TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Game of Thrones - "The Old Gods and New" - S2E6 - 5/06/12 ***spoilers***

Now the Kahleesi is down to one Dothraki and one knight with no dragons.

Tyrion slapped the King!

"We have never had a king that is cruel AND an idiot!" Yeah, executing all of your subjects will really make them love you.

Breinne is only 6 foot 3. How do they make her tower so much over everybody? She's gotta be wearing elevator heels.

Methinks Jon Snow needed to sheath his second sword.

Was that the Mountain that Arya has offed?

I think Littlefinger IDd Arya and decided to hold that info for his own devious purposes.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 05-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
lambertman
How'd I get this old

Jon Snow had a most unique meet-cute.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
I know someone that will be VERY happy to have another KingSlap!

I also loved the bit about "cruel and an idiot".

There was genuine concern in my house that Sansa was going to be raped, glad that didn't happen.

The wildling grinding on Jon Snow was hilarious.

I agree that Lord Baelish is on to Arya.

How about the "Winterfell Wildling"? Why was she so loyal to Bran? She really took one for the team
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

I'm sad, I was expecting photoshop girl to be in here giddy.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
Demandred
RPSLS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer
Was that the Mountain that Arya has offed?
No it was the guy who accidentally sent the Lannisters' troop movement info to a Stark bannerman.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Goeffry's clue server is beyond needing a reboot. It is going to have to be rebuilt from scratch!
I thought it was a dirty rock he was hit with, the reality was even better!
I think that Arya knows that Baelish knows who she is, and that was part of her reason for running (that and she got a location for her brother).
The "Winterfell Wilding" was a good counterpoint to Theon Greyjoy, both were enemies taken in by the Starks and treated with respect, with differing results.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
Zarisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I know someone that will be VERY happy to have another KingSlap!

The wildling grinding on Jon Snow was hilarious.
You guys have to understand the part with John Snow.
She is a "Wildling". She's a wild thing he can't tame. Half hand
had a discussion with him explaining this. As you can see...
he didn't learn a thing. =)
"You can't tame a wild thing."
Zarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan
I'm sad, I was expecting photoshop girl to be in here giddy.
Joffrey got slapped! Joffrey got slapped! <happy dance> Tyrion is my king.
And a pile of poo slapped him across the face. That's double awesomeness!

So wow. So much happened. Watched on the plane just now. So much of the show is dark that I was having issues seeing with the sun coming in the windows. I'll have to watch again to be sure I got it all.

Now Theon has joined my die list. Cannot wait for Robb to get his revenge. Tell me he does! Mommy is always right Robb!

I hope Ghost shows up to help Jon. He best be thinking with the right head or that wildling will get him killed and we cannot have that. I didn't realize he had chased her that far to the point he's lost now.

That massacre was brutal to watch. I really felt for poor Sansa. I thought she was getting raped too. So glad that didn't happen. Dog to the rescue was fantastic though. Love that he calls her little bird.

Oh no! Dany lost her dragons. How did she think they would be safe? I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened before now with as small as her "army" is.

I also agree that Littlefinger ID'd her.

More later when I watch again.

Oh and did I mention..... JOFFREY GOT SLAPPED!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Zarisa

Hah just read something on another review I had to share... made me laugh.

RE: Jon and Ygritti
"..hopefully what happens north of the wall, stays north of the wall."

Made me giggle.
Zarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

If I were Theon, every time a woman hit on me I'd ask, "You're not my sister, are you?"

Then again, if Theon were the type to do that, he would be just a little likable...
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
No it was the guy who accidentally sent the Lannisters' troop movement info to a Stark bannerman.
Did he accidentally send it to the wrong house? Since it just happened to go to the Starks, I was wondering if Arya could have somehow influenced it. Not sure how, so probably not, but it popped into my head.

I think there's absolutely no question Littlefinger recognized her. Why else would he leave a note for anyone but her. He would have just told Tywin or whoever directly. So it was clearly a note left for her. Was anyone able to read it? All I saw was something about "ten thousand" men and "Robb".

Loved the scene between Theon and Bran. It showed how powerless Theon was (at first). Almost like he was negotiating his seige of Winterfell. But I was surprised he could bring himself to do the dirtywork and not be buddy-buddy with everyone there.

So Robb is going to retake Winterfell with a few hundred men, not knowing that Theon was calling for an additional 500 men. Wonder who will get there first. It least it doesn't matter SO much since the kids are out. So much for there always being a Stark in Winterfell.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #12
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
Ser Amory Lorch, who also is the Lannister guy who took them prisoner at the holdfast where Yoren died.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
LordKronos

Took a better look at the note. Best I can get is:

Marching ten thousance west (3 words I can't read)
the tooth. Estimate to reach you by weeks end. (2 words...I think "Scouts report")
Robb Stark moving troops south by coast. Alert (Serr.... can't make out the rest of the word, or next 2 words)
turn east at Silverhill.

So was that left by Littlefinger for Arya? Doesn't sound like something he'd leave her, but don't know why he'd leave it in a note for Tywin either. Looking back, it seems there were some papers there before Littlefinger even showed up. I don't see that particular one, but I know it was underneath some others.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
mwhip
All better

I thought it was interesting and I might be on to something that Jon Snow's Wildling prisoner is so pretty with great teeth. I have yet to see one like that.

Also I was going to call it last week and I was close but I have not read the books and not sure what happens but I thought somehow the Hound was going to be the one to get Sansa out of King's Landing. My theory is when Margery shows up to be Joffrey's Queen it would be the Hound getting Sansa to safety. I was not expecting him to save her from an angry crowd.

