TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Once Upon a Time 5/6/12 "An Apple Red as Blood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
FTL doesn't exist anymore, only Storybrooke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
FTL didn't become Storybrooke; Storybrooke is where the FTL characters were transported.
Told you so.

That has to be the dopiest invasion I've ever seen.

Not to mention the grumpiest. And the sneeziest.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Peter000

I thought FTL was transformed into Storybrook. But it's all "magic" so who cares about logic really? Certainly not the writers.

At any rate, I've skipped the last 10 or so episodes and on a whim decided to watch this one. It feels like I haven't missed a thing. It feels like, though, that they're going to be damned if they break the curse, and damned if they don't.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
nyny523
Oy

See?!?!

THAT'S what happens when you eat cooked fruit!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
getreal
postcrastinator

Regina's house must be magical, because when Emma came to see her, the camera showed the view over Regina's shoulder as straight into the house, yet when Emma crossed the threshold she had to walk up a few steps into the living room.

The kid who plays Henry is really not a good actor. But he is not alone in that category in this show.

I liked the dream at the start of the episode. I expected/hoped for Regina to be wearing less than silk pyjamas like when she used to sleep with the (late) Sheriff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post

At any rate, I've skipped the last 10 or so episodes and on a whim decided to watch this one. It feels like I haven't missed a thing.
Same. Kid looks bigger, though.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Told you so.

That has to be the dopiest invasion I've ever seen.

Not to mention the grumpiest. And the sneeziest.
But it wasn't the stealthiest.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I thought FTL was transformed into Storybrook.
I think it was. I doubt Regina would have created things like the toll bridge that resembled the troll bridge or Snow White's casket, so the land must have come too, and been transformed along with the characters.

The apple was retrieved from an earlier point in time before the curse had taken hold.

The crypt must have been the center of the curse, where Regina and everything in it was immune to its effects. (Except for the being transported to our world, that is.)
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Okay so for all the hokey is this FTL or not totally worth it because not only have we progressed the story along, giving Emma no reason to continue questioning the curse but I got not only no David but got Charming and most importantly Sebastian Stan! I am a happy girl. So how's Henry getting woken up do you think? I read a small spoiler about the finale but I can't seem to properly spoiler tag things on forum runner so I'll wait and add later if anyone cares.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Once again I was struck with the disparity between David and Charming, more so than any other character.

[rant]
David is consistently one of the weakest characters in the real world, and this week in FTL we get to see Charming being strong, honorable, and well, charming. It's one of the most frustrating issues I have with this show and I'm very forgiving. I keep thinking it's the writers just not knowing how to write David, but the fact it's always this way suggests it's deeper than just a writing issue.[/rant]

However despite that, it was a nice episode that really moved things along at a decent pace, loved Regina's nightmare. Burrrrn the witch! (but does she float??)
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
Zarisa

When Henry entered Emma's living room in the last segment:
If you didn't know what was about to happen. Please ..turn in your TV Viewer badge now. Don't forget to leave your remote controll with the front desk and never turn around.
Was PRAYING for a twist....hate being disappointed.
Zarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
sieglinde

I checked TVbythenumbers and this thing is likely to be renewed. I hope it comes to a conclusion.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
tiams

Quote:
Told you so.
I don't know why you feel the need to contradict me everytime I post in any thread I post in no matter what the show. Maybe you just like being contrary and are very bored. To the extent that you will import my posts from weeks past to say "I told you so" like a 3rd grader. Or, like you did last week, direct insults at me.

I still say Storybrooke is the cursed Fairy Tale Land. And besides saying "I told you so" you post no proof to the contrary.

Back to the discussion. Mr. Gold really wants the curse to be broken so he can go on a trip. My guess is so that he can find Bael who is not in Stroybrooke even if Rob Helmerichs says he is.

"unvarnished truth" LOL.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
tiams

Regina couldn't outright kill Emma because it would break the curse, so she planned on using the sleeping curse on her using the apple she got from the Hansel and Gretel witch. That would have neutralized her and protected the curse. But now Henry ate the apple turnover and he has the sleeping curse.

And only true love's kiss can wake him, right? Regina will probably kiss him first and it won't revive him. Then Emma will kiss him and since she truely loves him because she is his mother it will work.

I also wonder why Gold hasn't killed Emma to break the curse himself. Must be a clause in the contract saying he can't.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
Jonathan_S

Quote:
"unvarnished truth" LOL.
That was more *groan* from me

I'm a little confused about the mad hatter thought. I thought we'd last seen him in the hat's door room. (IOW that Emma had gotten the hat she made to work and he went through it when falling out the window).

So how was he back in town? And why was he convinced magic didn't work when he'd apparently seen it work. (And certainly told Emma that she could make magic work).
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
That was more *groan* from me

I'm a little confused about the mad hatter thought. I thought we'd last seen him in the hat's door room. (IOW that Emma had gotten the hat she made to work and he went through it when falling out the window).

So how was he back in town? And why was he convinced magic didn't work when he'd apparently seen it work. (And certainly told Emma that she could make magic work).
Yea.. they did a poor job of explaining that one.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I still say Storybrooke is the cursed Fairy Tale Land.
I still agree with this.
mike_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
And only true love's kiss can wake him, right? Regina will probably kiss him first and it won't revive him. Then Emma will kiss him and since she truely loves him because she is his mother it will work.
Yep, pretty obvious this is what will happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams

I still say Storybrooke is the cursed Fairy Tale Land. And besides saying "I told you so" you post no proof to the contrary.
Despite the physical connection of the hat to get the apple. It is established that the hat is a portal from one place to the other. Also, Regina clearly says there is no magic in this world except what she brought with her. All physical moves.

Storybrooke is in this world.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
oscarfish

Quote:
Regina couldn't outright kill Emma because it would break the curse, so she planned on using the sleeping curse on her using the apple she got from the Hansel and Gretel witch.
Is this the first we've heard of this no-kill Emma "clause" of the curse? I don't remember hearing even a hint of this previously.

It certainly explains why Regina has not physically harmed Emma in previous episodes, but up until recently, Regina showed no sign that she even knew who Emma was. Now I wonder if that is true.

I'm curious about the actual terms of this can't kill Emma thing. If Emma dies of natural causes, is the curse broken? My understanding is that there is nothing special about Emma, other than she came through to this world via the cabinet. Same with Pinocchio. What happens if Regina kills Pinocchio?

OTOH, the blue fairy that set the escape through the cabinet thing up did say Emma was special and that the moment of truth would come in yer 28th year.
oscarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Despite the physical connection of the hat to get the apple. It is established that the hat is a portal from one place to the other. Also, Regina clearly says there is no magic in this world except what she brought with her. All physical moves.

Storybrooke is in this world.
The hat was a portal to the past. The Hatter said the hat can direct you to a "time and place". Remember, everything we see in Fairy Tale Land happened already. In the past. What we see are flashbacks (like in Lost). So when we saw Snow eating the apple and it then falling into the portal, that was Fairy Tale Land before the curse.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams

The hat was a portal to the past. The Hatter said the hat can direct you to a "time and place". Remember, everything we see in Fairy Tale Land happened already. In the past. What we see are flashbacks (like in Lost). So when we saw Snow eating the apple and it then falling into the portal, that was Fairy Tale Land before the curse.
Ewwww. You mentioned Lost. I cannot converse with you.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
So how's Henry getting woken up do you think? I read a small spoiler about the finale but I can't seem to properly spoiler tag things on forum runner so I'll wait and add later if anyone cares.
I think it's pretty obvious. We already know that breaking that spell requires True Love's Kiss. Who loves Henry more than anything? Ding.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I'm a little confused about the mad hatter though. I thought we'd last seen him in the hat's door room. (IOW that Emma had gotten the hat she made to work and he went through it when falling out the window).

He was stuck in Wonderland at the end of his trip with Regina, back when her father still had his heart. We LAST saw him go out the window towards the Emma-signature hat. We have no proof that it did anything... it wasn't spinning and giving off purple smoke like his did.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfish View Post
Is this the first we've heard of this no-kill Emma "clause" of the curse? I don't remember hearing even a hint of this previously.

It certainly explains why Regina has not physically harmed Emma in previous episodes, but up until recently, Regina showed no sign that she even knew who Emma was. Now I wonder if that is true.

I'm curious about the actual terms of this can't kill Emma thing. If Emma dies of natural causes, is the curse broken? My understanding is that there is nothing special about Emma, other than she came through to this world via the cabinet. Same with Pinocchio. What happens if Regina kills Pinocchio?

OTOH, the blue fairy that set the escape through the cabinet thing up did say Emma was special and that the moment of truth would come in yer 28th year.
They probably added the no-kill clause because so many fans (like us) kept asking "Why doesn't Regina just kill Emma?"

Pinocchio was just someone to shepherd Emma. She is the "true savior" as explained by Rumpelstiltskin in the first episode.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13
I think it's pretty obvious. We already know that breaking that spell requires True Love's Kiss. Who loves Henry more than anything? Ding.
I dunno. When it comes to Henry I believe Regina does truly love him. Emma has been in his life weeks or at most months does she truly love him as much?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
Ereth

What about that little girl he has a crush on at school? Paige? The one who is the Mad Hatters daughter? That would echo the Snow White/Charming story nicely, I think.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
tiams

Quote:
Regina will probably kiss him first and it won't revive him. Then Emma will kiss him and since she truely loves him because she is his mother it will work.
Quote:
I dunno. When it comes to Henry I believe Regina does truly love him. Emma has been in his life weeks or at most months does she truly love him as much?
I really think Regina will kiss him first and not be able to revive him. And even though I said before that Emma would be the one to revive him; now that I think about it more, it might be Mary Margaret/Snow, his grandmother. That would fit because it would give Regina one more reason to hate Snow. Anyway, my guess is Regina's kiss fails and she goes ballistic.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfish View Post

I don't think the clause is specific to Emma. I think if Regina kills anyone not from FTL, the curse is broken. Which actually begs the question of whether or not she could kill Emma without breaking the curse. Perhaps she could, but does not realize it because she does not know who Emma is.

Quote:
I also wonder why Gold hasn't killed Emma to break the curse himself. Must be a clause in the contract saying he can't.
I think the clause only applies to the caster of the curse.

If not, and the rule is that any FTL being killing a non-FTL being breaks the curse, then that must mean that the rule does not apply to Emma, and Gold knows that. That might also explain why Gold hasn't been more aggressive in getting Emma to fight Regina. He would want to make sure that Emma was as prepared as possible before Regina found out who she was, and that Emma could be killed because she was not a native.

Edited to add: Actually, that doesn't make sense because then Gold could have just killed some random person to end the curse. So the clause must only apply to the caster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
He was stuck in Wonderland at the end of his trip with Regina, back when her father still had his heart. We LAST saw him go out the window towards the Emma-signature hat. We have no proof that it did anything... it wasn't spinning and giving off purple smoke like his did.
And unless he was playing some deeper con against Regina, and did in fact leave and come back, he didn't think there was any magic left, which must mean that all that happened when he jumped out the window was that he broke a few bones.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to believe here. Emma read Regina as lying when she said she loved Henry. But yet she has not been willing to give Henry up when that would have gotten rid of Emma. And even when Gold pointed that out to her in this episode, she was still reluctant.

In her dream she said she just wanted to win for once, so perhaps she sees giving up Henry as one more loss.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #29
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
Emma read Regina as lying when she said she loved Henry.
Huh? Wasn't it the opposite? And that's why she was willing to leave Storybrooke (and Henry) when she cut the deal with Regina?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #30
tiams

Let's make a list of characters and stories we would like to see in future episodes.
Jack and the Bean Stalk
Goldilocks
Rapunzel