TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
bobdec01

One basic service (NBC) HD channel not working.gett

I have a Tivo HD on Atlanta area Comcast cable. It has one Motorola-M, Dual tuner, CableCard installed for the past two years w/o any problems. Starting a month ago one channel 806 , NBC part of the HD basic service started getting checkerboard and no signal message about 90% of the time, works on and off 10% of time.. Fails only one channel on tuner 0 or 1 within the card. Pulled the card and reseated it a couple of times, powered off the Tivo, symptoms are still the same. Is there anything I can do prior to last resort of calling Comcast, is it a bad CableCard or a week signal just showing on one channel. Is there anything I can check.. Help would be appreciated !!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Check the signal strength in DVR diagnostics. Is this channel much weaker than others? Also compare SNR and are there any RS Error counts?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
azl123

I've had several HD channels drop out when the cable provider deployed SDV "Switched Digital Video" in my area. The fix is supposed to be an external tuning adapter available from the cable provider. In my case the channels that are switching over to SDV are on a schedule available the cable provider. I saw this symptom on Series 3 Tivo, but amazingly I get the channel fine on my Series 2 analog Tivo (which has the digital box from the cable company). Hope this helps!
azl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Comcast doesn't do SDV. I've been having similar problems, except with 803 & 804. They claim there is noise on the line comping from inside. Signal strength was dropping into the 60's. I moved one of the cables and a splitter and it is in the 80's now, so who knows.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by azl123 View Post
I've had several HD channels drop out when the cable provider deployed SDV "Switched Digital Video" in my area. The fix is supposed to be an external tuning adapter available from the cable provider. In my case the channels that are switching over to SDV are on a schedule available the cable provider. I saw this symptom on Series 3 Tivo, but amazingly I get the channel fine on my Series 2 analog Tivo (which has the digital box from the cable company). Hope this helps!
the sdv channels are usually lesser watched channels
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote