TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Cox AZ Tivo/Tribune changing feed listings

TiVo and Tribune Media have received 4 incorrect channel line-up changes within the last week, changing from East to Pacific. Zap2it.com (Tribune Media) is showing the wrong feed, while tvguide.com is showing the correct feed. CoxAZ uses a mix of both East and Pacific feeds for their HD channels.

Where does Tribune Media get this erroneous info?

USAHD (East) was erroneously changed to USAHDP (Pacific) on 3/2/12, Today it was changed back to East, which is correct.

SYFYHD (East) was erroneously changed to SYFYHDP (Pacific) today 03/07/12
BRAVOHD (East) was erroneously changed to BRAVOHP (Pacific) today 03/07/12
HMCHD (East) was erroneously changed to HMCHDP (Pacific) in Feb, and was not corrected until 03/03/12

I did submit reports at TiVo but this is frustrating, how often does this happen?
http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...neup_tool.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 03-08-2012 at 01:53 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Cactus Bill

I went ahead and submitted a report to Tivo as well. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get Million Dollar Listing to record even when I set it a second time. Now that I know the issue, I can set up manual recordings to catch what I want until they fix the listings. I can deal with that - For me, the most frustrating issue with Cox Phoenix remains that we're not getting the plus package channels.
Cactus Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Bill View Post
I went ahead and submitted a report to Tivo as well. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get Million Dollar Listing to record even when I set it a second time. Now that I know the issue, I can set up manual recordings to catch what I want until they fix the listings. I can deal with that - For me, the most frustrating issue with Cox Phoenix remains that we're not getting the plus package channels.
Cox and TiVo have a fix for the Plus Package channels. TiVo is currently beta testing with customers. If you have a stock non upgraded HDD in your TiVo Premiere email margret at tivo and ask to participate. You will most likely get the software update slated for Spring also. It is an NDA beta so no discussion.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #4
tivogurl

In the meantime, I had to recreate (some into ARWLs) all of my Syfy and USA SPs because TiVo didn't automatically migrate them to the new channel. In fact, in the change from USAHD to USAHDP back to USAHD, I now had a USAHD SP (same channel number) that couldn't match anything on USAHD. A new USAHD SP got the shows right, however.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #5
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

SYFYHD and BRAVOHD still have not been fixed. The feed never changed to Pacific (and most likely won't).

I am just setting up manual recordings, because the listings do not match the actual feed. Hopefully Tribune fixes the listings soon.

Remember DST begins today for the rest of the country, so now it is Pacific Time in AZ

Cox channel listings:
http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/ariz...v-listings.cox

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 03-11-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
tivogurl

Dang, I didn't notice that the listings for Syfy were 3 hours off! Missed Lost Girl and Being Human tonight.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

SYFYHD and BRAVOHD listings have been fixed and are now back to the East feed listings.

But all the Season Passes on these channels are now still the Pacific feed, with no Option to change except to the SD channel.

EDIT:
Got it fixed, I went into Season Pass Manager,
selected a Pass,
selected Change recording options,
then selected Record Season Pass with these options, but did not change any options, just clicked through.

and it automatically changed from Pacific back to East.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 03-13-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
mcsands59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Cox and TiVo have a fix for the Plus Package channels. TiVo is currently beta testing with customers. If you have a stock non upgraded HDD in your TiVo Premiere email margret at tivo and ask to participate. You will most likely get the software update slated for Spring also. It is an NDA beta so no discussion.
Are you able to provide Margret's email? I sent a request to TiVo's beta team, and received a response saying that I had been misinformed, i.e. there is not beta patch for the Plus Package channels being tested. I figured I might have better luck if I email Margret directly, but I don't have her contact info.
mcsands59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsands59 View Post
Are you able to provide Margret's email? I sent a request to TiVo's beta team, and received a response saying that I had been misinformed, i.e. there is not beta patch for the Plus Package channels being tested. I figured I might have better luck if I email Margret directly, but I don't have her contact info.
It is just her first name @ tivo dot com.
rcobourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

This time the change is real, Cox has changed the feeds from East to Pacific.

Season Passes will need to be updated.

1028 - USAHD feed changed to USAHDP (Pacific)
1050 - SYFYHD feed changed to SYFYHDP (Pacific)
1060 - BRAVOHD feed changed to BRAVOHP (Pacific)
1128 - HMCHD feed changed to HMCHDP (Pacific)

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 04-11-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
This time the change is real, Cox has changed the feeds from East to Pacific.

Season Passes will need to be updated.

1028 - USAHD feed changed to USAHDP (Pacific)
1050 - SYFYHD feed changed to SYFYHDP (Pacific)
1060 - BRAVOHD feed changed to BRAVOHP (Pacific)
1128 - HMCHD feed changed to HMCHDP (Pacific)
Many thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
tivogurl

My cablecard lost authorization to those 4 channels (and only those 4) tonight. Got a "channel not available" message for them. Rebooting the TA and TiVo, plus some "signals" from the CSR, was needed to fix it. Naturally the TiVo was silent about this. I only noticed because when I went to fix my SPs for USA and Syfy it asked for picture quality, which it shouldn't do for HD channels! So watch out for this, people.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

Despite the heads up I did nothing but delete the message on the TiVo about the lineup change. The TiVo seemed to handle my SP for Psych just fine though, and I think all the guide data looked correct, although with so many episodes of NCIS on it was hard to be sure.

IOW, you probably don't have to do anything about this lineup change.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
tivogurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn View Post
IOW, you probably don't have to do anything about this lineup change.
YMMV. My TiVo HD hasn't handled any of Cox's East/West lineup changes. Not one SP got migrated over, I've had to do it manually, and replace some SPs with ARWLs if the show didn't have any episodes available.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Cactus Bill

Fortunately, my SPs migrated automatically on my premiere. I wish we got Eastern feeds rather than Pacific for most channels, but what can you do. Especially when we're on Mountain time in the winter, it means the shows can start pretty late in the evening.
Cactus Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

FXHD listings change Error?

TiVo got a listing change today for FXHD, I believe this is another error.

1027 - FXPHD (Pacific) was changed to FXHD (East) - feed is still Pacific

For as long as I can remember FXHD has always been the Pacific feed, given that recently Cox changed USA, SYFY and Bravo to Pacific, I find it hard to believe Cox would change FX to East.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #17
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

TNTPHD this time....

Again TiVo is reporting a change from Pacific to East coast feeds, another error I am sure.

1026 TNTPHD (Pacific) was changed to TNTHD (East)

Please report errors to TiVo
http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...neup_tool.html

Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
tivogurl

Quote:
Again TiVo is reporting a change from Pacific to East coast feeds, another error I am sure.
This is like playing whack-a-mole. I wonder who is giving TiVo the bad lineup information, because they keep doing it every time we get it fixed.