TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
NYHeel

Missing: Did it wrap itself up? No Spoilers

I have the 10 episodes of Missing sitting on my Tivo and I'm trying to decide if I should watch it. Without giving anything specific about the show away, can you tell me if the main story line wraps itself up by the end of the season?

I really don't want to waste 7.5 hours watching a show that going to be open ended and is already cancelled. I don't need every single little thread tied up completely but I really don't want to bother if the main plot line remains unresolved by the end of the season/series.

Thanks
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Shaunnick

Hard to say without spoilering, but I will say this:

The season's story arc ends cleanly.

Character arcs are a different story, but there is definitely a resolution to the main plot of the first season.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
You'll get rather good closure on pretty much everything if you stop watching the finale about a minute before it otherwise ends. They threw in a cliffhanger at the very end of the episode to start the next season. It's not that major and easily ignored given the rest of the show, but if you want a completely clean series, keep that in mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Yes, the main plotline is wrapped up. They did try and add a twist, obviously to set up another season which won't happen, but as others have said, easily ignored.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
NYHeel

That works for me. I'll probably give it a shot sometime this summer. I can always just pretend to disregard the last few minutes.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
jeff92k7

Yeah. It was wrapped up with a nice little, syrupy bow at the end, excepting the last minute or two. You'll definitely know when you can turn it off. There's a very obvious scene change at that point.

For those that have seen it, my wife and I explained the cliffhanger this way since it won't be coming back for another season:
Spoiler:
She was playing a practical joke. They cut the camera off right before she jumped out from around the corner and said "gotcha". That was our way of keeping it as a happy ending.

jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
Yeah. It was wrapped up with a nice little, syrupy bow at the end, excepting the last minute or two. You'll definitely know when you can turn it off. There's a very obvious scene change at that point.

For those that have seen it, my wife and I explained the cliffhanger this way since it won't be coming back for another season:
Spoiler:
She was playing a practical joke. They cut the camera off right before she jumped out from around the corner and said "gotcha". That was our way of keeping it as a happy ending.
I had a separate interpretation for my own happy ending:
Spoiler:
She faked herself gone so she could have a relationship with Giancarlo who she really wanted to be with.