TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
dave13077

Shows disappear from Premiere Elite

I have had an issue happen twice in the past week. I have had 2 different shows on different days and different channels that were being recorded (I saw they were currently recording while in the My Shows folder. Then the next day when we went to watch them they were not there. They were not showing in My Shows and I also checked the recently deleted folder. It is like they didn't record at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened on a Premiere Elite (XL4) that has the Spring Update.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13077 View Post
I have had an issue happen twice in the past week. I have had 2 different shows on different days and different channels that were being recorded (I saw they were currently recording while in the My Shows folder. Then the next day when we went to watch them they were not there. They were not showing in My Shows and I also checked the recently deleted folder. It is like they didn't record at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened on a Premiere Elite (XL4) that has the Spring Update.
FIOS?
Cable provider?
With or without a Tuning Adapter?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
djwilso

Definitely check the Recording History in the To Do List to find the reason these were removed from the My Shows list.

It's possible that when the TiVo tried to record these programs that it didn't have a signal.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
FIOS?
Cable provider?
With or without a Tuning Adapter?
Time Warner Cable with the Tuning Adapter.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post
Definitely check the Recording History in the To Do List to find the reason these were removed from the My Shows list.

It's possible that when the TiVo tried to record these programs that it didn't have a signal.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of that but I did check.

For one show it said that it didn't record because other higher priorty shows were set to record. The only problem is that it listed 3 shows and since the Elite is 4 tuners I would have thought it would have recorded, this is why I got the Elite to record 4 shows at once.

The other show didn't record because there was not a signal....... My first time a show didn't record because of the fabulous Tuning Adapter ( my guess)!! I though the Premiere software had some way to retune a channel before it records. I don't know why they don't program the software to go up 2 channels and then back down 2 channels before a recording. That is what will re-tune a blank SDV channel almost 100% of the time., works for me anyway YMMV.