TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
xfm

Transfer Queue Blocked??

I have had 2 TiVo HDs and 1 TiVo S3 operating for several years connected to my home network via Ethernet cables. I regularly transfer programs between units with no problems. Yesterday, I upgraded my wireless router and set up a new network. While doing that, I apparently interrupted a transfer in progress from one of the HDs to the S3.

I then set up all 3 TiVos to work with the new network and successfully connected to the TiVo update site. I can see the other 2 machines on my Now Playing list, but when I try to transfer a program it tells me that it will be added to the list and transferred in turn. But nothing is showing up on the S3.

I suspect that the interrupted transfer is blockading the transfer queue. I tried restart for both machines and when that didn’t work unplugged and repowered-up both machines, but still no transfers. How can I free up my transfer path? To my knowledge, I don’t think there is any way to view – or clear out -- the transfer queue (is there?).

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. The wife wants her “Game of Thrones” on the TiVo HD. Help!
Panasonic TH58PZ800 TV
Panasonic TH50PX75U TV
Sony ES AVR
3xHarmony One Remotes
Multi-Room viewing/control via Cat-5e
xfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
lrhorer

You say the TiVos are wired, but then mention a wireless network. Are all three TiVos hard wired to the same switch?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
ggieseke

Look in the To Do List. If the interrupted transfer is there delete it. If not, unplug your ethernet and reboot the TiVo. After it's back to normal let it sit for a while before plugging the network back in. With no network it should clear out the pending transfers queue.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
xfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
Look in the To Do List. If the interrupted transfer is there delete it. If not, unplug your ethernet and reboot the TiVo. After it's back to normal let it sit for a while before plugging the network back in. With no network it should clear out the pending transfers queue.
Left the ethernet cable unplugged overnight. Replugged in this morning. Transfers seem to be working. I'll see how it proceeds.

Thanks for the help
Panasonic TH58PZ800 TV
Panasonic TH50PX75U TV
Sony ES AVR
3xHarmony One Remotes
Multi-Room viewing/control via Cat-5e
xfm is offline   Reply With Quote