TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Justified "Restitution" S05E13 Season Finale 4/8/14

Well, I guess we now know why so much time was spent setting up Ava in prison. We'll see how this plays out in the series' final season. Will she betray Boyd?

I had mixed feelings about this season finale; on the one hand it was very nice to see Wendy off Darryl in such a graphic manner, especially while Raylan watched with gun drawn. But, on the other hand, it seemed too "set up" and obvious that she was recording their conversation.

I'm gonna love me some bank-robbing by Boyd

Next season should be great with lots of Raylan/Boyd interaction as the story winds down...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
jollygrunt777

Looks like Katherine Hale is the big bad for next season.

Makes me wonder if Boyd will ultimately sell out Hale and Wynn Duffy by the end of the series finale to get to a happy ending with Ava.
jollygrunt777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

OK ending to an OK season.

The Ava storyline was a complete waste and could have been set up much better. The writing for it was poor and Joelle Carter wasn't a strong enough actor to salvage it. As an actor she needs a strong lead to carry a scene.

Not sure how I feel about next season. I hope it kinda mirrors season 1 with Boyd and Raylan ending up with an uneasy truce.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
pmyers

I really enjoyed it.

Ava being a CI could be very interesting.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

[shooting location trivia]

Sheldon and Leonard could have looked out Penny's window to see Crowe run that red light. That intersection was 2 blocks away from the intersection that sets up the view out Sheldon and Leonard's window.

Green and Oakland in Pasadena. Green Street was very recognizable.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
toddvj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I had mixed feelings about this season finale; on the one hand it was very nice to see Wendy off Darryl in such a graphic manner, especially while Raylan watched with gun drawn. But, on the other hand, it seemed too "set up" and obvious that she was recording their conversation.
It was very obvious to us as viewers anyway. I think the tension was wondering if Darryl knew. The way he glanced at her purse when she set it down made me think that he did.
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
philw1776

So just like he did with Nicky Augustine, Raylan manipulates the criminal class to set up a confrontation where he's fairly certain that the season's baddy gets killed. Don't think that I'd be able to be standing there silently with my privates shot off though.

This time Art didn't seem too disturbed that somehow Rayland managed to get the guy who shot him (Art) killed.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygrunt777 View Post
Looks like Katherine Hale is the big bad for next season.
She does not get it done for me as a big bad though. Nice cheek implants.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
pmyers

I totally didn't understand what Ava's group was talking about who was a snitch. Who didn't know who killed Ava's friend?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #10
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I totally didn't understand what Ava's group was talking about who was a snitch. Who didn't know who killed Ava's friend?
Gretchen had Penny killed then snitched on her own girl for doing it. This made it look like Ava was the snitch, which removed the group's loyalty and protection.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
philw1776

"Art" on Redeye talks about Justified and discusses his homoerotic relationship with "Rayland"

http://video.foxnews.com/v/344952188...20View%20media
Old 04-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Good interview here by Sepinwall talking to showrunner Yost about how this season didn't quite measure up and some of the on-the-fly changes that were made...

XL4
Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #13
Dawghows

Part of the reason this season didn't work quite as well for me was that I didn't really find Daryl to be all that convincing as the big bad. Granted, he was able to easily manipulate his own family. But I just never felt like he was smart enough to pose any kind of real threat to Boyd or to Raylan. Obviously we all know the hero is going to win out in an ongoing series*, but Quarles, Nicky/Theo, and certainly Mags all seemed believably cunning enough to give Raylan a run for his money. Daryl never seemed to me like he could really do much more than complicate things for the main characters.

*I don't have any insider knowledge about anything, and I haven't read or heard anything about the final season, so this is 100% in my head and is not a spoiler. BUT: Am I the only one who thinks that the fact that they continually use "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" as a running musical theme could be foreshadowing that Raylan might die in the end?
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Gretchen had Penny killed then snitched on her own girl for doing it. This made it look like Ava was the snitch, which removed the group's loyalty and protection.
why would it be bad to snitch on the person who you know killed somebody in your group? I guess the "right" move is to just kill that person yourself /shrug #thuglife
Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #15
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Since Art was shot, has Raylan killed anyone, or even fired his gun at all? I had the impression that was how it was playing out, maybe from even earlier than that. Or am I forgetting something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
why would it be bad to snitch on the person who you know killed somebody in your group? I guess the "right" move is to just kill that person yourself /shrug #thuglife
Yeah. No snitching in prison. Even if it is outside your group.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
This time Art didn't seem too disturbed that somehow Rayland managed to get the guy who shot him (Art) killed.
(paraphrasing)
Art: Is he dead?
Raylan: Yup.
Art: Did you shoot him?
Raylan: No.
Art: Thanks.

Part of me thought the "thanks" was "thanks for not shooting him yourself and being a pain in my butt."

tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #18
toddvj

Quote:
I've never been in prison myself, but I've seen enough TV shows about prison to know that you don't snitch. No matter what.

On another note, when Raylan was video chatting with Winona, did it look like he was using Windows XP? That isn't supported anymore
toddvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddvj View Post
...On another note, when Raylan was video chatting with Winona, did it look like he was using Windows XP? That isn't supported anymore
Maybe at the time this ep was taped, it still was supported...

XL4
Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #20
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

"Are those bullet holes?"

Sure Wendy was watching, but Kendal gave no direct sign that he didn't do it when Raylan was talking to him, other than going back to his prepared line, "I just saw a guy with a star on his belt." I was waiting for Raylan to say that Art doesn't wear his star on his belt, but Daryl obviously saw it.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #21
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Sure Wendy was watching, but Kendal gave no direct sign that he didn't do it when Raylan was talking to him, other than going back to his prepared line, "I just saw a guy with a star on...
His whole reaction to the discussion of killing showed the he was not capable of killing (or trying to kill) a person.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #22
JoBeth66
Temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddvj View Post
I've never been in prison myself, but I've seen enough TV shows about prison to know that you don't snitch. No matter what.

On another note, when Raylan was video chatting with Winona, did it look like he was using Windows XP? That isn't supported anymore
OT - we still have 75% of our north American employees on XP/Office 2003/IE8. I just migrated to Windows 7 on Tuesday, but I'm the guinea pig for my department (and it didn't roll out properly, but that's on my IT group, not MS). It will be at least a year, if not longer, before we have migrated everyone.
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #23
VegasVic
Craps Player

An average season, as said above Crowe wasn't nearly as good a "bad guy" as we've had in previous seasons. I guess we've all known it would evenutally come down to Raylan vs. Boyd. Should be good. They should have just left Ava in jail or knocked her off. Not looking forward to her as a CI. I DO want to see more Dewey and Dickie.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #24
Craigbob

Grrrr my recording cut off just after Hale asked Boyd how much he knows about her. What dd I miss?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #25
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
What dd I miss?
The ending
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #26
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
Grrrr my recording cut off just after Hale asked Boyd how much he knows about her. What dd I miss?
Mine cut off as well. I watched the end using On Demand (on UVerse.) They get the drugs from Boyd's car and tell him he is really bad at moving Heroin but that they hear he is really good at robbing banks. Then it cuts to a bridge where Ava meets Raylan and they discus her responsibilities as a CI.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote