TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Idearat

House finale 5-21-12

The first hour's walk down memory lane was mildly entertaining. What I didn't expect was that was going to be the best of the two hours.

It was fun hearing Hugh Laurie's real voice while he walked around with people in House's world. More fun than watching all the Ghosts of Houses past stroll by and tell him what was wrong with his life.

We now know how House figured out to be with Wilson for his last 5 months, and it seemed like a way he might have done it. I might have enjoyed that bit if I hadn't had to sit through the extended dream sequence before. But I did wonder for a little while whether the whole thing was planned as his exit strategy. That would make sense given his penchant for elaborate pranks, but then he wouldn't likely have been in a long heroin induced dream in the middle of it.

If he didn't plan it and inserted an already dead body in the building, then he had to wake up from the dream at just the right time, figure out who the conveniently located other body was after the fact and swap records, all while not being seen.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
jehma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
If he didn't plan it and inserted an already dead body in the building, then he had to wake up from the dream at just the right time, figure out who the conveniently located other body was after the fact and swap records, all while not being seen.
That was my take on it. I didn't even consider that he had planned the whole thing, given the overly long dream sequence where he seemed to be deciding whether to live or die.

I didn't love it. I thought he was going to run or die and this makes perfect sense. I was happy with the resolution, but I found that much of the episode dragged. I did like that they were able to show what happened to his team after the fact and that Foreman knew he was alive.

I loved hearing his real voice in the recap episode. It was interesting and better done than some of the others I've seen.
jehma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
mwhip
All better

Yeah I didn't get it either.

Why was he in the warehouse? Drug seeking? Or did he go there seeking his patient and then set the fire to kill him knowing the guy was dying as it was? What and when did he plan all this? Why did he pass out?

I did guess it though I figured they were going to do a "Shawshank" but I thought they would flee the US. Wilson to live out his days and House to practice medicine in a more "free" enviroment.

I guess they really did tick off Lisa Edelstein. Can't even get her to show up to his funeral or a dream sequence.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

It's quite clear to me that the ARE on a break!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
jehma

*snicker*
House Finale Review: Everybody Dies — of Boredom
http://www.tvguide.com/News/House-Fi...w-1047864.aspx
Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
zalusky

Did anybody else think that Sela Ward had a cold in the first scenes. Her voice did not sound right at all.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Did anybody else think that Sela Ward had a cold in the first scenes. Her voice did not sound right at all.
I did notice that. I also was thinking if this show was shot around April that means Anne Dudek had a baby 4-8 weeks before that and she looked great.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
jehma

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
At first I didn't think it was her because she sounded so strange.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

W. T. F.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.

Quote:
He didn't need to figure out who the other body was, since he knew it was his heroin-addicted patient.
ThePennyDropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I guess they really did tick off Lisa Edelstein. Can't even get her to show up to his funeral or a dream sequence.
That was a huge hole in the show, I was very disappointed they couldn't work it out, she was such a huge part of the show and for her to just be absent was jarring. I can understand how this kind of thing can happen, but it was pretty glaring
Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Even with Cuddy, this would have been the worst final I had ever seen.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePennyDropped View Post
He didn't need to figure out who the other body was, since he knew it was his heroin-addicted patient.
I'd missed that part, my mind had wandered too far.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Then again, for all we know, right after that last scene...

A police blockade is waiting to pick up House - he may have had everybody else fooled, but Cuddy knows better (and yes, I am aware that she wasn't at the funeral, but she must have heard about House's "death").

While House is serving time in some New Jersey prison, Wilson becomes one of the first patients at the new cancer research center formerly known as Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital; now that House is no longer there, there really isn't a reason for whoever that was in the first season who offered the hospital something like half a billion dollars to turn it into a cancer research hospital with the one proviso being that they get rid of House's department (House may be worth turning that amount of money down...but Chase?) to make a return.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
mwhip
All better

There is a post mortem Q&A with Shore up at TVLine

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/house-s...estions-cuddy/

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Then again, for all we know, right after that last scene...

A police blockade is waiting to pick up House - he may have had everybody else fooled, but Cuddy knows better ...
And with cops chasing after them, House and Wilson are riding side by side, holding hands as they fly off the edge of a conveniently located canyon.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
jehma

Quote:
And with cops chasing after them, House and Wilson are riding side by side, holding hands as they fly off the edge of a conveniently located canyon.
That's pretty much what I was envisioning for the finale.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
swizzlest
Furry Cat Feet!

Yeah, this episode pretty much blew.

House...going out not with a bang, with with a whimper....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-DaveBogart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- IndyJones1023
te amo, xbox. Gamertag = swizzlest
swizzlest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
inaka

Well, I for one liked the finale.
*ducks and runs*

I also really like the special where House and Wilson got to shoot up the actual sets with paint balls.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.

Don't worry; you're not alone.
ThePennyDropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
RichardHead
Musical Klutz

I enjoyed both the Swan Song and the finale. I was glad to see House got rid of his crotch rocket and had a touring bike ... of sorts.

I hope he cashed out his stuff before 'dying'.

Sent from my MB865
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I too felt like it had a big Cuddy-shaped hole in the episode. Even if you aren't a "Huddy" shipper, it still felt like the episode was missing a lot for her not to appear or even be spoke of.

I also thought the ending was a little less than satisfying. Yes, it's a nice happy thought to see House going off and spending Wilson's last few months with him. But for a character like House not to have Wilson, nor to have the medical puzzles to solve anymore, it practically screams the question - "what then?" And leaving that giant question unanswered is, as I said, not very satisfying. I'm not asking for everything to be tied up in a nice little bow, but that's a lot to leave hanging out there.

I liked seeing Cutner, Amber, Stacy, and Cameron again, though.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I also thought the ending was a little less than satisfying. Yes, it's a nice happy thought to see House going off and spending Wilson's last few months with him. But for a character like House not to have Wilson, nor to have the medical puzzles to solve anymore, it practically screams the question - "what then?" And leaving that giant question unanswered is, as I said, not very satisfying. I'm not asking for everything to be tied up in a nice little bow, but that's a lot to leave hanging out there.
Always leave your crowd wanting more...
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Even with Cuddy, this would have been the worst final I had ever seen.
You must've missed the series finale of M*A*S*H.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

I was pretty underwhelmed by this.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

I enjoyed the Dead Poets Society reference.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #27
ncsercs
DirecTivo fan.......

Anne Dudek was incredibly good looking in this.

Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of consecutive
days I've stayed alive. - George Carlin - 1996

1 TiVo Series3 / 1 DTV H24 / 2 DTV HR24
ncsercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #28
Worf

Yeah, the Swan Song was the better of the two hours. Heck, who didn't like them paintballing up the set?

I found the ending cliche'd and rushed. It just seemed like a big cop-out given the buildup over the past several episodes, only to be rushed into an lame ending, repeating every tired series cliche available to screenwriters. Bonus points for anyone who finds out how many TVTropes entries there are for the ending. I'll even allow the Swan Song to be used.

I think House (the TV series, not the character) deserved a better ending.

Of course, I wonder how long until some tired Fox exec decides that hey, they can now do a "reimagining" as [C]hase, M.D. :P. I say maybe 5 years.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #29
jschuur
TV-holic, improving

Wait, Wilson was real?

Huh.

"Why do I have to watch a French movie?! I didn't do anything wrong!" - Phil Dunphy
jschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #30
tiams

Terrible finale. It would have been much more moving if House had died in the fire and left Wilson alone. Or if we could have seen them run off together in the beginning, have a great time on the lamb for 5 months, then Wilson die with House by his side and House commit suicide after. Or if House had to assist Wilson in his suicide when the cancer got bad.

Plus there were plot holes galore.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote