TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
bobbyz110

Comcast Pricing Help

I have two tivo premieres.

I previously had Comcast two years ago and did not pay for either cable card. I switched to FIOS, and I got the first free, and the second for $2.50. I just bought a new home and FIOS is not available in the area. So... I'm going back to comcast.

I was ordering a double play, digital preferred and performance internet. They want to charge me a $9.95 HD Service Fee. They also want to charge $9.95 for the second cable card. I complained, and they lowered it to $7.45. However, that is just the $2.50 set-top box discount I should get anyways.

So my questions are:

First, Do I need the HD service fee if I am not using their boxes? or is it required to pay that fee in order to receive HD channles on my tivo.

Second, Really???? $7.45 for a cable card! Should it be cheaper? Are they trying to snake me?

I searched the forums for answers... but I couldn't find anything that specifically answered my questions.
bobbyz110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
GBL
covert opiniative

Read here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...88#post9030888

unpaid volunteer, TiVo army
GBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
bobbyz110

Thanks! So I just need word on the HD service fee. I read through that thread and it seems to flip flop on whether you need to pay the fee if you have only tivo devices.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

And that's the problem with trying to figure out what you need to pay Comcast. No one has the answer because it depends on where you live, who you get on the phone, how lucky you are and the phase on the moon.

Seriously, trying to figure out what you should be paying is almost impossible.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
bobbyz110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerock View Post
And that's the problem with trying to figure out what you need to pay Comcast. No one has the answer because it depends on where you live, who you get on the phone, how lucky you are and the phase on the moon.

Seriously, trying to figure out what you should be paying is almost impossible.
I hate comcast. I just have no other option.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
GBL
covert opiniative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz110 View Post
I hate comcast. I just have no other option.
Which area are you located in? Please post a price list for your area.

unpaid volunteer, TiVo army
GBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
a68oliver

In my market, central Indiana, there is no HD Service Fee if I use my own device/Tivo.

However, there is an Additional Digital Outlet fee ($9.95) for every device after your primary outlet. But the primary outlet and the Additional Digital Outlets include one cable card at no charge. A cablecard fee is charged only if you need more than one in the same device, ie. Tivo original Series 3.

Then, since I use my 2 Tivos instead of their set top boxes, I get the $2.50 credit for each Tivo.

As said before, YMMV depending on your local market. But I believe this is the pricing scheme they are trying to standardize on nationwide.
Tivo HD November 2007
a68oliver is offline   Reply With Quote