TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Game of Thrones - "A Man Without Honor" - 5/13/12

Holy crap. I think Theon is trying to rival my hatred of Joffrey. Was that Rickon and Bran hanging???? WTF. Don't look down you little f!ck like you're full of regret. I really hope someone is pulling a fast one.

John Snow is in big trouble. That wildling taunting him about his "bone" was hilarious though. Poor guy.

Arya is too smart for her own good. I think Tywin is growing much too fond of her for HIS own good. Something has got to go down with that situation soon.

Jorah is really all that Dany has left. She best be nice to him. That dude from the house of the undead is freaky. And I so wanted that knife to really go through him.

I cannot believe that Jamie killed that dude. He was practically worshiping him! And for what? He didn't get far. Then his smack talk to Cat was not smart. I know she won't kill him but I bet she puts a hurting on him.

Oh no. Poor Sansa is capable of giving Joffrey a baby. I pray that doesn't really happen!

Am I supposed to feel bad for Cercei? I could see that Tyrion did. I almost thought for a second he was going to console her. I was waiting on her to be nasty to him for even thinking about it.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

ok...I'll read the first post after I post this: no way this is Bran and Rickon. Those 2 boys are the kids of the farmer. They are punished for sheltering the Starks during their escape.

Either way, Leon is past redemption.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post

Am I supposed to feel bad for Cercei? I could see that Tyrion did. I almost thought for a second he was going to console her. I was waiting on her to be nasty to him for even thinking about it.
that was a beautiful awkward scene when they realized they were ALMOST going to be nice to each other or (gasp!) comfort each other with a touch of the hand or even a hug!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
ok...I'll read the first post after I post this: no way this is Bran and Rickon. Those 2 boys are the kids of the farmer. They are punished for sheltering the Starks during their escape.
I think you may be right. I can't see them really killing off the two Stark boys. Or maybe they did. Hell, after seeing Ned beheaded I don't put anything in the "can't happen" category for this show.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
I think you may be right. I can't see them really killing off the two Stark boys. Or maybe they did. Hell, after seeing Ned beheaded I don't put anything in the "can't happen" category for this show.
I know, right? I love this show!

But you figure Hodor (Hodor!) and Osha would have been burned as well had they been caught.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
LordKronos

I agree there's no way those are the Starks. Theon (Leon?) said something about there's no way he could be respected if he let them get away (or something along those lines). It seems he failed to catch them and faking their death was the only way for the Prince to save face.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
tlc

I have a guess about someone. Can someone who's read the books confirm or deny:
Spoiler:
John Snow is not Ned Stark's bastard, but Robert Baratheon's.

tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
There is no need to spoilerize speculation.

I think there is no chance that Snow is NOT Ned's bastard. Given how many bastards Robert had there is no way that Ned would sacrifice his honor to claim/hide one.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
tlc

But,
Spoiler:
IIRC, the John's mother died, so he needed a home. And did Stark bring him back before his sister died? He might have been honorable enough to take that hit.

Last edited by tlc : 05-13-2012 at 11:32 PM.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
Ereth

On that particular speculation:
Spoiler:
Even by the end of book 6 we don't know. There's some speculation that, though Ned said "you have Stark blood" that he's not the father, but rather that Jon Snow is the son of his sister Lyanna. Who the father is is the subject of much debate and speculation, but we do not yet know.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
I agree there's no way those are the Starks. Theon (Leon?) said something about there's no way he could be respected if he let them get away (or something along those lines). It seems he failed to catch them and faking their death was the only way for the Prince to save face.
yes, Theon

That is a very interesting idea. The hole in my theory is that it seemed the 2 kids were strung up in Winterfell. If he had not caught them, why would he come back there? this would be a way around this.

The hole in YOUR theory is that it is a short-lived ruse; if true. Also, his actions so far have been more for the benefit of impressing his own men; something that would not go well with this deception.

But I think you are correct. He took the 2 boys from the farmer, burned them beyond recognition, and came back to Winterfell to save face AND put fear into everyone's heart about how ruthless he can be.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #12
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Oh, about defending Winterfell with 500 men against 10,000: I would assume that this only possible if the people of Winterfell (not just the soldiers) help defend (by being loyal, providing food and medicine, not letting people inside from secret entrances or back doors!...etc.).

I don't think Theon can hold Winterfell given how much the people in there hate him; even if the 500 men he asked for arrive (and I doubt they will arrive).
Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
yes, Theon

That is a very interesting idea. The hole in my theory is that it seemed the 2 kids were strung up in Winterfell. If he had not caught them, why would he come back there? this would be a way around this.

The hole in YOUR theory is that it is a short-lived ruse; if true. Also, his actions so far have been more for the benefit of impressing his own men; something that would not go well with this deception.

But I think you are correct. He took the 2 boys from the farmer, burned them beyond recognition, and came back to Winterfell to save face AND put fear into everyone's heart about how ruthless he can be.
Yes and no matter who they are, they are children and he burned them and strung them up which makes him irredeemable in my eyes. It just makes it all that much worse if they are the Stark boys because he grew up with them like family and with Bran being crippled... just wow. That would just be so unbelievably evil. I'm staying firm on them not being the Stark boys. Where's Osha and Hodar if it's them?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
LordKronos

I really loved the appearance of Harrenhall in this episode in the scene where the camera backs up all the way to Tywin. That scene made the place look much more impressive than any of the previous episodes.

I missed where Robb was heading off to. I though Cat said something about accepting or negotiating someone's (or some town's) surrender, but I thought Robb said something about there being casualties. What was going on there.

The conversation with Jamie brought up something I wanted to ask about last season but forgot. He mentioned the name Barristan Selmy (I liked that guy...hope we see more of him eventually, maybe after Joffrey is dead). Do we know anything about the status of his family, like who they are loyal to? Originally I didn't know his last name, and there was a scene where Robert was talking about first kills with Barristan and Jamie, and that Lannister wineboy was there too. Robert made a comment about being surrounded by Lannisters, so I was originally thinking Barristan was a Lannister. Obviously not the case, but I just don't know much about him, other than he was an impressive swordsman, well respected, and I think he was head of the kings guards.

Not sure why Jon ever trusted that girl to lead him somewhere good. She was obviously antagonistic to him, and he had NO idea where he was. I couldn't imagine how letting her lead would have led to a good outcome, and dang it, I was right.

I liked both the scenes with Cercie. For a minute there, I thought Tyrion was about to advocate killing Joffrey to be rid of him. Interesting how Cercie seems to be very conflicted about Joffrey...she loves him as a mother, but realizes what a monster he is. I also liked how she seemed to side with Sansa over her own son...how she shouldn't try to love Joffrey.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
Aniketos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
He mentioned the name Barristan Selmy (I liked that guy...hope we see more of him eventually, maybe after Joffrey is dead). Do we know anything about the status of his family, like who they are loyal to?
They definitively never went over his background in the show. I'll spoil just for those who really don't want book backgrounds.
Spoiler:
Selmy was a minor house, and Barristan had been a member of the Kingsguard since the Mad King's grandfather (the show rightly simplifies a lot of the lineage of the houses, so not sure what that would even be in the shows timeline, but let's just say, he was in the Kingsguard for a long time.) The Selmy house supported Renly and being from the Stormlands, their liege lords would be the Baratheons.

Aniketos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I cringed when I saw the burned bodies and since I haven't read the book yet I have no idea if those were Rickon and Bran I sure hope not.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Clearly the episode title refers to Theon.

And do we seriously only have 3 episodes left already? It seems like the season just started!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
And do we seriously only have 3 episodes left already? It seems like the season just started!
The promo after this episode said "only 2 episodes left". I thought 3 were left as well.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
cherry ghost

Three episodes left
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrguy View Post
The promo after this episode said "only 2 episodes left". I thought 3 were left as well.
Well in my haste to get my thoughts down before bed, I forgot the episode number. This was 7 so that means we have 3 left. Maybe they said "2 left until the season finale" as I keep seeing the new voiceover trend for shows these days.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
Well in my haste to get my thoughts down before bed, I forgot the episode number. This was 7 so that means we have 3 left. Maybe they said "2 left until the season finale" as I keep seeing the new voiceover trend for shows these days.
That makes sense. You're probably right.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #22
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Clearly the episode title refers to Theon.
(
Could it be Jamie too?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Could it be Jamie too?
I wouldn't say that. Jamie, although callus and wrong in killing his cousin, is a captive trying desperately to escape, he's in survival mode. I'll give him a bit more leeway than Theon.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
Aniketos

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. Jamie, although callus and wrong in killing his cousin...
He's gotta make sure to get rid of rival suitors
Aniketos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #25
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketos View Post
He's gotta make sure to get rid of rival suitors
HA! Yes, he does!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. Jamie, although callus and wrong in killing his cousin, is a captive trying desperately to escape, he's in survival mode. I'll give him a bit more leeway than Theon.
Cat called Jamie without honor. But I agree that he's lower on my "hate em" scale than Theon, who is rapidly nearing Joffrey level there.

BEEP
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
Shakhari

Not enough Tyrion and Joffrey didn't get slapped even once ... makes for a rather "mediocre" GoT
Shakhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #28
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of being chained to a post covered in your own sh*t.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #29
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakhari View Post
Not enough Tyrion and Joffrey didn't get slapped even once ... makes for a rather "mediocre" GoT
HA! This! I need way more Tyrion than we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of being chained to a post covered in your own sh*t.
What does that have to do with honor? They could have done that exact same thing to Ned Stark and it wouldn't have made him less honorable.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
LisaJaco

QUESTIONS:

I could have sworn the dire wolf followed John Snow after he left the wall. Where has the dire wolf been all this time? If it was so cold, John Snow could have cut the wolf open like a tauntaun and slept inside it. Then he wouldn't need to be snuggling up next to that grinding woman.

Also:

I could have sworn there were two dire wolves that escaped Winterfell with the Stark boys and that kitchen girl and half-wit. Where were the dire wolves when they were all walking along cracking their walnuts? I would expect the wolves to kill the bloodhounds or protect their masters in some way.

Did anyone else think about this, or am I having a Vern "Stand By Me" moment, "There's something I didn't understand. Did Lard Ass have to pay to get into the contest?"
LisaJaco is offline   Reply With Quote