TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Joules1111
Not Drawful

Legit (on FX) - entire Season 1 thread (with spoilers)

Anyone else watching this? It has DJ Qualls who I love and some Australian comedian that I've never heard of. I loved episode 1, but episode 2 was a train wreck and I was about to write it off.

But episode 3 got me. It was both hysterically funny AND heartwarming to the point I actually started to tear up.

So, anyone else watching?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I quit watching part way through episode 1. I don't think I'm interested in a show with a quadriplegic character. I found it too depressing and I was looking for the show to be a comedy.

I did jump to episode 2 and watched it for 5-10 minutes, but found it to be more of the same.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
marksman
ID-10-T

I agree that episode three the show really stepped up to where I expected to be. The first episode was good, although it was essentially the last 30 minutes of Jim Jeffries Alcoholocaust special, where he tells that story.... Episode two took a bit of a dive but three was just great.

As for the paraplegic character, this is based on a real friend of jim's. What happened in the first episode is actually something that happened with jim and his handicapped friend (comedic liberties aside). I find their take on it pretty uplifting really, and the third episode especially gets there.
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I missed the pilot, but I thought Ep 2 was good and Ep 3 was really funny.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
astrohip
Stuart F

One of the funniest 30 minutes on TV right now. Kinda like Louie in that it's not for everyone. But give it a chance.

Parts of it are regular funny, and then parts are so funny I find myself literally laughing out loud. The scene this week when quadri was on video chat, and aussie was yanking him, and his mom and brother (and Lauren from accounting!) walk in... too funny. Had to rewind and watch again.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote