randomize

Survivor - 5/13/12 - The Finale

Very deserving winner. So, was it 7-2?

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
LordKronos

It had to have been 7-2. I can't imagine Jeff not making it as dramatic at possible, and I don't believe there's any precedent for him not to do so.

Even though this was a somewhat lackluster season, I'm fairly happy with the ending because, for a change, I thought all 3 of the finalists were pretty good candidates (though I'm surprised Chelsea seemed to fare so poorly...guess I didn't see the bitch side they all referred to so much).

For the reunion, I wish we could have heard a lot of booing for Colton. That guy is just trash. And listening to his mother up there saying "he's not like that"...we'll surprise mom. Even the mothers of murderers often say "he's not lie that...he's a good boy". At least Alicia seemed to honestly be ashamed of herself (not that it makes me think much better of her...still think she's a piece of trash) but Colton's apology felt like a bunch of crap
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize

Yeah, Bill nailed it when he basically said that there was no reason (game wise) to make those comments when it was just 1-on-1 with the camera.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
bryhamm
randomize

and who knew that Kat had the most mature speech in her.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Langree
The Gimp

Ya, you don't "own up" to things you say and "apologize" and say "but...." to excuse the behavior.

He's a hateful little brat, who seemingly didn't learn much.

Mommy excusing him only made it worse.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
LordKronos

About he previews for next season
Spoiler:
They better not even THINK of making Colton one of the 3 returning

Old 05-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Langree
The Gimp

Watching a little behind, Bill looks like he should be backing Gladys Knight..
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
About he previews for next season
Spoiler:
They better not even THINK of making Colton one of the 3 returning
Spoiler:
I think he will be, as Jeff hinted at it when interviewing Blossom (WTF?) I thought that allof the contestants would be medical casualties, but it's only three. I am still hoping for a season consisting solely of first-voted-out contestants.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
Watching a little behind, Bill looks like he should be backing Gladys Knight..
He was a cross between Vernon Reid (from Living Colour) and high-80s Prince...

Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It had to have been 7-2. I can't imagine Jeff not making it as dramatic at possible, and I don't believe there's any precedent for him not to do so.
Not only that but he asked everyone who voted for Kim to raise their hands, and only Troyzan and Leif did not.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
nyny523
Oy

Ok, this is the first time I have watched Survivor in years so this is going to sound like a dumb question.

When did they start sending the final 3 to the jury? I always remembered a final 2 at the jury. Why would they change it??
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Ok, this is the first time I have watched Survivor in years so this is going to sound like a dumb question.

When did they start sending the final 3 to the jury? I always remembered a final 2 at the jury. Why would they change it??
The first time they had 3 was in the Cook Islands in 2006. They have had a final 3 a number of times since then. I guess they think it is supposed to add more drama? But usually the votes go between 2 of the people and the 3rd one gets no votes, so I don't think it really does.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #13
cherry ghost

Why is Probst allowed to tell Alicia she's untying the bags of her competitors? I hate when he inserts himself in challenges like that.

I wish he had asked during the reunion what the plan would have been had Kim not won the last immunity challenge.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
laria
Librocubicularist

I looked it up, they have done a final 3 in:

2006 - Cook Islands
2007 - Fiji
2007 - China
2008 - Gabon
2009 - Samoa
2010 - Heroes vs. Villains
2010 - Nicaragua
2011 - Redemption Island
2011 - South Pacific
2012 - One World
Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
nyny523
Oy

Thanks laria!

And I think a final 3 is dumb. A final 2 has more suspense, IMO...
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I missed Kat's speech (lost antennal signal, grrr). What were some of the key things she said?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #17
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I looked it up, they have done a final 3 in:

2006 - Cook Islands
2007 - Fiji
2007 - China
2008 - Gabon
2009 - Samoa
2010 - Heroes vs. Villains
2010 - Nicaragua
2011 - Redemption Island
2011 - South Pacific
2012 - One World
Is that list complete? I thought that since they went to a final 3, they've never gone back to 2. Is my memory that bad from only 3 years ago?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #18
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Is that list complete? I thought that since they went to a final 3, they've never gone back to 2. Is my memory that bad from only 3 years ago?
I'm pretty sure they've had a final 2 at least once since they first had a final 3.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
I missed Kat's speech (lost antennal signal, grrr). What were some of the key things she said?
Basically that she forgives everyone, told them she had a confession, that she had heart surgery twice as a kid, last time at age 12 (?) and will need it again next year. That you can't let yourself go on hating. Stuff like that. Then she made some plea to the rest of the jury to not be bitter. From all of the editing we've seen of her sitting on the jury in previous tribals (and even this one, before she spoke), I thought she would have been the most bitter. Turns out she was the least bitter (though nobody seemed particularly bitter this time...maybe Troy a little bit).
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #20
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Why is Probst allowed to tell Alicia she's untying the bags of her competitors? I hate when he inserts himself in challenges like that.

I wish he had asked during the reunion what the plan would have been had Kim not won the last immunity challenge.
Is there a rule against helping others?
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #21
omnibus
cowboy, yee-ha

When Probst was interviewing Colton's mama in the audience he asked a question of the audience comparing Colton to Russel. There was a strong reaction but I did'nt get it. Can anyone elaborate?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
When Probst was interviewing Colton's mama in the audience he asked a question of the audience comparing Colton to Russel. There was a strong reaction but I did'nt get it. Can anyone elaborate?
The take I get is that they "like" Russell and they didn't like the comparison of the two.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #23
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
Russell you loved to hate.

Colton you just hated.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #24
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Really happy that Kim won, but taking Chelsea and Sabrina inserted a LOT of unnecessary risk in that she gave the jury two viable options when they would have had none in Alicia and Christina. I thought for sure Kim was doomed, but I'm happy I was wrong; still, it was really stupid.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #25
Roadblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
The first time they had 3 was in the Cook Islands in 2006. They have had a final 3 a number of times since then. I guess they think it is supposed to add more drama? But usually the votes go between 2 of the people and the 3rd one gets no votes, so I don't think it really does.
The reason for final 3 is to avoid a final tribal council with one player taking a goat, resulting in a blowout vote with no suspense (such as if it were Kim vs Christina). It's harder to get two goats to the end, although still possible (Boston Rob).
Roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #26
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Yes, I went through the seasons on the Wikipedia and noted which had 3. The ones that had 2 since then were:

2008 - Micronesia
2009 - Tocantins
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #27
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
The reason for final 3 is to avoid a final tribal council with one player taking a goat, resulting in a blowout vote with no suspense (such as if it were Kim vs Christina). It's harder to get two goats to the end, although still possible (Boston Rob).
That makes sense.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #28
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Basically that she forgives everyone, told them she had a confession, that she had heart surgery twice as a kid, last time at age 12 (?) and will need it again next year. That you can't let yourself go on hating. Stuff like that. Then she made some plea to the rest of the jury to not be bitter. From all of the editing we've seen of her sitting on the jury in previous tribals (and even this one, before she spoke), I thought she would have been the most bitter. Turns out she was the least bitter (though nobody seemed particularly bitter this time...maybe Troy a little bit).
I was really surprised by her demeanor... pleasantly surprised. But I'm curious... if she had open heart surgery why didn't we see any scars? There were plenty of bikini shots of Kat.

Speaking of Troy... what was the correct answer to his question of Kim? Since he didn't vote for her I assume "when I got rid of Jonas" wasn't the right answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Really happy that Kim won, but taking Chelsea and Sabrina inserted a LOT of unnecessary risk in that she gave the jury two viable options when they would have had none in Alicia and Christina. I thought for sure Kim was doomed, but I'm happy I was wrong; still, it was really stupid.
I think Kim knew she had it in the bag regardless.

But what the hell was up with Christina laying down like that? No effort at all to make final three?!?! Really, that was the most boring final episode of Survivor EVER!

I'm glad this season is over.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #29
rahnbo

It really missed something with the final three thing. I don't like that there is not some final grand challenge to narrow it down to two. Funny I never noticed Kat's surgery scar until the after-show where it seemed to really stand out. Also I hope they eventually do a season in a cold or desert like environment instead of a tropical one. Survivor Sibera or Sahara would be awesome.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #30
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I was really surprised by her demeanor... pleasantly surprised. But I'm curious... if she had open heart surgery why didn't we see any scars? There were plenty of bikini shots of Kat.
Can scars be removed by plastic surgery? I could totally see a women wanting her scar gone.

That said, I myself have had open heart surgery...an artificial valve, which I suspect is the same thing Kat had. I had mine done over 25 years ago (I was 10 years old at the time). I've got a big scar a foot or so long, 3 one-inch holes for drainage tubes, they had to crack a rib to perform the surgery, and you're in the hospital for at least a week. At some time in the future I'll have to have it replaced again, and my doctor tells me that now, they just make a 1-2 inch incision over your heart, work between the ribs, and you are out in a few days.

My dad had a valve replacement 5 years ago, and that's exactly how it worked out. I'm not sure how long ago they started doing it that way, but if it was at least 5 years before my dad, then Kat would have had the same thing, and you'd probably never see a scar because it would be under her bikini top.