TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
spinboy

Premiere Vertical Lines on Screen

I just got my new Premiere yesterday, hooked it up, and let it update.

When everything was done and I popped out of TiVo Central, every channel has evenly space vertical lines running completely across the TV left to right - no matter the channel. I do not yet have the cable card installed, that's today.

The lines do not appear on the screen while in the TiVo menus, or streaming content from Netflix.

The additionally confusing things are:

When in TiVo Central, the smaller video running in the corner of the channel that TV is set to, does not have lines running through it, only when full screen.

I've connected the TiVo to my TV via composite, component, and 2 different HDMI cables. The lines only show up when using the HD (HDMI, component) connections, not the composite.

Spent about an hour with technical support last night and they of course right away went to the "it must be your signal strength" excuse. I'm going to wait until I get the cable card installed to see if by some weird chance it makes a difference, but if not I'm stumped. Brand friggin' new, and they better replace it if this doesn't work.

Anyone else heard of this happening?
spinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
co-kid

Same problem here

I just bought and activated a TiVo Premier.

I have exactly the same symptoms as described in the original post.

Any news on the cause/fix of this problem?

Thanks.
co-kid is offline   Reply With Quote