Does anyone experience sound dropouts with their Elite? My sound sporadically drops out when I'm performing any of the following:
- When I first turn on my devices. The TiVo is always on so I turn on the TV, then my BluRay Home Theater and then I select the input for TiVo (which is all HDMI). When all is up and running, there's no sound and I wind up having to power everything off and start again. One night I had to do it 7 times for the sound to finally come on.
- When I stop fast forwarding or rewinding. Sometimes after a couple of minutes the sound comes back but most of the time I have to either power everything off then on or switch channels. So weird.
- When I press the TiVo button and get to the menu.
- When I press Zoom or Live TV to get out of the TiVo menu.
- After returning from any of the Manage Recordings & Downloads submenus.
- Sometimes while I'm watching a live or recorded program, the sound will just drop out. Sometimes I think maybe it was in the broadcast but the sound never comes back until I either switch channels or power off then on. When I resume where I was if it were a recorded program, the sound was always there and it was not a broadcast glitch.
- When I press Play for a recorded program.
- When if I mute the sound and when I unmute the sound doesn't come back.
- If and when after I've either watched a DVD on my BluRay or watched an AllShare file from my computer onto my TV and I then switch to the cable input to watch TiVo, there's no sound.
Everytime the sound drops out, and that's been a bunch of times, I always test everything else. The TV is fine on it's own, my BluRay player plays DVDs with sound but it's when I engage the TiVo that things get wacky. I have a cable card w/Cablevision (yuck but it's the only option I have.)