TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Doggie Bear

"Hawaii 5-0" OAD 11/19/2012

Yikes, didn't think they'd actually kill off the hacker teen . . . and then making it clear that it was a torture-murder. Eeeeeesh.

Nice to see Carlo Roto (aka Chloe's husband in "24") back on the small screen, and against type to boot. Then again, he got chicked by Grace Park. My wife asked, "What kind of special forces operative is he that he can't beat her up?"

I said, "I guess in the world of the show, being a South African special forces guy is not the same as being a U.S. martial artist."

I know it's kind of hard to take Grace Park seriously as a badass hand-to-hand fighter because she's so slender, but I do get a kick out of watching her character beat the crap out of the bad guys.
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
JYoung
Series 3

Yeah, that last fight was "a tad" unrealistic.
As was McGarrett doing the "drag behind the truck" with a vest and a t-shirt.

I also loved Kono's magic Surface (trademarked product placement by Microsoft) that could get a net connection out in the middle of nowhere.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote