TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Amazon Streaming Coming to TiVo?

Is Amazon streaming headed to TiVo? I was just reading this article on Gizmodo and if you look at the graphic it shows TiVo as one of the devices with Amazon prime streaming... until you read the small print.

*Prime instant videos are not currently available on TiVo devices.

http://gizmodo.com/5912696/amazon-pr...eaming-catalog

Yet even the small print leads me to believe it may be in the works... fingers crossed!

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
Is Amazon streaming headed to TiVo? I was just reading this article on Gizmodo and if you look at the graphic it shows TiVo as one of the devices with Amazon prime streaming... until you read the small print.

*Prime instant videos are not currently available on TiVo devices.

http://gizmodo.com/5912696/amazon-pr...eaming-catalog

Yet even the small print leads me to believe it may be in the works... fingers crossed!
Eventually we will have it when Amazon applies the software resources necessary to generate the App. I have my fingers crossed that they won't take away our high quality 1080p24 downloads when they start the streaming support.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

For the 1000th time, nobody knows. Forum topic search is your friend.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Rude much?????

I know how to search thank you. Did you even read my post? I thought this was a timely topic and a possible hint of what's to come.

Sorry if that offends you in some way.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Chris Gerhard

I don't see that link as providing anything towards a claim that Amazon Prime Instant Video is going to be available with TiVo. It might be and it might not be but we already knew that and all that link provides is that Paramount Movies have been added to Amazon Prime Instant Video.

A statement from Amazon or Tivo that Amazon Prime Instant Video is coming to TiVo is the only thing that could imply the thread topic. This thead is in fact nothing more than the same we have already seen many dozens of times here. Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't work with TiVo and people will whine about that fact and ask when it will work. The answer according to this link and every other link I have seen provided so far is we don't know if or when it will happen.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I don't see that link as providing anything towards a claim that Amazon Prime Instant Video is going to be available with TiVo. It might be and it might not be but we already knew that and all that link provides is that Paramount Movies have been added to Amazon Prime Instant Video.

A statement from Amazon or Tivo that Amazon Prime Instant Video is coming to TiVo is the only thing that could imply the thread topic. This thead is in fact nothing more than the same we have already seen many dozens of times here. Amazon Prime Instant Video doesn't work with TiVo and people will whine about that fact and ask when it will work. The answer according to this link and every other link I have seen provided so far is we don't know if or when it will happen.
I agree. I dont see anything in there related to Tivo
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Chris Gerhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
I agree. I dont see anything in there related to Tivo
Chris Gerhard isn't currently dating Halle Berry. Someone can link this thread to a thread about whether or not I will soon be dating Halle Berry. I realize that factual statement isn't very compelling evidence of a future relationship between a beautiful movie star and an unknown guy that posts on a forum about a popular DVR but the way internet stories can spread like wildfire, maybe it will soon be picked up by a major news outlet and who knows what might ultimately happen.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post

I disagree. I don't think the inclusion of TiVo in the supported device graphic was done in error and I think the disclaimer was added to keep people from complaining since the service is not yet available. I do think however, that this is a good clue to this service coming down the pike... especially since so many of us have clamored for it for so long.

I was posting because I was excited to see that perhaps there was movement in that direction.

You guys are so tough on people these days. It's no wonder I lurk more than post. I miss the days when this forum was fun to be a part of.

Retired
Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
cherry ghost

A similar graphic has been on Amazon for at least a year.

cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
A similar graphic has been on Amazon for at least a year.

I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'm not as excited as I was this morning.

Retired
Old 05-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Chris Gerhard

Quote:
I disagree. I don't think the inclusion of TiVo in the supported device graphic was done in error and I think the disclaimer was added to keep people from complaining since the service is not yet available. I do think however, that this is a good clue to this service coming down the pike... especially since so many of us have clamored for it for so long.

I was posting because I was excited to see that perhaps there was movement in that direction.

You guys are so tough on people these days. It's no wonder I lurk more than post. I miss the days when this forum was fun to be a part of.
Those devices are shown as working with Amazon Instant Video and all except TiVo also work with Amazon Prime Instant Video. It is nothing new.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Gadfly

Quote:
This was uncalled for and shows that you did not even bother to read the original post. Rude indeed.
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
janry

I thought is was going to be about what was posted yesterday on the Gizmo Lover's Blog:

http://www.gizmolovers.com/

Quote:
TiVo would like to support Amazon Prime Streaming as much as users would like them to, but at this time they have nothing additional to announce.

My own take is that it is in the road map but they need developer support from Amazon to get it done. Remember the situation with Hulu Plus? Same deal. It will almost certainly happen, the question is when, but TiVo isn’t going to announce anything until there is something firmer to stand on. Like I said, that’s my read on the situation.
I'm not going to hold my breath.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
socrplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
This was uncalled for and shows that you did not even bother to read the original post. Rude indeed.
Could have been a little nicer in saying it, but too few understand the power of the search button.
That fine print has been there since the prime service was launched quite a long time ago. It is nothing new and the provided link has nothing to do with Tivo.
Here is a post from 1 year and 3 months ago with the exact wording in it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...es#post8396215
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
digdug

Quote:
And manners are your friend...do us all a favor and use them often.

I left the satellite
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #16
digdug

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrplyr View Post
Could have been a little nicer in saying it, but too few understand the power of the search button.
That fine print has been there since the prime service was launched quite a long time ago. It is nothing new and the provided link has nothing to do with Tivo.
Here is a post from 1 year and 3 months ago with the exact wording in it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...es#post8396215
To be fair, not everyone has the time to do an exhaustive search in effort to avoid offending people here. Sometimes a quick hit & run post is all time allows. Being rude and sanctimonious adds nothing constructive to anyone's already busy lives.

I left the satellite
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
DonaldBurns65144

Manners also includes a search old threads before posting new threads that have been covered many times over and thus eating up storage on servers. But hey, thanks for continuing this thread too. Just saying.
DonaldBurns65144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
I miss the days when people searched before they posted new topics. A simple search for Amazon in this forum and a quick read-through would tell you that NO ONE KNOWS when/if Prime streaming will be coming to Tivo, and there's nothing whatsoever new with what you posted. It's just another useless Amazon Prime thread, that's all.

Here's something a lot more relevant from Megazone, which shows that Tivo knows it's an issue but they might be trying to get Amazon to get going with it:

http://www.gizmolovers.com/2012/05/2...he-cable-show/

Last edited by slowbiscuit : 05-25-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

Old 05-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
lujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrplyr View Post
Could have been a little nicer in saying it, ...
There are many rude and unhelpful people in this forum when compared to the AV Science forum which has many helpful people. All I asked for was the meaning of the acronym "MRS" and no one bothered to give it to me. I only have one active TiVo so that is why I don't use MRS if I understand it as being something where you copy programs from one TiVo to another in a household?
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
lujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug View Post
To be fair, not everyone has the time to do an exhaustive search in effort to avoid offending people here. Sometimes a quick hit & run post is all time allows. Being rude and sanctimonious adds nothing constructive to anyone's already busy lives.
Very true...btw, I did a search for MRS and nothing useful came up except many other posts with MRS on it. No one has bothered to spell it out as far as I can tell.
6 DVD
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Very true...btw, I did a search for MRS and nothing useful came up except many other posts with MRS on it. No one has bothered to spell it out as far as I can tell.
Let me spell it out for you.

MRS = Multi Room Streaming
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
lujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Let me spell it out for you.

MRS = Multi Room Streaming
Thank you WhiskeyTango!
6 DVD
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA

Rude much?????

I know how to search thank you. Did you even read my post? I thought this was a timely topic and a possible hint of what's to come.

Sorry if that offends you in some way.
That is not new. It's said not currently available for QUITE some time now. You're looking at old text here.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote