TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #91
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I've been debating this topic for a while, wondering if spoiler tags would rule the day...for those who read the books, you can laugh at the posts and shake your head about our stupidity

to those who did not read the books: what do you think will happen next?

1. Will Stannis win? if so, what will happen to Joffrey and - more importantly - Tyrion?

2. Will Arya get to Robb in time to warn him? Will Tywin finally win one?

3. Will the bastard get to Winterfell and bring Theon to Robb?

4. You know someone will die. Probably more than one. Who do you think will die this weekend?

my answers:

1. The firewater thing might save the day for Tyrion. Joffrey will not die and neither will Tyrion.

2. No. Arya will not get there in time. Robb will lose the battle.

3. Yes. The men will abandon Theon, who will be brought before a pissed-off Robb.

4. Tywin and Stannis will die. Theon, of course.

any questions I didn't ask? what are your answers?
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #92
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Actually, not sure who will die, but I bet the season ends during the seige at Kings Landing, so we won't know who will win until next season.

Finally watched. While not the most exciting episode, it was clearly a setup for the final two weeks, which from the previews look amazing. Still better than 99.9% of what is on TV. The hour goes by so quickly, as has the past 8 weeks worth of episodes.

Comments:
I saw right away that it wasn't Shae that Cierci brought out. And I smiled knowing that Tyion still could play the game, since his whore was still safe. But I imagine she's going to get smuggled out of town.

Arya is still my favorite character. She's so smart and cunning and tough as nails.

Jon Snow is an idiot, and he's beginning to annoy me. He's been impulsive since the first season, and it's not any different. I knew he'd do something that would get others killed.

Anyone cheer when you saw the scene at the end where the two Stark brothers were alive. I kept saying....good....good. Does Theon know that the tarred bodies are not them? That was unclear to me.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #93
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I've been debating this topic for a while, wondering if spoiler tags would rule the day...for those who read the books, you can laugh at the posts and shake your head about our stupidity
Ha ha ha ha ha!

So hard for me. I've just given up posting on these threads altogether.

All I can say is YOUR MIND WILL BE BLOWN!

Heehee.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #94
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Does Theon know that the tarred bodies are not them? That was unclear to me.
My guess is that Theon's hand (not sure of his name) wants him to believe they are the Stark boys so he'll think he's at the point of no return.
goblue97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #95
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
My guess is that Theon's hand (not sure of his name) wants him to believe they are the Stark boys so he'll think he's at the point of no return.
really? I think Theon is fully aware of the ruse and did it himself. The boys would have been captured alive (it's not like they had weapons) and brought before Theon. There is no doubt in my mind that Theon killed the farmer boys to save face.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #96
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Pretty sure Theon knows it isn't them. I thought the conversation where he's attempting to give Dagmer gold to pass off to the farmer for his... uh troubles made that clear.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #97
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I think Tyrion will create a burning field where troops that land will get caught. he will cover the landing site with pigcrap and then light it up with his firewater.

Sorry, I'm too anxious about next sunday and can't help but speculate!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #98
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
1. Will Stannis win? if so, what will happen to Joffrey and - more importantly - Tyrion?
4. You know someone will die. Probably more than one. Who do you think will die this weekend?
My answers:
1. I don't see how Stannis can lose at this point, at least the battle for King's Landing. Unless that wildfire is used by Tyrion smartly. All I know is Tyrion CANNOT die.
2. Tywin is going to attack Robb with a handful of men, no? I don't see how he wins this. I'd like Robb to remain undefeated.
3. I already know this because I asked about Theon/Robb to book readers so I'm staying quiet.
4. Oh gosh, I don't know who will die. I just know the ones I want to die will surely live to piss me off another day. It makes for good story, I suppose.

Quote:
my answers:
1. The firewater thing might save the day for Tyrion. Joffrey will not die and neither will Tyrion.
2. No. Arya will not get there in time. Robb will lose the battle.
3. Yes. The men will abandon Theon, who will be brought before a pissed-off Robb.
4. Tywin and Stannis will die. Theon, of course.
My reply to your thoughts:
1. Wildfire. You made me look it up to be sure because that didn't sound right in my ears. I agree neither will die.
2. I don't think Arya will get there in time but I think Robb will still end up victorious. However his new girlfriend could end up collateral damange.
4. Tywin will probably die, leaving Tyrion the HBIC hopefully with many many more imp-slamps (tm tivoboyjr) to come next season. I don't know if I think Theon will die but it's possible. I don't think Stannis will die. I HOPE Davos doesn't take a blade for him though.

Quote:
Actually, not sure who will die, but I bet the season ends during the seige at Kings Landing, so we won't know who will win until next season.
We have 2 episodes left. Previews indicates the battle is next. I can't see them spreading that out 2 entire episodes but I suppose they could. I'll be disappointed if we don't have an outcome of some sort before going to break.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #99
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Pretty sure Theon knows it isn't them. I thought the conversation where he's attempting to give Dagmer gold to pass off to the farmer for his... uh troubles made that clear.
At first I thought the gold was for helping them capture the Stark boys. You're way makes sense as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #100
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

We have 2 episodes left. Previews indicates the battle is next. I can't see them spreading that out 2 entire episodes but I suppose they could. I'll be disappointed if we don't have an outcome of some sort before going to break.
Only reason I say there will be a siege is they've spent an awful lot of time talking about sieges. Both Stannis and Tyrion have talked about it. So I'm just going on my "TV intelligence" to reach that conclusion.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #101
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Jon Snow is an idiot...
He's not an idiot. He just knows nothing, Jon Snow.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #102
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys
I think Tyrion will create a burning field where troops that land will get caught. he will cover the landing site with pigcrap and then light it up with his firewater.

Sorry, I'm too anxious about next sunday and can't help but speculate!
I don't think that they will literally use pig crap, that statement referred to Bron's comment when they were looking at the jars of wildfire.

As for the speculations, it is fun to read them since I suspect we thought some of the same things as we read the books. It's not a spoiler to say that the next two episodes should be amazing. I've been looking forward to the next episode all season.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #103
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I love reading posts with lots of speculation like Anubys's because sometimes for a short time I recapture the frisson of not having any idea what was coming... so many possibilities! Very exciting.

However, I'm not sad that I read the books first. There's much fun to be had this way as well and I'm not sure I could take it (certainly right now when work is absolutely crushing me, the last thing I need is to be daydreaming about next week's GoT!)
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #104
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I love reading posts with lots of speculation like Anubys's because sometimes for a short time I recapture the frisson of not having any idea what was coming... so many possibilities! Very exciting.

However, I'm not sad that I read the books first. There's much fun to be had this way as well and I'm not sure I could take it (certainly right now when work is absolutely crushing me, the last thing I need is to be daydreaming about next week's GoT!)
I was thinking the exact opposite! I'm glad I don't know what's coming up so I will enjoy the show and the surprises!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #105
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
I was thinking the exact opposite! I'm glad I don't know what's coming up so I will enjoy the show and the surprises!
For me, this.

I have three guys at various stages of reading the books here at work and we speculate and discuss each episode without giving away spoilers. However, I do get "well, they did this different from the book" and sometimes reasons for it, which is also interesting.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #106
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Tyrion will live and he will probably save Joffrey. I think the wildfire will be able to hold off Stannis' army thus creating the siege of a (possibly decimated) King's Landing

Quote:
I don't see Arya getting safely to Robb, her life seems to be the "Perils of Pauline" (or maybe the "Adventures of Arya")

Quote:
Yup and since Robb knows that "The one who passes sentence must carry it out" we will be treated to the scene of Robb beheading someone he considered "Almost a brother"

Quote:
Number 1 is the Night's watchman with Jon (that's a layup). Tywin, unlikely, Stannis maybe, Davos likely, Brianne likely

Quote:
What happens to Jamie and Brianne?

I think they arrive in King's landing shortly before Stannis' army, and get seperated in the chaos, Jamie helps save his brother and ummm "nephew", Brianne goes after Stannis and gets Davos instead.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #107
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

I want to say to all the non-bookreaders: "You know nothing Jon Snow."

audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

It's definitely going to be interesting to see if they diverge from the books.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #109
cherry ghost

Seems like no one cares what happens to Dany and the dragons
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #110
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
I assumed he gave it her when he visited Winterfell with the King (early in Season 1). Ros is reputed to be awesome in bed and Tyrion is usually drunk when at a whorehouse.
Was Ros the whore that was Theon's favorite, who he saw off when she was on the cart to King's Landing?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #111
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience View Post

My wife keeps saying things like "I hope he gets it in the battle." or what not and it is very difficult to not say "Well actually..."

I can't resist saying things like "Well you don't...yet" when she says something like "Do we know who that person is?"
Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #112
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
"The Mother of Dragons will be with her baebies!"

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #113
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Was Ros the whore that was Theon's favorite, who he saw off when she was on the cart to King's Landing?
Yes. And Theon told Tyrion to visit her as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #114
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merkin View Post
That was a fine arse indeed! To bad it was Shea (Sibel Kekilli) and not her who made pr0n movies...
Off to the internets!

Touching on what someone else has said, I am said to see there has been little Dany love so far this season. Her story gets better, I promise. Surely no one considers that a spoiler?
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #115
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Touching on what someone else has said, I am said to see there has been little Dany love so far this season. Her story gets better, I promise. Surely no one considers that a spoiler?
SPOILER! SPOILER!

I have love for Dany but they are dragging their feet on telling her story, which I fully get... there are just so many characters to tell the story of in just 10 episodes. I just wish they had spent less time showing her in the vast Dothroki desert before getting to Qarth. Either way, I still have much love for Jorah although I just know he's never gonna get what he wants from her. He'll probably die protecting her. Once she and her babies finally make it across to Westeros that should be super fun!!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #116
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I just can't wait until they get to the part where Jaime finally realizes what a %@^$ Cersei is, and dumps her for Tyrion.

Quote:
I have love for Dany but they are dragging their feet on telling her story, which I fully get... there are just so many characters to tell the story of in just 10 episodes. I just wish they had spent less time showing her in the vast Dothroki desert before getting to Qarth.
Be glad this isn't the books, where a lot less of her story gets dragged out a lot more.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #117
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Will Stannis win? if so, what will happen to Joffrey and - more importantly - Tyrion?
Even if Tyrion dies at this point in the books (which I seriously doubt) there's no way they're killing him off in the TV show. He's the reason many (most?) people watch.

Quote:
imp-slamps (tm tivoboyjr)
I don't have the trademark on that. I saw it somewhere and it cracked me up and stuck with me. Glad you like it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I grew to like Dany in season one, but this season she's all "I want a ship!" and "I want my dragons!" and not much else. Qarth seems very Qartoonish to me so that hasn't been a very compelling storyline, either.

I also have to admit that I'm one of those people who doesn't like to see too much "magic" and such on the show. That's the one thing that could cause me to tune out. So far, the balance has been just right, but the dragons could change that. I see this show as a medieval version of The Sopranos and like it that way. If it's dueling wizards, witches and dragons, I'll lose interest really fast. So from that perspective, I'm OK with the dragons staying lost - though I am sure they will be found.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #118
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Dany this year has turned into her brother. That may change in the future, but I do groan when I see her on screen now. Of course, that could easily be remedied with some nudity

I'd like for Stannis to die only because it would take away the only legit contender to the throne. That would make next season even more chaotic (fun!).

Bron is too awesome a character for George to have killed off in the books. But then again, he killed off Yoren without second thought...
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #119
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
He's not an idiot. He just knows nothing, Jon Snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience View Post

Grrr. I like spoilers better than this.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #120
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
Even if Tyrion dies at this point in the books (which I seriously doubt) there's no way they're killing him off in the TV show. He's the reason many (most?) people watch.

I don't have the trademark on that. I saw it somewhere and it cracked me up and stuck with me. Glad you like it, too.

I grew to like Dany in season one, but this season she's all "I want a ship!" and "I want my dragons!" and not much else. Qarth seems very Qartoonish to me so that hasn't been a very compelling storyline, either.

I also have to admit that I'm one of those people who doesn't like to see too much "magic" and such on the show. That's the one thing that could cause me to tune out. So far, the balance has been just right, but the dragons could change that. I see this show as a medieval version of The Sopranos and like it that way. If it's dueling wizards, witches and dragons, I'll lose interest really fast. So from that perspective, I'm OK with the dragons staying lost - though I am sure they will be found.
Like Sean Bean?