TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current
 
YCantAngieRead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 39,373
Bc after a certain age is tricky, too. Hormones can be dangerous.
__________________
I have a signature and I'm not afraid to use it.
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #32
markz
Hilarity Ensues
 
markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connersville, IN
Posts: 12,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I am NOT looking forward to Gloria being pregnant stories next season.
I'm looking forward to her boobs getting even larger!
__________________
- Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,952
Enjoyed the episode. Not sure how I feel about Gloria being pregnant. I wonder how old her character is supposed to be. In real life, she turns 40 in about 6 weeks, and she's got a son in college.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #34
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current
 
YCantAngieRead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 39,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ
Enjoyed the episode. Not sure how I feel about Gloria being pregnant. I wonder how old her character is supposed to be. In real life, she turns 40 in about 6 weeks, and she's got a son in college.
Yeah, that's ancient.
__________________
I have a signature and I'm not afraid to use it.
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I'm looking forward to her boobs getting even larger!

__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)
 
Neenahboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Because Jay doesn't want more kids. No way. I don't buy it either, and fully expect there to be a comment about how birth control (his vasectomy, her birth control) failed.
Exactly. The "because Gloria wanted more kids, therefore it happened" explanation doesn't hold water; if that were the case, there would have been more foreshadowing and at least some indication that she'd had a serious discussion with Jay. And the possibility that they weren't using some form of contraception is very, very slim IMO. When a man of his obvious means has two children and clearly wants no more, there's no WAY he doesn't pursue a vasectomy. Something failed somewhere, and if they don't at least address it in passing next season I'll be disappointed.
__________________
I'm collecting My Coke Rewards codes. PM me if you have any you aren't using.
Neenahboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Exactly. The "because Gloria wanted more kids, therefore it happened" explanation doesn't hold water; if that were the case, there would have been more foreshadowing and at least some indication that she'd had a serious discussion with Jay. And the possibility that they weren't using some form of contraception is very, very slim IMO. When a man of his obvious means has two children and clearly wants no more, there's no WAY he doesn't pursue a vasectomy. Something failed somewhere, and if they don't at least address it in passing next season I'll be disappointed.
What indication has Jay given that he doesn't want more children? I predict he will be thrilled. The other Pritchet children, not so much.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post
Yeah, that's ancient.
I didn't say she was ancient. Having a kid at 40 isn't a big deal at all. I'm just curious how old her character is actually supposed to be. I've always gotten the impression from the show that her character is mid-30s, so I guess Gloria is supposed to be younger than Sofia is in real life. I don't think they've said how old Gloria is, but I've just always gotten the sense that she's supposed to be younger.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #39
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker View Post
I don't think unplanned pregnancies are always due to irresponsibility. Sometimes they're just due to being human.
So, the same thing.. (Your examples were all due to irresponsibility.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #40
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm assuming that's a Lilly quote and not a judgement against my coiffure.
Didn't you watch the show?
__________________
"You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor..." -- Rob Helmerichs

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #41
goMO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 273
i love how luke has become a really funny kid. he's ahead of manny in my book now. i don't think i've laughed at a manny line all year..
goMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #42
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.
 
ThePennyDropped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 3,369
I think a large part of the reason Manny isn't funny anymore is that his type of lines are expected now. Back in the first season, when he was this little kid coming out with all these lines that we'd expect from a middle aged man, the contrast between our expectations and the actuality created the humor. Now we expect him to say the things he does, so there's just not as much humor there.
ThePennyDropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #43
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current
 
YCantAngieRead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 39,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ
I didn't say she was ancient. Having a kid at 40 isn't a big deal at all. I'm just curious how old her character is actually supposed to be. I've always gotten the impression from the show that her character is mid-30s, so I guess Gloria is supposed to be younger than Sofia is in real life. I don't think they've said how old Gloria is, but I've just always gotten the sense that she's supposed to be younger.
I know, I was just teasing.

I'm 40 and very much wish I could have another.


Also, as far birth contol-sometimes it fails. I have two very intelligent friends who decided not to have kids. Guess what happened a few months later?
__________________
I have a signature and I'm not afraid to use it.
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #44
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 26,250
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post

Also, as far birth contol-sometimes it fails. I have two very intelligent friends who decided not to have kids. Guess what happened a few months later?
I am happy to hear this. One of my biggest fears is that all the intelligent people will stop having babies - or just have one - and we (the world, the usa, I don't know...this is not a rational fear) will soon be overrun with many not so smart people that continue to mate with each other. I can't have kids, but keep telling my intelligent friends - have babies, save the world!
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #45
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I am happy to hear this. One of my biggest fears is that all the intelligent people will stop having babies - or just have one - and we (the world, the usa, I don't know...this is not a rational fear) will soon be overrun with many not so smart people that continue to mate with each other. I can't have kids, but keep telling my intelligent friends - have babies, save the world!
I don't know about this. Intelligent people have been screwing the world up just as much as dumb people since day 1. They're just better conversationalists.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I don't know about this. Intelligent people have been screwing the world up just as much as dumb people since day 1. They're just better conversationalists.
Intelligent people might screw up the world, but stupid people definitely will.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #47
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Intelligent people might screw up the world, but stupid people definitely will.
Hey...I'm doing my part!
__________________
"You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor..." -- Rob Helmerichs

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #48
inaka
Registered User
 
inaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 8,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
With flash...
That entire exchange was hilarious!
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
Regina
I've got Jewbs!
 
Regina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
That entire exchange was hilarious!
Claire: You want me to touch up your hair before you go, honey?

Date: No, I'm fine!
__________________
Calling Illegal Aliens "Undocumented Workers" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists." (I am a licensed Pharmacist.)
Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #50
midas
I heard that
 
midas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Montgomery, IL USA
Posts: 8,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I am happy to hear this. One of my biggest fears is that all the intelligent people will stop having babies - or just have one - and we (the world, the usa, I don't know...this is not a rational fear) will soon be overrun with many not so smart people that continue to mate with each other. I can't have kids, but keep telling my intelligent friends - have babies, save the world!
Kind of the idea behind the movie Idiocracy. Very funny movie.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #51
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba

Intelligent people might screw up the world, but stupid people definitely will.
Intelligent people screw up the world on purpose. Stupid people do it because they don't know any better.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #52
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Intelligent people screw up the world on purpose. Stupid people do it because they don't know any better.
Some intelligent people make the world better. Few, if any, stupid people do.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #53
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,392

__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #54
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub
 
scooterboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: East Kingston, NH USA
Posts: 27,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
This episode shows you why I'm starting to hate social networking. Because as soon the show began I checked into it on getglue. The first thing I see in conversation thread is the post Gloria is pregnant.
Yeah, that was totally social networking's fault.


__________________
Proofreading: it's a good thing.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #55
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 26,250
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
This episode shows you why I'm starting to hate social networking. Because as soon the show began I checked into it on getglue. The first thing I see in conversation thread is the post Gloria is pregnant.
Why check when the show is just starting? why not wait till after the show and not expose yourself to possible spoilers?
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #56
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
I don't get the whole "getglue" thing. I get checking in when you're out and about but what's the deal with checking in when you watch TV?
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #57
cmontyburns
Excellent.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,310
I don't get "checking in" at all, actually.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #58
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 3,082
WTF is "getglue"?


Oh, and, get off my lawn!


__________________
"Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional!" -- Mad Scientist
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #59
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa
 
Anubys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fairfax Station, VA
Posts: 22,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePennyDropped View Post
I think a large part of the reason Manny isn't funny anymore is that his type of lines are expected now. Back in the first season, when he was this little kid coming out with all these lines that we'd expect from a middle aged man, the contrast between our expectations and the actuality created the humor. Now we expect him to say the things he does, so there's just not as much humor there.
I did like his line about "how's that big fence working out for you?" when the father was told that the baby is latino
__________________
That Anubys is a GENIUS! -- Rob Helmerichs
I'm sure not a GENIUS, like Anubys -- Rob Helmerichs
And Anubys' genius just keeps shining through! -- Rob Helmerichs
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #60
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
WTF is "getglue"?


Oh, and, get off my lawn!

This!!

Too many people are starting to live too much of their lives online. This is becoming The Truman Show for EVERYONE!!
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |