TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Is MRS working for you after your Premieres were updated to the Spring 2012 version?
Yes. MRS works fine 32 64.00%
No, MRS is no longer working 9 18.00%
I don't use MRS 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
arizon

MRS working after spring update survey

Is MRS working for you after both of your Premieres have been upgrade to the Spring 2012 update (v20.2.1.1)?

2 TPXLs w/ Lifetime On Cox Tucson:
#1: (20.2) [Hard wired] w/ 1 TB WD DVR Expander + SA CC ($2/month) + Cisco TA ($0)
#2: (20.2) [Tivo Wireless N @ 5 GHz] + SA CC ($2/month) + Cisco TA ($0)
arizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

It's working fine for me. I've checked all my boxes and there have been no issues.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
markp99
TakoKichi

Sorry, not an MRS user, but everything else has been flawless.
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
innocentfreak

Probably should have seperated the poll based off connection type.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
sharkster

I haven't voted yet, as it's kind of iffy. First of all, I love MRS for several reasons. Love love love! MRS is one of my favorite features after having gone from 8 years of two Series 2 units to my new Premieres.

It was going absolutely great until the recent update. I probably had one interruption in 10 programs BEFORE. Then, after the update, I started having one or more interruption (that V68 error that tells you to check a Tivo webpage that doesn't seem to exist) in EVERY program.

Now, yesterday and today, I've watched several programs using MRS without a single interruption. I wonder if that means that things have settled in. I notice, sometimes, with Tivo stuff like updates and bringing in new units, that after an initial period things settle in and work right. I'll go with that for now, but I won't be unreasonably optimistic.

That said, however, yesterday and today when I went to turn on the living room TV I was getting a 'no video signal' deal and no response from the Tivo or the TV remote. Of course, I checked to make sure the Input was on HDMI3, everything was plugged in properly, etc. Finally, on both occasions, I ended up having to unplug and restart and everything was fine.

I hope this isn't a new thing that every day, when I turn on that TV, I have to restart the Tivo. I came in kind of late and ended up missing part of a show that was coming up to record while the restart was going on. The good news was that after the Tivo restarted, it picked up the show 5 minutes in and I got the rest of it.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
jcole66

When I attempt to stream between my 2 TiVo Premiere's, which worked perfectly before this update, I'm getting a paragraph error message stating that my 2 devices may not be on the same network (they are). When this first happened after the 20.2.1.1 update, I just rebooted both boxes and then was able to stream between them. About 5 hours later when attempting to stream a different show, I got the network error message again. Even tho streaming 'thinks' my 2 TiVo's are on different networks, I'm able to transfer shows between them without issue.
My primary Living Room TiVo is connected via Ethernet Cable directly to my router and my upstairs Bedroom TiVo is connected to the network via an Ethernet Bridge. I've had this setup for well over a year now with NO ISSUES streaming between boxes, no hardware changes and the only change has been this update. I've had nothing but problems with MRS since.

My solution? Reboot the box that I want to stream to and I'm able to stream to it for a few hours. This is a real annoyance and not a good user experience at all. In the evening I look to see if there are any programs on my other TiVo I may want to watch and I reboot my primary TiVo.

Not sure what TiVo is doing about this, if anything. Margaret from TiVo asked for my TSN's for the 2 TiVo's in another post and I've provided her all of my information but have yet to hear back from anyone at TiVo.
jcole66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
lujan

Every poster should always spell out the acronym first because not all of us know what MRS is except maybe if it means "the misses"?
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
sharkster

I think one might assume that if somebody is posting/reading this board they have a Tivo. If they are reading this forum they have a Premiere Tivo. And if they are reading this thread they would likely know what MRS is because they either are or are not having problems with it.

MRS has been discussed a great deal around this board for a while now in numerous threads.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
lujan

There could be lots of people new to TiVo that don't know what MRS is and thanks for spelling it out BTW.
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
randyb359

I voted no since it does not work all the time but it does more often then not.
randyb359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
GoEagles

For reason starting today, before I could browse recordings on my TiVo Elite from my TiVo Premiere and could transfer or start viewing the show, now, I can only transfer shows. I can watch as soon as it starts transferring, but before, I could just play them directly. Odd.
GoEagles is offline   Reply With Quote