Delete twice bug on new message

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=487962
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #92
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
I don't remember seeing the "Pair" option in the app at launch. Since the TiVo App is downloaded from YouTube after the app is selected and there isn't any version information I can find on the app page, they can incrementally patch it without us knowing. I think the update was done recently (i.e., in the past week or so).
Exactly. That type of update might be incompatible with a traditional changelog. Unless someone has made note of the versions of the Youtube and Netflix applications already, I am not sure how we are going to handle this. The two will be completely uncoupled from the version of the TiVo base software. I warned about this earlier in this or another thread. Hmmm.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #93
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Exactly. That type of update might be incompatible with a traditional changelog. Unless someone has made note of the versions of the Youtube and Netflix applications already, I am not sure how we are going to handle this. The two will be completely uncoupled from the version of the TiVo base software. I warned about this earlier in this or another thread. Hmmm.
Yep. I remember the comment you posted earlier. What's worse is that YouTube and Netflix don't post any change logs so its very difficult to track. I think maybe just a note up front in the areas of the Change Log discussing Netflix and YouTube and Hulu Plus.

The community can do a pretty decent job of identifying differences like the recent addition of remote app control to the YouTube app. From my perspective, the ability to control YouTube via a second screen changes a nearly unusable application into something I may actually use when it makes sense.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #94
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Unless someone has made note of the versions of the Youtube and Netflix applications already, I am not sure how we are going to handle this.
There doesn't appear to be any version numbers or way to access them, greatly complicating this issue. This means we will never really know for sure if there is a change or when there is a change.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #95
labryadae

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread - but the NEW designation is NOT helpful for me. Previously it worked great - it just 'disappeared' at 1700 or so.
But now, it's by every show which has aired this MONTH - even weeks ago!
I could maybe understand showing a NEW by the new weekly episode until another episode airs (tho I wouldn't prefer that) - but having a program which aired 3 weeks ago tagged as NEW just means Ihave to select it to see the First Aired date.
Does anyone else see this, or is it just my TIVO (Premiere XL).
labryadae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #96
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by labryadae View Post
I didn't see it mentioned in this thread - but the NEW designation is NOT helpful for me. Previously it worked great - it just 'disappeared' at 1700 or so.
But now, it's by every show which has aired this MONTH - even weeks ago!
I could maybe understand showing a NEW by the new weekly episode until another episode airs (tho I wouldn't prefer that) - but having a program which aired 3 weeks ago tagged as NEW just means Ihave to select it to see the First Aired date.
Does anyone else see this, or is it just my TIVO (Premiere XL).
You are not the only one who has seen it. I just noticed it yesterday but hadn't posted anything about it yet. Trying to determine exactly what the criteria is.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #97
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I always thought it meant that the recording was made as a first run. If not on the first air date, then on the next showing that the TiVo could catch it. IOW, if you had a SP set to "First Run Only" every recording would say "New" until you deleted it.

No?
pdhenry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #98
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
I always thought it meant that the recording was made as a first run. If not on the first air date, then on the next showing that the TiVo could catch it. IOW, if you had a SP set to "First Run Only" every recording would say "New" until you deleted it.

No?
I believe both of us are referring to the "NEW" tags in the guide, not in the NPL. I know I was.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #99
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

There are "NEW" tags in the guide??

Never mind.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #100
TerpBE
Go Terps!

I found another bug:

When exiting Youtube or Netflix (via "Clear" button), if you had previously had a recorded program paused, you are no longer able to make it full screen with the "Zoom" button.

Here's how to recreate it:

1. Play a recorded program. Hit Pause.
2. Bring up youtube from "My Shows"
3. Hit "Clear" (you don't even need to wait for youtube to load completely).
4. You'll be back in your "My Shows" list with the recorded program paused in the upper right, but there is no way to make it full screen again without navigating to the program and selecting it again. Hitting "Zoom" doesn't work like it does in every other situation like this.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #101
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

HDUI, I'm watching something live and the TiVo wants to record a suggestion. Instead of saying that it's a suggestion, and what the channel and program is, I just get a popup saying "About to start recording" with the option to permit it or cancel it - no more info.

Is this what everyone else is seeing? Should I reboot?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #102
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Is this what everyone else is seeing?
Nope.

Someone mentioned a while back that the message no longer had the word "suggestion" in it, and I replied that I hadn't even noticed, because I always went by the "would like" (suggestions) vs. "needs to" (scheduled recordings) wording, which was still there. (It comes earlier in the message.) I saw "would like" as recently as yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #103
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Yeah, an hour later I got another request to record a suggestion and it worked just as it should. It did have the word "suggestion" the second time, along with teh name of the show and the channel.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #104
Rowsdower
The Final Sacrifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Tivo really needs to get rid of the redundant "HD Recordings" folder. It never served a purpose other than to single them out and show them off - but now that every channel in most packages is available in HD, it's completely unnecessary and annoying.
For those of us who record some programs in SD to conserve hard disk space, a list of HD recordings (which can be viewed and deleted first to free up the most space) is very handy.

I don't understand how the folder is "annoying" to persons who don't use it, but an option to disable/enable it should satisfy everyone.
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #105
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
For those of us who record some programs in SD to conserve hard disk space, a list of HD recordings (which can be viewed and deleted first to free up the most space) is very handy.

I don't understand how the folder is "annoying" to persons who don't use it, but an option to disable/enable it should satisfy everyone.
I also like it, for different reasons. There's a lot of stuff that is recorded on that TiVo, but the stuff I want to watch I record in HD and almost all of the HD is stuff I wanna watch.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #106
proudx

echo bug

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476581

Echo:
Sometimes, when I fast forward through a program and come to a stop, the audio has an extremely echo sound. When I hit the 8-second back button the audio returns to normal.

I too have noticed this in 20.2.1 as well as the previous version. pause will not get you out of the echo mode, but a 8 second rewind or a quick fwd will as well.
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #107
alyssa

i haven't seen this addressed altho it maybe a removed feature in the old S3 formats and intentionally not in the Elite's software.

Can't toggle threw shows

select a folder
goto first show
press the channel down button
in the S3versions, it would take me to the second show, in the S4's i go no where.

For all your Comic-Con needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #108
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa View Post
i haven't seen this addressed altho it maybe a removed feature in the old S3 formats and intentionally not in the Elite's software.

Can't toggle threw shows

select a folder
goto first show
press the channel down button
in the S3versions, it would take me to the second show, in the S4's i go no where.
Yes, this has been noted previously. It is a feature/bug/design flaw in the HD menus.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #109
alyssa

sorry abt that, i thought i went threw everything in this thread but must have missed it.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #110
lpwcomp

Quote:
sorry abt that, i thought i went threw everything in this thread but must have missed it.
It's probably not in this thread since it wasn't a new issue with 20.2.1. I may be wrong, but I don't think this has ever worked in the HD menus.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #111
MC Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
It's probably not in this thread since it wasn't a new issue with 20.2.1. I may be wrong, but I don't think this has ever worked in the HD menus.
When I go into a show's folder and press channel down, I jump down one page. Behavior is consistent in both SD and HD menus.
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #112
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hammer View Post
When I go into a show's folder and press channel down, I jump down one page. Behavior is consistent in both SD and HD menus.
That's not what he's talking about. Go into a folder. Select an episode, not just highlight it. Now hit channel up or down. If you're using the SD menus, it navigates up or down within the folder. If using the HD menus, it does nothing.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #113
alyssa

ipwcomp, yeah that's exactly what i'm talking about.

i agree, i don't think it's ever worked in the s4's. Getting the onscreen clock back got me hoping the episode jump would work... My spouse still complains about that loss of functionality (almost on a weekly basis, <sigh>).

thks for the explanation

Old 06-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #114
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
ipwcomp, yeah that's exactly what i'm talking about. i agree, i don't think it's ever worked in the s4's. Getting the onscreen clock back got me hoping the episode jump would work... My spouse still complains about that loss of functionality (almost on a weekly basis, <sigh>).

thks for the explanation
It has never worked on the HD menus. And yes, I very much miss that when I changed from the SD menus. It greatly simplified/sped up some of my decision making.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #115
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476581

Echo:
Sometimes, when I fast forward through a program and come to a stop, the audio has an extremely echo sound. When I hit the 8-second back button the audio returns to normal.

I too have noticed this in 20.2.1 as well as the previous version. pause will not get you out of the echo mode, but a 8 second rewind or a quick fwd will as well.
Guess we have to wait to see if this is something about the TiVo or something about the audio hardware. Personally, I have never experienced that. I am using optical out (TOSLINK) to an older Pioneer VSX-S810S.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #116
lpwcomp

Quote:
ipwcomp, yeah that's exactly what i'm talking about.

i agree, i don't think it's ever worked in the s4's. Getting the onscreen clock back got me hoping the episode jump would work... My spouse still complains about that loss of functionality (almost on a weekly basis, <sigh>).
Hopefully TiVO will implement this feature in the HD menus at some point. Until then, the next time your spouse complains, just switch back to the SD menus and say "There. Fixed it. Happy now?".

Quote:
thks for the explanation
You're quite welcome. My apologies for using the incorrect pronoun. Lately, most of my energy has been expended in a , um, discussion in another thread.so I looked neither at your name nor your photo.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 06-08-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #117
proudx

Quote:
Guess we have to wait to see if this is something about the TiVo or something about the audio hardware. Personally, I have never experienced that. I am using optical out (TOSLINK) to an older Pioneer VSX-S810S.
I have only experienced it via the Analog RCA outs on the tivo. So far it appears isolated to the tivo analog output for me. I haven't experienced it so far via hdmi audio/out.
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #118
alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Hopefully TiVO will implement this feature in the HD menus at some point. Until then, the next time your spouse complains, just switch back to the SD menus and say "There. Fixed it. Happy now?".
The problem is, he'd *like* that...

Quote:
You're quite welcome. My apologies for using the incorrect pronoun. Lately, most of my energy has been expended in a , um, discussion in another thread.so I looked neither at your name nor your photo.
i must have missed that pronoun..no harm, no foul

Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #119
Cactus Bill

Playing groups of episodes

I often play a group of episodes on my premiere (hit play on the folder in the my shows menu). It's supposed to start with the oldest recording and move through the group automatically. Recently (after the update?), I've noticed a couple of instances where, after it starts playing a second episode in the group, it pulls up the main menu. The second episode continues playing in the corner of the screen. Anybody experience this?
Cactus Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #120
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Bill View Post
I often play a group of episodes on my premiere (hit play on the folder in the my shows menu). It's supposed to start with the oldest recording and move through the group automatically. Recently (after the update?), I've noticed a couple of instances where, after it starts playing a second episode in the group, it pulls up the main menu. The second episode continues playing in the corner of the screen. Anybody experience this?
My only problem with groups is after playing a group I delete the group. Since the update the group deletes except for the last one. So I have to delete the last show separately.
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote