Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #61
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
It appears to be 5 seconds. AND it is not just the replay button! You can't go back AT ALL, even using rewind, until 5 seconds has elapsed. Are we sure it wasn't this way before?
Yes, I'm sure. Occasionally my Tivo/receiver will have a tinny sound and hitting replay corrects the problem, so I have often hit replay within a second or two of starting to play back a recorded show.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #62
chetw

The green scrub bar/timeline (what shows up when you hit play when watching a recording) now appears to have a bit of a gradient similar to the Aqua theme in Mac OS X. Has it always been this way -- I seem to recall it being a flat green color with no gradient in the past?
chetw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetw View Post
The green scrub bar/timeline (what shows up when you hit play when watching a recording) now appears to have a bit of a gradient similar to the Aqua theme in Mac OS X. Has it always been this way -- I seem to recall it being a flat green color with no gradient in the past?
I noticed the same thing, but thought it was my imagination. I think it was either flat or just had less of a gradient (either in size or contrast) previously.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #64
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetw View Post
Unfortunately, I just can't tell. We will have to wait for someone to be able to compare screen shots or something. I am interested in any and all changes, so I will wait patiently
Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #65
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivered View Post
I'm getting a popping sound from my speakers when I change channels, wasn't a problem before this new update. I'm using an optical cable to a HK 245 receiver.
I am also using optical to a receiver, a Pioneer VSX series, and have no such problems...
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #66
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Either I am confused or you are. [...]
Well, I am more confused than all of you, so I will wait for some conclusion to surface...
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #67
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivered View Post
I'm getting a popping sound from my speakers when I change channels, wasn't a problem before this new update. I'm using an optical cable to a HK 245 receiver.
As an experiment, try changing the TiVo's audio output to PCM. Does the popping go away when you do this?

I have always had this problem, with all of my TiVos, using HDMI outputs. I am feeding Sony TVs and a Sony soundbar. Sony blames it on the STB... LINK
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #68
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
As an experiment, try changing the TiVo's audio output to PCM. Does the popping go away when you do this?

I have always had this problem, with all of my TiVos, using HDMI outputs. I am feeding Sony TVs and a Sony soundbar. Sony blames it on the STB... LINK
Which Sony sound bar? I've used the SOny HT-CT100 sound bar for several years in one of my setups and I've never had any issue with my TiVos over HDMI with it. I also use native resolution output with the TiVo as well. At the time the 3.1 speaker bar was a great way to get 7.1 LPCM from my BDs since it was one of the few speaker bars at the time to handle 7.1 LPCM audio. Although now it's mostly used with just 5.1 DD and 5.1 DTS.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #69
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Just saw this happen tonight after getting the update within the last couple of days - looks unusual.

The TiVo started recording two suggestions at the same time, what was unusual was that each recording was an an SD channel that I had unchecked because I also receive the HD version of those channels.

SW Version 20.2.1.1-01-2-746
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #70
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Just saw this happen tonight after getting the update within the last couple of days - looks unusual.

The TiVo started recording two suggestions at the same time, what was unusual was that each recording was an an SD channel that I had unchecked because I also receive the HD version of those channels.

SW Version 20.2.1.1-01-2-746
That is quite unusual, indeed. Have never heard of that type of thing happening before. Anyone else? Problem or fluke?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #71
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I looked through the suggestions list from the last couple of days and this was the only instance of any unchecked channels being recorded.

I'm still having cases of checked SD channels (Baltimore locals that aren't provided in HD here) being used for suggestion recordings when the same show is on an HD channel, but that's not new and arguably there's a rationale for that since SD programs take less disk space and it's a suggestion after all (I think the TiVo might select the lowest-numbered channel carrying a suggested program, actually). To address this I unchecked those channels tonight (these aren't the same unchecked channels that were used for suggestions tonight)
Old 05-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #72
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Which Sony sound bar? I've used the SOny HT-CT100 sound bar for several years in one of my setups and I've never had any issue with my TiVos over HDMI with it. I also use native resolution output with the TiVo as well. At the time the 3.1 speaker bar was a great way to get 7.1 LPCM from my BDs since it was one of the few speaker bars at the time to handle 7.1 LPCM audio. Although now it's mostly used with just 5.1 DD and 5.1 DTS.

I am using the SONY HT-CT150. I had the problem on the S3 box, and now the Premiere XL. I also get the sound when the TiVo is directly connected to either of my Sony TVs (HDMI).
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #73
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I had another instance of recording a suggestion from an unchecked channel again, but I'm thinking the recorded channels are ones that I unchecked between a couple of days to a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I need to wait a couple of weeks after deleting channels to see if that matters.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #74
mrizzo80

Had a Netflix-induced reboot yesterday. Netflix video froze (audio continued); followed by a reboot. I've never had Netflix cause a reboot on any Tivo software version before.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #75
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
I had another instance of recording a suggestion from an unchecked channel again, but I'm thinking the recorded channels are ones that I unchecked between a couple of days to a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I need to wait a couple of weeks after deleting channels to see if that matters.
Hmm, I suppose that is possible. I am not sure exactly WHEN the TiVo decides what to record for suggestions. If you look at your "todo" list, it will show suggestions for many days in advance. I have never tested to see if turning off a channel which it had already decided to record something would stop it or de-schedule it. I always assumed it would.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #76
BryanC

Anyone still have issues with the Cox Plus channels in your market? I'm in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market and the TiVo Premiere with an M Card and a Tuning Adapter seems to have them still authorized but can't tune to them. I verified they're in the 800/900 range. Shows "Searching for Signal on this Channel when I change to the channel and the diagnostics shows:

Freq: 891000Khz
Modulation: QAM 256
Signal Lock:No
Program Lock: No
Search Complete: Yes
RC State: Available
Current Tuning Status: Tuned-Success
Tune State: In Progress

Seems to be all the Plus pack channels (secondary premiums in HD).
BryanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #77
Nargg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
Anyone still have issues with the Cox Plus channels in your market? I'm in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market....
I'm in the Tulsa market, and installed a new TiVo yesterday. Lots of channels missing. 90% of them missing! Not just Plus channels. In multiple calls to support, there could be a number of problems. I'm thinking it's programming errors on their side. Right now I have a tech visit scheduled in a couple of days, but continue to call them and work on possibilities.
Nargg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #78
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
I'm in the Tulsa market, and installed a new TiVo yesterday. Lots of channels missing. 90% of them missing! Not just Plus channels. In multiple calls to support, there could be a number of problems. I'm thinking it's programming errors on their side. Right now I have a tech visit scheduled in a couple of days, but continue to call them and work on possibilities.
Do you have a tuning adapter installed?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #79
Kingpcgeek
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
Anyone still have issues with the Cox Plus channels in your market? I'm in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market and the TiVo Premiere with an M Card and a Tuning Adapter seems to have them still authorized but can't tune to them. I verified they're in the 800/900 range. Shows "Searching for Signal on this Channel when I change to the channel and the diagnostics shows:

Seems to be all the Plus pack channels (secondary premiums in HD).
Since the spring update I have been receiving them fine in AZ. Are you sure that Cox has authorized them? It took me several call to them until I got to someone that knew TiVo users were allowed to have the channels. I had three agents and a supervisor tell me that only I could get them is if I had the Whole House DVR.
Kingpcgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #80
lpwcomp

Got the update. It installed after either a spontaneous or improper reboot. I was actively recording something on one tuner and was watching "live TV" on the other, hit the TiVo button and "bam", reboot.

Anyway, here's what I see:

5.8, closed caption problem, still broken.

5.11.8 & 5.14.3, first aired date problem, fixed.

5.18 & 5.28 appear to be fixed

Lastly, regarding the metadata fix, "YAY!!!". I was probably the second most annoyed person on the TCF about this.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #81
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Anyway, here's what I see:

5.8, closed caption problem, still broken.
5.11.8 & 5.14.3, first aired date problem, fixed.
5.18 & 5.28 appear to be fixed
Great... love getting rid of more from section 5! All in version 7 now.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #82
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Version 7 update
Remember to check the first posting to see the most current version:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...54#post9088054

Your feedback is important! Please report errors- typos, things that are missing, numbering issues, things that should not be there, miscategorizations, clarifications, etc. Note that sometimes there is a delay before items are added/removed as I attempt to clarify or verify things, or wait for others to comment or verify. Please help out to see if we can remove anything else from section 5.

0: Added new: 1.1.1.2 through 1.1.1.7, 1.1.2.1 through 1.1.2.4, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 3.1.1.1 through 3.1.1.3, 3.1.2.2, 3.1.3 through 3.1.5
1: Added new: 1.2.1.1, 1.2.2, 3.1.1.4, 3.1.5, 3.2.2 Restored: 4.1, 4.2
2: Added new: 4.3, 1.2.1.2, 1.2.1.3 Removed: 3.2.2
3: Added new: 1.2.1.4, 1.2.2.2, 2.1, 3.1.6 Restored: 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8 Clarified: 3.1.1.4 Removed: 5.27, 5.23, 5.14.1, 5.20
4: Added new: 1.1.1.8, 1.1.4, 1.1.5 Restored: 4.2, 4.9 Removed: 1.2.1.3, 4.2 Renumbered 1.2.1.4 to 1.2.1.3
5: Added: 3.1.7, 3.1.8, 3.1.9, 3.1.10
6: Added 3.1.11, 3.1.12, 3.2.1 Removed: 5.3
7: Restored: 4.10 Added: 3.1.13, 3.1.14, 3.1.15
Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #83
bbrown9

I can't get this to work:
3.1.4 SELECT-PLAY-SELECT-9-SELECT now displays an on-screen clock (without seconds) in the upper right corner during video playback. (Make sure you press SELECT once first, to bring up the Mini-Guide, before you enter the code.)

I press SELECT. I see the miniguide.
I press SELECT again. I see the info bar.
I press PLAY. I see the info bar with the play progress bar under it
I press SELECT. I see the mini-guide again
I press 9. The channels in the miniguide jump to the channel closest to channel 9
I press SELECT again. It changes to thaat channel.

How are you all getting this to work?
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #84
bbrown9

Apparently it took. I'm seeing the clock on my screen now. And my husband hasn't even noticed or started complaining about it yet.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #85
moyekj

crxssi, a new bug introduced by this Spring update related to Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select code for quick clear of time bar when using trick play functions. Quick clear of 30 sec skip doesn't work depending on Remote Control Setup settings. See the thread starting at link below for reference:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...32#post9111732
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
Yes, for 30 sec skip you actually have to do the following for it to clear quickly:
Settings-Remote,CC,&Devices-Remote Control Setup-Advance and Replay buttons
Then make sure that setting is "ADVANCE scans forward 30 seconds" instead of "ADVANCE skips to tick".
Then you can re-enter SPS30S if necessary to get 30 sec skip back if scan is enabled when you do the above. Then you will see 30ss will clear quickly as well.
This was a new "bug" introduced by Spring update but luckily I found the above fix/workaround.

The Showcases trick for SPSPS "quick clear" and the above setting such that "quick clear" works for 30ss probably needs to be put somewhere more prominent for future reference as I'm sure they will be asked again by others.

Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #86
sbiller

YouTube Remote / Pairing

It appears that the YouTube App has been updated to support Pair which allows a mobile device to work as a remote control for the YouTube Leanback App on the TiVo.

The selection is available via the My YouTube selection in the App.

Once you've selected the Pair option, the following screen appears which allows you to pair selected devices.

As you can see I've paired the Samsung SPH-P100 (Original Galaxy Tab running Android 3.2) and my iPad3.

Android devices are supported via an Android App, YouTube Remote, available here in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ytremote&hl=en

Other mobile devices are supported via the web browser. My iPad 3 works very well as an App as well.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #87
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller
It appears that the YouTube App has been updated to support Pair which allows a mobile device to work as a remote control for the YouTube Leanback App on the TiVo.
I noticed that as well. It works well, but I need to re-pair my devices every time I run the YouTube app on the TiVo. The TiVo app doesn't remember pairing info between sessions.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #88
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I noticed that as well. It works well, but I need to re-pair my devices every time I run the YouTube app on the TiVo. The TiVo app doesn't remember pairing info between sessions.
Agreed. There is an issue which requires re-pairing on both the Android app and the iOS mobile browser. I've posted a question to the YouTube Support Community here.

https://youtubemobilesupport.com/thread/1073
Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #89
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Updated *when*, though?
Old 05-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #90
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Updated *when*, though?
I don't remember seeing the "Pair" option in the app at launch. Since the TiVo App is downloaded from YouTube after the app is selected and there isn't any version information I can find on the app page, they can incrementally patch it without us knowing. I think the update was done recently (i.e., in the past week or so).