I agree Baelish knows that is Arya because that is what Baelish does is be observant. He just does not know how he will use this knowledge to his benefit.

One more thing...there is something weird between Brann being able to have his dreams come true and Denarys having the same. Not sure what the connection is but I think there is some connection.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The note wasn't intended for Arya...it was troop movement orders from Tywin to one of his men in the field.

But yes, Littlefinger must have recognized her. It was well-done that she was completely invisible to him (being a servant) until she messed up by spilling on him, and thus attracting his attention. After that, he kept staring at her, which would make no sense if he thought she was just a random servant girl who spilled on him. Either he knows who she is, or he knows her from somewhere and is trying to place her (and given what a smooth operator he is I would guess the latter; if he knew she was Arya he wouldn't have kept staring).
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The note wasn't intended for Arya...it was troop movement orders from Tywin to one of his men in the field.

But yes, Littlefinger must have recognized her. It was well-done that she was completely invisible to him (being a servant) until she messed up by spilling on him, and thus attracting his attention. After that, he kept staring at her, which would make no sense if he thought she was just a random servant girl who spilled on him. Either he knows who she is, or he knows her from somewhere and is trying to place her (and given what a smooth operator he is I would guess the latter; if he knew she was Arya he wouldn't have kept staring).
This seems more likely, because I can't imagine Littlefinger actually recognizing her and letting her slip out of his fingers. She's too valuable a commodity for him not to want to grab and control.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
billypritchard
Embiggener

This episode really drove home how willing the tv producers are to do things differently from the books. I think only the riot in Kings Landing was nearly 100% book accurate. The rest took some small or large divergences. They are doing a great job because I still get engrossed and love where they are taking some of the stories.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
This seems more likely, because I can't imagine Littlefinger actually recognizing her and letting her slip out of his fingers. She's too valuable a commodity for him not to want to grab and control.
On the other hand, what could he have done without tipping Tywin off and thus losing his advantage?

I don't think he knows who she is (yet), but if he did he would wait until he had her alone to play his hand.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Oh, outgoing mail. OK, and here I am thinking it was incoming, intended for Tywin.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
Oh, outgoing mail. OK, and here I am thinking it was incoming, intended for Tywin.
It could have been incoming. But either way, it had nothing to do with Littlefinger, who has nothing to do with troop movements.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
allan
I survived the Mayan

Double slap! Once with poo, once by Tyrion! That made this ep by itself!

I also was in full agreement with that wildling girl when she called Jon Snow an idiot.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #22
LordKronos

Where was Ser Jorah in all of this? Is he out trying to find Dany some ships? I'll eat my hat if that was him stealing the dragons at the end. I'm thinking somehow the spice trader guy was involved. He seemed mighty interested in the dragons earlier, and he conveniently kept Dany waiting extra long while the dragons were being taken.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
Loved the scene between Theon and Bran. It showed how powerless Theon was (at first). Almost like he was negotiating his seige of Winterfell. But I was surprised he could bring himself to do the dirtywork and not be buddy-buddy with everyone there.
Didn't Ned Stark say something in the first episode or two about not ordering something you wouldn't be willing to do yourself? (Before he executed the watch guy who'd run from the wall)

Theon being willing to do it himself should have come across as a point of strength. But he screwed it up by being mildly indecisive about doing it after being prompted and then by making such a mess of the actual execution. Hacking a neck apart is hardly the clean quick execution that might have rebounded that whole mess slightly to his favor.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
...How about the "Winterfell Wildling"? Why was she so loyal to Bran? She really took one for the team
I was thinking that for a savage that begged to become an indentured servant she has unusually good hygiene not to mention her neatly trimmed hoo-hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I thought it was interesting and I might be on to something that Jon Snow's Wildling prisoner is so pretty with great teeth. ...
Funny! Same thing. I noticed the teeth, too. Wildings also have great dental care.

The Stark men have a real weakness with killing women warriors.

I should ask why the night's watch feels the need to wipe out those guys. You could see it like "I Am Legend" where the wildings are just trying to survive and get along and these guys dressed in black keep attacking them.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
Shaunnick

Quote:
This episode really drove home how willing the tv producers are to do things differently from the books. I think only the riot in Kings Landing was nearly 100% book accurate. The rest took some small or large divergences. They are doing a great job because I still get engrossed and love where they are taking some of the stories.
Hey, hey, hey. None of that talk. Remember, we got ran off last week to the other thread.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #26
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
This is why I'm not going to read the books until the HBO series is finished. I want to see this story. I'll read the other story later.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Hey, hey, hey. None of that talk. Remember, we got ran off last week to the other thread.
I know I know. I am taking pains not say what exactly is different!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #28
steverm2

Joffrey with cow pie on his face and getting slapped by tyrion was just great.cant wait to see what happens to the little dick next.didnt really think Theon was all that evil till last nite.He really sucks at it though,so far.
steverm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverm2
didnt really think Theon was all that evil till last nite.He really sucks at it though,so far.
He certainly doesn't swing a sword like Ned Stark or Illyn Payne. The beheading was brutal. In the ew.com recap I loved this quote:
Quote:
Rodrik said he wished he never taught Theon how to use a sword. I'm betting he now wishes he taught Theon how to use a sword better.
The first ten minutes was great and again, I thought the hour flew by. I'll probably rewatch tonight to see what I missed the first time.

Last edited by Rickvz : 05-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #30
pmyers

Put me down in the: The note is unrelated to Littlefinger, camp. It was just one of many papers there and she noticed it had her brother's name in it.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote