TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Sanctuary won't be back...

Canceled after four seasons...and more here...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
pkscout

That's too bad. I enjoyed the show and will miss it. It was very inconsistent in terms of quality over the years though, but it still averaged out to a good show. I'm a huge Science Fiction fan, but with Sanctuary and Eureka gone, I think I'm down to just three things on SyFy (Being Human, Alphas, and Warehouse 13).
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Not the greatest show in the world, nor did it have the highest budget in the world, but I liked it. I knew what to expect, which meant I wasn't too disappointed in the CGI when it fell flat, and enjoyed the stories. It seemed to be getting better at the end of the 4th season as well.

I'm not surprised though.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Actually, I thought they sort of phoned-in Season 4. Rehashed some episodes (most notably, the shapeshifter/mindreader creature, this time on a boat not in a plane) and did some jump-the-shark episodes (one where everyone had to sing, to get thru to a possessed character of course). I still liked it, but I thought they were just treading water, trying to get through the season. The story arc about the Hollow Earth abnormals was pretty interesting.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
cheesesteak
Meh.

To quote Isaac Hayes, "Dr. Magnus was a baaaaad mothershutyourmouth"

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
refried

If they had announced the cancellation during the last season I probably would have been happy. I was really getting sick of the corner they painted themselves into. I wasn't really sure why I was still watching. But they ended the season is a position to restart the series and get back to the interesting parts of creature exploration. Now I am a bit disappointed.
refried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I thought it was tailing off in the last season, and that they had gone about as far as they could. IMHO it was on the verge of totally jumping the shark, instead they skied up to the shark pen and turned around. And the S4 finale did a decent job of closing the series.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
sieglinde

At least they sort of ended it in hollow earth.