TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
michael1248

New Program listed as Repeat?

Just happened to see a promo for the new Tom Selleck Jesse Stone TV movie, "Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt" and wondering why my auto-record wishlist feature didn't pick it up. Apparently, it is listed as a "Repeat" (it is new) and my auto-record feature was set for "First Run Only."

Sure enough there is no "New" label next to the show in the guide.

Programming data glitch?
michael1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
cherry ghost

what channel and day?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
michael1248

This coming Sunday 5/20, CBS at 8pm, Mountain time.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
cherry ghost

Looks like a problem with info supplied by CBS. There's no original air date listed and Zap2it also doesn't show it as new. It possibly could be updated before Sunday and your Wishlist maybe would have picked it up.

Not sure why, but it doesn't come up in a TiVo search, which is why I asked when it's on.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Looks like a problem with info supplied by CBS. There's no original air date listed and Zap2it also doesn't show it as new. It possibly could be updated before Sunday and your Wishlist maybe would have picked it up.

Not sure why, but it doesn't come up in a TiVo search, which is why I asked when it's on.
I was wondering about that. I tried searching for it last week but it didn't come up. I had to go to the future air date in the guide to setup a recording for it.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
oViTynoT
Obvious Forum Lurker

This has happened to me with a whole season of "How it's Made..." NONE of this season's episodes are marked as "New..." so my TiVo never recorded them...
oViTynoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
mattack

There is no such thing as "marked as New". There is an "original air date" field. According to what others have said, Tivos use the original air date info to determine if a show is new (so for instance, a show that aired in England a year ago will PROPERLY have an OAD of a year ago, and thus a first run only SP won't get it). If there is generic info, it will record, in case it happens to be a new show (which IMHO would be a good thing to have as a pref, "treat generic info as old".. though that would PO some people)

I am NOT sure what happened in this particular case. Did you check the Recording History for this Sunday before manually scheduling it to record?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
michael1248

I disagree. Many "New" shows have the yellow "new" label next to them...in the guide data and in the My Shows list.

Jesse Stone still has no "new" flag, nor does it have an original air date listed.

Recording history stated it as a repeat.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1248 View Post
I disagree. Many "New" shows have the yellow "new" label next to them...in the guide data and in the My Shows list.

Jesse Stone still has no "new" flag, nor does it have an original air date listed.

Recording history stated it as a repeat.
What he's saying is that TiVo doesn't record according to the New label, but by the Original Air Date. Not sure why history shows it as a repeat, because without an OAD TiVo shouldn't think it's a repeat. I still say the fault is with the info being given by CBS.

Just curious, how is your Wishlist set up, a specific title or actor?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
michael1248

Wishlist was set up as "Jesse Stone" on auto-record new programs only, but I changed it to include new and repeats due to the glitch. The movies don't air too often so, having a few show up on my To Do list every now and then was no big deal.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
mattack

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe Premieres do act differently. The way I described it is how everyone has said it has worked for all previous Tivos (and does seem to match user noticeable behavior).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
nrc
Cracker Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe Premieres do act differently. The way I described it is how everyone has said it has worked for all previous Tivos (and does seem to match user noticeable behavior).
That does stilll seem to be the case for recordings. The question is, what is the visible "New" tag keying on that causes it to tag the program as "New" when the recording mechanism does not?

Not entirely square
nrc is offline   Reply With Quote