TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
jfalkingham

Spring update is now rolling out

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/10/t...be-experience/

Priority folks should be seeing soon. I will be looking for the pending restart myself. Just wish Amazon got to the game earlier to handle streaming service.
1 Roamio pro
Comcast service
jfalkingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
lujan

Yes, I got the notice this morning. Too bad I stopped Netflix streaming when they split the streaming and physical media. I may start up the Netflix streaming again and lose the cable with Comcast since most of my viewing is on local channels anyway. The cost of Netflix streaming is way lower than the cost Comcast is charging me for the Digital Starter package. I also found out that if I went from Digital Starter to Digital Economy, I wouldn't get the HD versions of the channels but just the SD versions so I might as well lose cable all together...
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
mdm08033

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Yes, I got the notice this morning. Too bad I stopped Netflix streaming when they split the streaming and physical media. I may start up the Netflix streaming again and lose the cable with Comcast since most of my viewing is on local channels anyway. The cost of Netflix streaming is way lower than the cost Comcast is charging me for the Digital Starter package. I also found out that if I went from Digital Starter to Digital Economy, I wouldn't get the HD versions of the channels but just the SD versions so I might as well lose cable all together...
If you want internet only be prepared to change internet providers.

Just a warning, Comcast may increase the price you pay for Internet only. When I was cutting the cord, I first cancelled one DVR, then I tranferred the phone to Vonage and cancelled Fios telephone. Then cancelled the televison altogether. Verizon said my monthly bill for internet only would be $90. I ask the customer service phone jockey is they were sure they wanted charge me so much considering Comcast was offering a $60 per month rate with a six month $30 per month teaser rate. She said the lowest Verizon would go was $85 per month with a two year contract.

In the end a door to door Comcast salesman signed me up for $40 per month of internet and TV. I never use the TV, instead I use antenna on the roof because I prefer the picture qaulity of the uncompressed over the air HDTV and the special $10 TiVo fee for antennna only use.

I wish they would run that $10 monthly antenna deal again.
mdm08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
lujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm08033 View Post
If you want internet only be prepared to change internet providers.

Just a warning, Comcast may increase the price you pay for Internet only. When I was cutting the cord, I first cancelled one DVR, then I tranferred the phone to Vonage and cancelled Fios telephone. Then cancelled the televison altogether. Verizon said my monthly bill for internet only would be $90. I ask the customer service phone jockey is they were sure they wanted charge me so much considering Comcast was offering a $60 per month rate with a six month $30 per month teaser rate. She said the lowest Verizon would go was $85 per month with a two year contract.

In the end a door to door Comcast salesman signed me up for $40 per month of internet and TV. I never use the TV, instead I use antenna on the roof because I prefer the picture qaulity of the uncompressed over the air HDTV and the special $10 TiVo fee for antennna only use.

I wish they would run that $10 monthly antenna deal again.
Can you ask the door to door salesman to stop by my door soon?
6 DVD
lujan is offline   Reply With Quote