TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Missing - Whole season thread (spoiles acceptable)

Anyone still watching this? I made a whole season thread as the last episode on here was in March.

I like it. Lots of twists and turns. But I did think that the family friend was going to wind up being involved with the bad guys.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
zalusky

Still watching! I love the foreign locations. Can't think of any shows at the moment that have done that.

That being said it does feel like a poor imitation of 24 with the mole. I suspected Keith Carradine from the beginning was bad. He is too big a character to just be window dressing. I wished they would have worked more on the story arc. It just seems to have meandered from this to that a little too much aka 24. And has also been said Sean Bean has absolutely zero charisma.

This is all to sad because I like Ashley Judd and I like the concept especially in 13 episode seasons. It's ratings have been so low that I think its toast though.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
This is all to sad because I like Ashley Judd and I like the concept especially in 13 episode seasons. It's ratings have been so low that I think its toast though.
The same holds true for me except I stopped watching about 2 episodes ago. The son annoyed me for some reason so it made it hard to root for him to be free. Also the CIA angle - they're flip flopping every few episodes on whether they are hunting or helping Becca. I liked it though but knowing it's going to be canceled and the fact that I have SO much else to watch, I reluctantly decided to let this one go.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

I've only watched the pilot, and it's piling up on the DVR. That's my definition a show of circling the drain.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Church AV Guy

My problem is, I find Ashley Judd unbelievable in the role. Jennifer Garner pulled it off in Alias, and even Sarah Michelle Gellar managed as Buffy, given that she was magic and all() but Ashley just seems too unbelievable. Early on in H50, Grace Park got into a fight with two or three really big guys, and she won the fight. That, too, was just not believable. It might have been believable if she were still a Cylon...

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
My problem is, I find Ashley Judd unbelievable in the role. Jennifer Garner pulled it off in Alias, and even Sarah Michelle Gellar managed as Buffy, given that she was magic and all() but Ashley just seems too unbelievable. Early on in H50, Grace Park got into a fight with two or three really big guys, and she won the fight. That, too, was just not believable. It might have been believable if she were still a Cylon...
So is it the acting or that you don't believe she could be as athletic as she portrays, or she shouldn't have all those espionage skills and connections.

If its the acting I would blame the director because Jennifer Garner does not always come across a good actor. The director though has the ability to make up for that sometimes with editing and other tricks.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Church AV Guy

Like my objection to Grace Park, I think the people Ashley has been having fights with could easily just pick her up and break her like a toothpick. No, I don't know how Jennifer Garner convinced me that she could do it. Maybe I wasn't so jadded back then, but Ashley is totally outmatched. They just look totally unrealistic to me--more like a cartoon.

I have no problem with the spy skills, if they just didn't have he beating the crap out of guys three times her size without even messing up her hair.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Lots of deaths at every turn. Pretty fast-paced for a TV series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Like my objection to Grace Park, I think the people Ashley has been having fights with could easily just pick her up and break her like a toothpick.
Have you seen Michelle Yeoh in "Tomorrow Never Dies," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," or other Hong Kong action flicks? She's even slighter in build and stature than Grace Park, but not only does she look convincing in beating the crap out of guys, she probably could do it in real life, as she has serious martial arts skillz.
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Have you seen Michelle Yeoh in "Tomorrow Never Dies," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," or other Hong Kong action flicks? She's even slighter in build and stature than Grace Park, but not only does she look convincing in beating the crap out of guys, she probably could do it in real life, as she has serious martial arts skillz.
Maybe her genuine martial arts skills make the difference. But after I posted yesterday, I remembered Nikita. She WAS believalbe in Live Free or Die Hard, for some reason, but in Nikita, it's like a comic or something. If it were actually more serious, rather than a true guilty pleasure, she would be unblievalbe in that too.

Anyway, just because I have a problem with Ashly in that role does not suggest anyone else should. There are other things about the show that are not completely satisfying, but I'm watching it anyway.

The scenery is like a whole additional character.

With the reveal of who is really behind it all, I assume it's coming to a conclusion pretty quickly now. Either that, or he'll be a persistant villan. There are only two more episodes listed in EPguides.

What are the renewal chances?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Slim to none.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Slim to none.
I was afraid of that. When you get even a little invested in a show, the ratings are just below what is needed for renewal.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I'd definitely have watched this, if they'd put it at somewhere else where I didn't already have two shows being recorded. I did watch two or three eps. when other things were on hiatus.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Deleted unwatched shows and SP. I simply wasn't hooked, and after they kept piling up, it had to happen.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
purwater
I make tasty water

My wife and I really enjoy Missing. Haven't watched the last episode on the DVR yet due to being busy lately, but it has that Alias feel to me which I really enjoyed. Worst part is whatever is going on with Ashley's face. She doesn't look like her normal self. Overall we've enjoyed it quite a bit which means it's as good as cancelled.
purwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
mattack

have a couple of unwatched eps, definitely will still watch.. even if it ends on a cliffhanger.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Canceled
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-cancels...004603890.html

I wasnt sure how they were going to make it a multiseason show anyway. I do enjoy it.

My blog:
Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Rob Dawn

Does anyone know if the season finale this week will wrap the show up nicely? We have all the episodes on the DVR but won't watch any of it if the show is not going to be wrapped up since it has been canceled.
PS3 for Blu-ray & gaming
Rob Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
sieglinde

I am watching it anyway. True, I only have one unwatched episode but it is a fun show and I like the characters and the actors. Try the first two episodes and then decide. There will be enough spoilers here to tell you whether it actually ends or not.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #20
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

What the hell was up with that surprise ending? How do they plan on finishing the story without a second season?

My blog:
Old 05-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #21
caslu

Given the series cancellation, would it really have been that difficult to cut off the cliched and completely unnecessary last 2 minutes cliffhanger? A bad ending for an okay series.
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
Rob Dawn

So did they wrap up this first season nicely?
Other than the last 2 minutes which sounds like it might have been trying to set up a second season.
(Got the whole season on DVR and not sure if I want to watch it...)
PS3 for Blu-ray & gaming
Rob Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Quote:
Maybe her genuine martial arts skills make the difference. But after I posted yesterday, I remembered Nikita. She WAS believalbe in Live Free or Die Hard, for some reason, but in Nikita, it's like a comic or something. If it were actually more serious, rather than a true guilty pleasure, she would be unblievalbe in that too.
Just fyi, it's Maggie Q that was in "Live Free or Die Hard" and is currently in Nikita; not Michelle Yeoh.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dawn View Post
Other than the last 2 minutes which sounds like it might have been trying to set up a second season.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty well wrapped up without the last 2 minutes. That can be easily ignored.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #25
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93

Yeah, I thought it was pretty well wrapped up without the last 2 minutes. That can be easily ignored.
Let's just assume she faked her death so she could go with giancarlo.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Let's just assume she faked her death so she could go with giancarlo.
I thought of that, but it makes no sense. After spending the whole season trying to rescue her son, and then giving up the opportunity to be with him to be with Giancarlo? Nah. I think it was for a plot twist to set up next season which isn't going to happen.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dawn View Post
IMHO you may be better off watching Parking Wars and getting real closure and more drama, you never know what people will do or say to get their cars out of hock.
TiVoXL4 - 2TB (1TB external)
Cablevision Raritan Valley, NJ
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
What the hell was up with that surprise ending? How do they plan on finishing the story without a second season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caslu View Post
Given the series cancellation, would it really have been that difficult to cut off the cliched and completely unnecessary last 2 minutes cliffhanger? A bad ending for an okay series.
Yes, the very ending with the blood in the car was a set up for next season when Becca was to be "missing". When it wasn't renewed, they really should have cut that cliffhanger, and let it end, rather then let it just hang there. It worked overall very well. They must have expected it to be renewed, but they should have fixed it. As you said, how much work would it have taken?

Quote:
Just fyi, it's Maggie Q that was in "Live Free or Die Hard" and is currently in Nikita; not Michelle Yeoh.
Oh, yes! I *AM* embarrassed. I knew it was Maggie in Live free... and of course Nikita, but I forgot it was Michelle in the Bond film.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Yes, the very ending with the blood in the car was a set up for next season when Becca was to be "missing". When it wasn't renewed, they really should have cut that cliffhanger, and let it end, rather then let it just hang there. It worked overall very well. They must have expected it to be renewed, but they should have fixed it. As you said, how much work would it have taken?

Oh, yes! I *AM* embarrassed. I knew it was Maggie in Live free... and of course Nikita, but I forgot it was Michelle in the Bond film.
My only thought why they didn't was maybe they were hoping to sell a season 2 somewhere? Maybe Europe or on cable here?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
BradJW

Decent series. I'm glad I watched it.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote