TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
sieglinde

Moving and Season Passes

I will be changing cable companies soon due to moving to a different town. How will that affect my season passes? Will I have to reinput all of them or will they just change to the new channels?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
tootal2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I will be changing cable companies soon due to moving to a different town. How will that affect my season passes? Will I have to reinput all of them or will they just change to the new channels?
Your season passes should still work. Tivo will just change them to the new channel numbers.
tootal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
sieglinde

Great. Thanks
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #4

Just did a similar move and my season passes did not automatically change to the new channels. I think that the only time they will move is if you change local sources and the channel callsign doesn't change but the number does...e.g.: what will work is if fox WTICDT is on channel 6 on comcast but you move across town to a Cox area and WTICDT is now on channel 7. What won't work is you have fox wticDT on 6 in connecticut and now you have fox KLJBDT on channel 18 in Iowa. You'll have to recreate your season passes...at least I did.
9300170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9300170 View Post
Just did a similar move and my season passes did not automatically change to the new channels. I think that the only time they will move is if you change local sources and the channel callsign doesn't change but the number does...e.g.: what will work is if fox WTICDT is on channel 6 on comcast but you move across town to a Cox area and WTICDT is now on channel 7. What won't work is you have fox wticDT on 6 in connecticut and now you have fox KLJBDT on channel 18 in Iowa. You'll have to recreate your season passes...at least I did.
That's because KLJBDT is not WTICDT.
When you have cable or satellite, as the vast majority of Tivo users have, the channel names are all the same across the board so SP's will automatically find the new channel number to record.