apart from the money Lane took, and maybe the staff bonuses which we don't know if SCDP can afford or not, the rest of the line seems available untouched.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #133
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Is this writer saying Child Protective services for the actor or the character?
He does know that she never gets to see the other side of things in her scenes right.

For example her underpants which was filmed separately or the BJ scene which was also filmed separately.
I'd agree that the writer was glossing over some facts to sensationalize the story, but at the same time I agree that the scenes mentioned in the article were largely unnecessary and seemed to be done at the kid's expense. I always wonder about parents who put their kids in roles like this. To me, if you wouldn't let your kid watch the show/movie, they shouldn't be acting in it. These parents might be OK with letting the kid watch the show, but I think it's a valid concern for those who aren't OK with that.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #134
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Spoiler:
Harris said he didn’t get a going-away party from the cast and crew because so many actors were leaving the show.

“Actors are always ending jobs.” he told the paper. “It isn’t a big deal in that sense. . . . Elisabeth [Moss] left the episode before, and she’d been there since the beginning.”
Wouldn't bother me a bit...
Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #135
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
I'd agree that the writer was glossing over some facts to sensationalize the story, but at the same time I agree that the scenes mentioned in the article were largely unnecessary ...
How do you figure they were "largely unnecessary"? They clearly and accurately depict the natural age progressing of a girl (perhaps with the exception of the BJ....)
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #136
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post

What about the scene when she was asked to masturbate? There was no "other side".
The underpants thing didn't really bother me because there is nothing sexual about that and the 12 year old actress knows what it's like to have her period.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #137
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
How do you figure they were "largely unnecessary"? They clearly and accurately depict the natural age progressing of a girl (perhaps with the exception of the BJ....)
I'm just agreeing with the author of the article that the scenes could've been handled differently. They could've dealt with Sally getting her period without showing the bloody undies, they could've had someone else walk in during the BJ scene, etc. If that were my kid, I'd feel like she was being exploited just a little.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #138
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
An 11 year old masturbating and a 12 year old witnessing oral sex is NOT "natural age progressing".
Old 06-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #139
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams

An 11 year old masturbating and a 12 year old witnessing oral sex is NOT "natural age progressing".
The former absolutely is.
Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #140
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
What about the scene when she was asked to masturbate? There was no "other side".
We never saw her hand further than a few inches above her thigh, and the rest of it was just looking intently at the TV. It was so slight that a bunch of posters here didn't even catch on to what she was supposed to be doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #141
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:

Spoiler:

This would really disappoint me because

Spoiler:
In many ways the series has been as much about Peggy as about Don. She's definitely been the #2 character and she is pivotal in representing the struggle of women in the workplace during that era as well as playing the contrast to the other female characters like Betty (housewife), Joan (uses sex to get ahead) and Megan (young trophy wife). Without Peggy, we lose a big part of the core of the series.

They could feel that by going out on her own successfully to a job with a better title and pay that they've ended her story; but it would be disappointing to not have her in the show. They would need to bring in another female character to fill that void.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #142
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I disagree.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #143
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Exactly, and I already said "...with the exception of the BJ"....
Old 06-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #144
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I disagree.
That doesn't change the fact that you're wrong...
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #145
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I disagree.
Wait. I thought tiams was a guy.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #146
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Wait. I thought tiams was a guy.
nope.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #147
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
nope.
Well hell! Learn something new everyday!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #148
JETarpon

Quote:
Don't forget impregnating Peggy on the eve of his wedding.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #149
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Yes to the first, no to the second.

betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #150
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Same here. I came across two headlines that gave away that Lane died.

yeah, I was avoiding anything, then MSN throws a headline about it on their homepage.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote