TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
ebf

Exclamation Fringe - "Letters in Transit" (OAD 2012-04-20)

WTF? Is that it for 2036?!?
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
john4200

No, they are obviously working towards a big Olivia reveal. Could be a while, though.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
ebf

Yeah, but, based on the previews...
Spoiler:
We're back to current time next week.

ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
ACoolDude

At least Desmond got off the island
Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolDude View Post
At least Desmond got off the island
Only to be trapped in amber. That guy can't catch a break.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf View Post
Yeah, but, based on the previews...
Fringe jumps back and forth a lot. Universes, timelines, times, etc.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

"I am NOT a prisoner, I am a FREE man!"

"These aren't the droids you are looking for."

"Move along."

LOL

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #8
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I smell a pilot. For a spinoff. Hey, how did Broyles not age? In 2036, the Observers look like cartoons. During the opening crawl, I thought for a second I was watching Blade Runner.

I must have missed some stuff. How come Ambassador Spock is entombed in amber?

I'm no physician, but I'm pretty sure if they blew Walter out of stasis that violently, they would have killed the old man.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #9
Peter000

Trying to make sense off all of the reveals in this episode.

So which reality was this? The Fringe division seemed to be on the A side. But there was Amber like on the B side. And William Bell was alive. But he resided on the B side. Was it a combined reality?

Just weird to see the Observers be evil. They've always been so detached until now.

Other than that I'm not sure what we're supposed to take away from this besides that's the future the Fringe teams have to fight.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
Family

Isn't Olivia/Peters daughter supposed to be the key to something? Wasn't that why The Observers wanted Peter to no longer exist? It seems these Observers are unaware of this. Why wouldn't they just kill her... it seems that would have been a more direct root?
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
Isn't Olivia/Peters daughter supposed to be the key to something? Wasn't that why The Observers wanted Peter to no longer exist? It seems these Observers are unaware of this. Why wouldn't they just kill her... it seems that would have been a more direct root?
They don't seem to know that she exists...when they try to "read" her, they don't get anything out of the ordinary.

By the way, when her role was cast, I'm pretty sure they said
Spoiler:
that she was going to be either a regular or recurring in the fifth season...

Old 04-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
They don't seem to know that she exists...when they try to "read" her, they don't get anything out of the ordinary.
Yes but since they've been watching history and were aware of her significance it would seem she would have been vulnerable sometime.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Yes but since they've been watching history and were aware of her significance it would seem she would have been vulnerable sometime.
Unless they can't "read" her in ANY way...

Maybe the fact that her Daddy doesn't exist makes it impossible for them to track her? She just doesn't register as being her?

By eliminating Peter, they sealed their own doom?
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
MikeMar
Go Pats

I kinda like it. Just hope they go back to 2012 for a bit. Be cool to wrap things up in 2012 and have a chunk of time in 2035 and end the show there

MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
mostman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
So which reality was this? The Fringe division seemed to be on the A side. But there was Amber like on the B side. And William Bell was alive. But he resided on the B side. Was it a combined reality?
I vote for combined. Another thing was Broyles was around - which would be an A side thing as he was put in jail on B side. Also important to recognize that this timeline still appears to be altered (Peter removed). So that never got fixed.

Was this Jones' plan? Merge the universes and let the Observers take over? Why do they need to be merged?
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Family

I wish they would stay in 2035 and resolve today's arc there. Maybe make the bad guys into the heros.

I liked this much better than the rest of the season. Now our Fringe team is coming back together like the old days.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

I'm confused as to which timeline this is. Although from the previews:
Spoiler:

If they shut down the machine then sever worlds that's why there's no mention of the other universe in this episode. I'm guessing they shut down the machine, then later in 2012 the observers take over.

Last edited by Queue : 04-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
MikeMar
Go Pats

Put the previews in spoiler tags please, I try to avoid them and almost read that Not that it's the end of the world or anything though

MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
dtivouser

TC CLUB MEMBER
And John Noble plays yet another compelling version of Walter. He is an amazing actor.

Is this the first episode of Fringe without Olivia's character appearing?
dtivouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

John Noble is so good, as is the rest of the cast.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Hey, how did Broyles not age?
He had some heavy duty old man makeup going on.

Were you watching in HD?.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #22
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
He had some heavy duty old man makeup going on.
I wasn't sure if it was make-up or FX...I did notice that in face shots his head tended to be very still with no camera movement, which hinted to me that the aging could be digital...

But it was clearly there!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Put the previews in spoiler tags please, I try to avoid them and almost read that Not that it's the end of the world or anything though
Oops. I meant to. But did that when I first woke up and apparently put it in bold. Apologies to everyone.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtivouser
And John Noble plays yet another compelling version of Walter. He is an amazing actor.
Two more versions: half-brained and full-brained. Both were awesome.

I thought this was a great episode. The hour flew by for me.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue View Post
Oops. I meant to. But did that when I first woke up and apparently put it in bold. Apologies to everyone.
Spoiler, bold text, same basic principle...
Old 04-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Cainebj

what this show really really needed was a future world and the introduction of new characters because clearly the multiple dimensions and several sets of characters in different worlds wasn't enough.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #27
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I smell a pilot. For a spinoff. Hey, how did Broyles not age? In 2036, the Observers look like cartoons. During the opening crawl, I thought for a second I was watching Blade Runner.

I must have missed some stuff. How come Ambassador Spock is entombed in amber?

I'm no physician, but I'm pretty sure if they blew Walter out of stasis that violently, they would have killed the old man.
I don't understand why they couldn't just hoist it up in the air, put a mattress under it.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #28
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
The thing is that the Observers have spent all their efforts making sure that Henry never came into existence, The Henry who would have had Fauxlivia as a mother.

September's mistake in Walternate's lab in the first season was not in distracting Walternate from the cure. It was in not factoring in the blue universe where Walter saw the cure being validated, came over and started the colliding of the two universes.

I'm pretty sure that September was there to prevent Peter from being cured. To prevent Peter from growing up, marrying Fauxlivia and their having Henry. It was Henry the Observers knew would grow up to be the their nemesis.

Then they erased Peter (and therefore Henry) from whatever eddy in the time stream September had created to use Peter to build the bridge. And having erased Henry through this multi-decade and multi-time stream effort, they thought they were done.

So Henrietta sort of slipped through the cracks. I think she got her ability to stay invisible to the Observers through either an epigenic inheritance from Olivia, or from being deliberately exposed to Cotexiphan as a youngster by her parents and grandfather. September also may have known a way to keep her safe and used it.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #29
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
Also important to recognize that this timeline still appears to be altered (Peter removed). So that never got fixed.
I was following pretty good up until they broke out the second amber. I only saw William Bell in there--no idea how he got there--but evidently Peter was in there too? So why are you saying he was removed? So Desmond pushed Peter out and Walter somehow broke off Wm. Bell's hand? Or something that makes more sense that I totally missed....

Great twist anyway. Didn't see evil Observers coming at all. Poor September must have been the best of his race.

Are there female Observers, or do they just abuse the "natives?" And is it possible for observers to grow hair?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #30
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
It is the A (or Blue) side. Massive Dynamics does not exist except in the Blue universe. The good Nina Sharp only exists in the Blue universe. Simon could only drink coffee in college on the Blue side.

The Red universe could still exist and just not have been mentioned. It could be that once the bridge served its purpose in healing, the machine was destroyed and now the two universes are separate and isolated.

In fact, the thing that Bell did might have been to strand Olivia in the Red universe by making it impossible to use her Cortexiphan talents to come back. This would set up a #WhereIsOliviaBishop scenario for Season 5.

And I really don't see the two universes merged together scenario happening. I think it would destroy both.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote