TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
hitthepacecar
Caveman Engineer

THR22-100 not pausing or recording NHL

Odd thing last night watching Bruins on NBC sports/venus I could not pause live. Tried recording nothing. It eseems to hang the unit also. Game was also on nesn, samething this was in HD. Note it was 3/27/12 GAME against Tampa bay.
hitthepacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
hitthepacecar
Caveman Engineer

Angry Update multipe channels doing this now.

More oddity NBCSC (603) some shows can buffer, record and pause now but other not only infomercials.... But 3 or 5 locals doing it also.... Had to come into work so, restarted the THR22-100 and I'll recheck when I get home... I only have had the unit for three days (3) after waiting 3 years for the damn thing....
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
hitthepacecar
Caveman Engineer

Appears to working but had to fix season passes

We got home last night, I checked all the channels with both tuners and all worked as they should of.... But I checked my to do list and some of my season passes were not going to record new shows.... WTFO? I went thru all my season passes, via modify season pass didn't change anything, exit via done with season pass, then the missing show/recording were now scheduled to be recorded... Technology nothing like it, I remember the time when you only had 3 channels and you can only watch what your parents were watching.... and that it was in B+W....

I believe my issue was TIVO service and TIVO guide issue. When I got the unit on a Saturday it took the tech several calls to Directv to get the DVR service activated and I tried to use phone connection for service downloads... Plus after half hour use on Saturday there was software update which required a reboot, nice unit but like must PCs takes a long time to reboot and ready for use....

And last note in trying to get a TIVO DVR from Directv.... I order over the phone, order a TIVO HD DVR (got for free), my account send I order a TIVO, but the confirm email said only a DVR???? First install appointment Directv's tech's work order send HD DVR not a TIVO. Tech called Directv to fix order it was but it was fine on the their end not tech's end????? Second same issue but I got the same tech and he knew I want TIVO HD DVR and had one with him..... another couple phone calls all fixed..... But the whole time the tech's is giving me the sales pitch the TIVO unit is old tech, the home HD DVR is the same crap.... and the "warehouse" does let carry any of the TIVOs on our trucks, the warehouse needs a work order with TIVO called out on it. WTFO? I'm sorry TIVO has a better user interface is nothing like Directv's DVR par non....

give a a wrench I'll got work on my 1966 mustang no electronic crap to mess anything up. Technology the new drug.......

Last edited by hitthepacecar : 03-29-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
toyboy62

I had a similar issue with mine. It was not channel specific but one of the tuners would not buffer. I finally rebooted the machine from scratch and everything seems to be working now. There seems to be many bugs in the new system and I am doubting they are going to fix any of them. I had to older Direct TV Tivo that worked great (except drive failures... to be expected) and the software was much more stable and useful. The new Tivo is a step backwards in software but we have no choice if you the the user interface, which we do, as the DTV one sucks.
toyboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote