TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Dweller

American Diggers

Anyone watching?

The premise is a group of guys with metal detectors go to historic US locations and dig for artifacts. They are typically on private property so will split the proceeds with the land owners.

I have found the show to be pretty interesting, but after the 3rd episode started fast-forwarding the first few minutes. Every episode seems to be the same in this regard. They will show up in the area, get turned down by the first 2 people they talk to, then will negotiate a split with the 3rd.

They have found some interesting items and have made some decent money from them.
Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I love stories about treasure hunting, and was very excited when this series started.

But I couldn't get into the personalities, and the show had a lot of 'OMG what is that?!?' right before a commercial only to come back with 'it is a nail/post/random metal'.

It was also weird with the random walk-ups to peoples properties trying to get permission to search.

I bailed on it after the first episode, but if it has improved I would be willing to check it out again.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Great premise. Poor execution.

To me its how Spike handles Auction Hunters, vs. A&E with Storage Wars. Spike makes everything over the top. While I know Storage Wars isn't all real, at least it doesn't feel as ridiculous as Spike's shows do.

And TruTv is worse than Spike.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
pmyers

Yeah...I tried an episode but was very dissapointed.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Dweller

I have found it gets better as the season progresses, but I make liberal use of the FF button. Generally I have been enjoying it, but it took me a little while to warm up to it.
Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote